Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Hello from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Knightfall
Learned Scribe

Canada
148 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2011 :  05:59:06  Show Profile  Visit Knightfall's Homepage Send Knightfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

I've decided to take the plunge and join the forums here at Candlekeep. Normally, I'm a mainstay on EN World and The Piazza. As EN World has moved more towards 4E and Pathfinder, I've found myself looking elsewhere for good discussions based on the older editions. I'm a huge fan of 3E and a long time fan of the 2E Forgotten Realms.

I've collected many of the 3E Realms books and love the detailed information in the books. However, my favorite version of the Realms will always be the 2E version. (I do have the 1e boxed set, however.) 2E is where I started and I am very nostalgic about the 2E FR boxed sets/books. I love my City of Splendors boxed set and won't ever give it up!

I'm not enamored with what WotC has done with the 4E version of the Realms, but I don't hate it. (I have the two main books.)

Anyway, glad to be here.

Cheers!

Robert Blezard
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada

p.s. Some of you might know me as the guy who wrote (and, hopefully, will finish) Realmsian Dragonstar.

ROBERT BLEZARD
"I write; therefore, I am!"

Heroes of Deepwater

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2011 :  10:13:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2011 :  15:29:03  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And don't be shy about posting questions for the many Realms writers and designers here, in particular the creator of the whole show himself, Ed Greenwood, who speaks to us here at the Keep through one of his longtime players, The Hooded One . . .
Welcome!
BB
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2011 :  16:06:59  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and well met, Kinghtfall!

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Sith_Lord_Drizzt
Seeker

Canada
92 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2011 :  16:36:10  Show Profile  Visit Sith_Lord_Drizzt's Homepage Send Sith_Lord_Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Knightfall! I was born and raised in Edmonton!

"Jarlaxle's grin disappeared as he turned his attention to Drizzt. He watched the fury of the drow unleashed. Jarlaxle had seen Drizzt in action many times before, but never like that".
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2011 :  07:00:53  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Knightfall! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2011 :  12:31:12  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bah. What's the Canadians ever done for the Forgotten Realms.

Welcome Knightfall.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Knightfall
Learned Scribe

Canada
148 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  07:34:16  Show Profile  Visit Knightfall's Homepage Send Knightfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks all. I'm glad to be here.

I've always known that Candlekeep was a great site for Realmslore, but I didn't realize how much original content there was on here.

I've already downloaded all the Candlekeep Compendiums.
Go to Top of Page

Knightfall
Learned Scribe

Canada
148 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  07:36:34  Show Profile  Visit Knightfall's Homepage Send Knightfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW,

Here's a link to that Realmsian Dragonstar thing I mentioned...

http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5894

Go to Top of Page

Knightfall
Learned Scribe

Canada
148 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  07:48:41  Show Profile  Visit Knightfall's Homepage Send Knightfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a list of my favorite places on Toril...

-> Waterdeep and Undermountain
-> Al-Qadim
-> Shadowdale
-> Anauroch
-> Shining South
-> Old Empires
-> Unapproachable East
-> The Hordelands and Kara-Tur
-> Maztica
-> Vilhon Reach
-> Ravens Bluff

Edited by - Knightfall on 23 Apr 2011 07:49:49
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  16:26:59  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. Original Realmslore? Don't miss Ed's threads, or the So Saith Ed compendiums of them. Think of them as six or so hardbound Realms sourcebooks, that just don't happen to exist in print or have tables of contents. Ed has given us literally hundreds of tidbits of lore about the Realms since I dragged him into interacting with the Keep.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Knightfall
Learned Scribe

Canada
148 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  17:40:04  Show Profile  Visit Knightfall's Homepage Send Knightfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Heh. Original Realmslore? Don't miss Ed's threads, or the So Saith Ed compendiums of them. Think of them as six or so hardbound Realms sourcebooks, that just don't happen to exist in print or have tables of contents. Ed has given us literally hundreds of tidbits of lore about the Realms since I dragged him into interacting with the Keep.
love,
THO

Thanks THO,

I've looked at the compendiums (at least I think that's what I was looking at), but I haven't delved into it too much. The formatting was a little tough for me to follow. Are there compiled PDFs somewhere on Candlekeep that I missed?
Go to Top of Page

Knightfall
Learned Scribe

Canada
148 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  05:14:46  Show Profile  Visit Knightfall's Homepage Send Knightfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After a bit of an absence from these forums, I've come back to see what is new here and find out what you all think about WotC's announcement of D&D Next.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  18:00:42  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep! :)

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  16:19:04  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Candlekeep

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Farrel
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
239 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2012 :  14:14:30  Show Profile Send Farrel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!
Go to Top of Page

Knightfall
Learned Scribe

Canada
148 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  16:26:09  Show Profile  Visit Knightfall's Homepage Send Knightfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'll be around to discuss the new version of the Realms as we learn more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000