Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Details on Tyr's ultimate demise?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2013 :  16:08:36  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I crafted an explanation of this which is actually mortal activities that achieved divine significance--basically, the high priests of the faiths seeking to merge their churches, only to come to blows, which was metaphorically depicted among the gods as a love triangle that ended up in a duel to the death.

But of course we don't actually know the canonical explanation.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2013 :  02:49:23  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

I would not say the story was badly written, it was interesting enough, but thanks to its conclusion in Helm's murder I dont think we need Tyr around any longer especially when the new guys are doing a good job.

It's way out of character unless.....it can be explained. Otherwise Tyr's murder of Helm is akin to Bane sacrificing himself to save Lathander from imminent doom.

This a story in there somewhere and someone (Erik Scott De Bie are you listening ? ) needs to tell it.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2013 :  11:33:11  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik's guess does sound interesting and I completely agree that we need a proper novel explaining this.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000