Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Return of a Scribe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  20:31:21  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
<furtively looking about to see if Alaundo did not notice the sudden reappearance>

Well Met fellow Realmsians and Candlekeep dwellers, been a while since I have been (actively) visiting the halls of Candlekeep. But it would appear that once infected by the Ed Greenwood/Forgotten Realms virus one cannot just leave it be.

I cannot promise that I will be as active as I might have been in the past (Candlekeep Compendium), but I'll be around looking for and sharing Realmslore.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  22:47:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  01:08:51  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaundo's writing desk is currently heaped with much heated discussion about recently-announced 5E. That is, those parts of it which aren't already backlogged with piles of unsorted tomes.

Welcome back Mumadar Ibn Huzal ... lol, can I just address you as Mumadar for convenience?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  03:09:54  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back! Your timing is great, Mumadar Ibn Huzal! (And those are the words of Ed of the Greenwood, not just mine.)

love and hugs,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  03:57:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you again, Mumadar.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  09:58:39  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@ Ayrik, Mumadar is fine of course :)
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  19:58:54  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Mumadar. An auspicious time for your return.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  20:38:11  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye, it would seem... Tymora's subtle guidance perhaps?
Go to Top of Page

Wolfhound75
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2012 :  04:11:59  Show Profile Send Wolfhound75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Ahlan wa sahlan, sadiqi."

He glances at you curiously. "You appear confused. You do not speak the language of the Land of Fate? I believe you refer to it as Midani here in Candlekeep."

"Very well...we shall have to converse in common." He sighs.

"Welcome, friend."

"Firepower - if it's not working, you're not using enough." ~ Military Proverb

"If at first you do succeed, you must've rolled a natural 20!"
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  08:20:55  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow a very warm welcome to you, soooo long since you were last seen 'ere

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  21:18:18  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met! It occurs to me that I should stop in here as well, as yesterday was my first visit back to these halls in quite some time. I've been sidetracked... mostly by Golarion and a friend's homebrew world, but work has played a part as well... but certain recent announcements got my attention.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 18 Jan 2012 21:19:06
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  21:45:28  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye, Well Met Jak and also welcome back.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  22:56:06  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to see the gang getting back together.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  09:58:32  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Ah, my dear Mumadar. Attempting to sneak in through the back, eh? Back to thy desk...i'm sure ye have much lore to write up!

Welcome back, old timer.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  10:45:27  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The ink is drying on the first pages...
It's good to be back
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000