Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 High Dale area question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  19:14:30  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello scribes,

In some forgotten realms product (2nd edition I think) I remember once reading about The Black Mountain or Black Peak somewhere around The High Dale I believe and it makes mention of a dwarf from this mountain and about dwarves fighting drow in the depths. This has been driving me crazy for a few days and I can't seem to locate any reference to it. Would anyone by chance know what product this is in?

Thanks! :)

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  20:07:37  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FR11 Dwarves Deep p.63; but your dwarves-fighting-drow memory is from somewhere else.
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  20:37:56  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tantum

The only reference I can think of is from Dwarves Deep by Ed

Somewhere in the mountains east of Glister, the dwarf Helarn Hammerblood the Younger, of the Black Peak (which rises near The High Dale, in The Thunder Peaks that separate Sembia and Cormyr), slew a white dragon of monstrous size.

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005

Edited by - crazedventurers on 06 Jan 2012 20:38:49
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  21:01:46  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you both. I wouldn't be surprised if I read it in a novel which was referenced from the Dwarves Deep. I could just be crazy too and have something jumbled wrong in the brain. hahah.
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  03:31:59  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a city of drow-fighting dwarves in the Realms Below the Dales called Zanhoriloch (though apparently it's an aboleth city in War of the Spider Queen).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000