Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Erevan and Gnarl in Arvandor.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  00:36:57  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Waiting for the session to start with my campaign friends and I'm browsing Gnarl in Players Guide To faerun. Now I'm left wondering... If The Palace of Erevan Ilesere is loaded with the Greatest array of tricks, traps, chaos, mischief anywhere in all the Planes within the multiverse! Says so in TpGtF. 3.5ed. How many Epic level NPC's would it take to gain entrance to Gnarl and actually succeed in leaving with something? And who would your Epic line up be to do such an impossible thing? Mind you... Erevan Ilesere built this Palace with a mere thought. Who could tackle the greatest theft of all time? How many, what classes? What races could?...

I'd like to know from everyone who reads this thread. Thanks... CEV!

;)

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  18:51:19  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whatsa Gnarl?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  22:06:25  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Whatsa Gnarl?

Gnarl is the village at the foot of his Palace. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  23:06:26  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Epic level NPCs? Nah. Send in Mask and Brandobaris.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  07:52:45  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Epic level NPCs? Nah. Send in Mask and Brandobaris.

I'm afraid even Mask would find it hard to get through the endless tricks and pranks, and traps Erevan Ilesere has in order. Brandobaris being a favored ally of Erevan would have a much more easy time at the entrance. But eventually would fall short of the goal. Don't you think??

Epic NPC's even... who? How many? Who could penetrate Erevan's Palace?? I'm starting to think the answer is nobody!!
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  08:46:08  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe this... Elminster, The Shrinshee, (Khelben is dead), The Simbul, A random Manshoon clone, Aaeron Morieth (as a good shadow adept to balance.) Curudin Ahmaquissar- (Chosen of Erevan Ilesere.), Mintipur Moonsilver, Sansarthos Selorn- (Bladesinger/Rogue born under a sign of Erevan), Quilue Veladorn, Halaster Blackcloack, Hansvelt Ironcloak- (Human Monk level 16 from Thesk). Draknimal Understone- ( Cleric/Rogue of Baravar Cloakshadow). Symonh Fleetskip-(Cleric/Rogue of Brandobaris). Nyromhbar Bloodstone- (Cleric/Rogue of Vergadain. *Dwarven god of Trickery and mischief*). Look it up in Demi-Human dieties...2ed.

And more... 'cause I would assume it would take more than that to penetrate the Palace of Erevan ilesere!
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2013 :  07:21:43  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say at least 12 epic PC's between the levels of 50 and 100. Most being rogues, scouts, rangers, wizards, sorcerers, Cleric/Rogues, and the like.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2013 :  16:31:13  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Avner of Hartsvale, chosen of Mask, fomerly chosen of Kelemvor would probably be able to pull it off.
He did manage to free Mystra from Helm's prison after all.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2013 :  03:21:31  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

Avner of Hartsvale, chosen of Mask, fomerly chosen of Kelemvor would probably be able to pull it off.
He did manage to free Mystra from Helm's prison after all.

Not sure he could pull it off to be honest.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000