Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ultear Milkovich [Mage of Time]
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2011 :  04:48:31  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

From Fairy Tail Wiki:

Ultear Milkovich is a female Mage and a former member of the Grimoire Heart Guild. She was the eldest of the Seven Kin of Purgatory, the strongest team in her guild.

Ultear's branch of specialty is to manipulate the "time" of an object or a living thing but not a human. She can fast forward an object's "time" into the future, making it decay rapidly or rush to attack her opponent. She can even stop an object's "time" by freezing it in midair. She can also rewind a damaged object's "time" to restore it to its original state. She can produce 'bubbles' of time that show the various potential things that the item could do and then pick one of the timelines whenever she wants to. Ultear learnt this magic that was said to defeat molding magic mages to kill her mother, Ur.

To see further details about this character, click here.

------

Is there a wizard or sorcerer in the Realms who can rewind, stop, and fast forward time at will? Or send something back to the past or far into the future? I recall only Karsus, who "plucked" the star, Candlemas, and Sunbright from the past. [And Mask, who sent Vara and her unborn child to the future. But he's no mage. And I guess all gods have that inherent ability.]

Ultear's most powerful casting [so far] involved fast forwarding the time of the Council's Palace, making it decay into dusts.

Every beginning has an end.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2011 :  03:03:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not that I know of... that is, beside what the Chronomancer may have secretly accomplished.

Though, I've worked subtle hints into the background of my Realms of an ancient Imaskari temporal arcanist who bears something of a similarity to Moebius, from the Legacy of Kain universe. He was responsible for the construction of several Imaskarcana that each dealt with a particular facet of manipulating the Temporal Prime.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2011 :  18:55:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never though of the Imaskari being involved in time, since the Chronomancer (who may be the secret 'lord' of Temporal Prime) was Netherease.

However, given their involvement with the Fey - a race I had once thought lived 'backwards' in time (I've dropped that theory) - I suppose it is a possibility. They have mastered planer travel, so why not dabble in time as well?

You also gave me a sneaky idea about the Chronomancer... after all, a 'time lord' should be able to have several aliases in various empires and time periods.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2011 :  20:01:38  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

[And Mask, who sent Vara and her unborn child to the future. But he's no mage. And I guess all gods have that inherent ability.]
Actually, you should read Paul's short story in Realms of War to get the real account of what happened there.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  02:29:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I've never though of the Imaskari being involved in time, since the Chronomancer (who may be the secret 'lord' of Temporal Prime) was Netherease.

However, given their involvement with the Fey - a race I had once thought lived 'backwards' in time (I've dropped that theory) - I suppose it is a possibility. They have mastered planer travel, so why not dabble in time as well?
My thinking was based on more academic grounds... in that, traditionally, the Imaskari have long been involved in dimensional mechanics, so it would only seem like a scholarly evolution for the odd arcanist to develop an interest in manipulating the mechanics of temporal elements for "storage" and such.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  02:37:37  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

quote:

[And Mask, who sent Vara and her unborn child to the future. But he's no mage. And I guess all gods have that inherent ability.]
Actually, you should read Paul's short story in Realms of War to get the real account of what happened there.

I read Continuum not too long ago. I recall no detail that contradicts my previous post. Care to enlighten me?

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  02:50:32  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't recall any reference [novels, sourcebooks, online write-ups] that mentions that the Imaskari dabbled in time magic. But if it were true, then most likely more of the archmages survived their empire's fall, and are now hiding, brewing whatever nefarious agenda they have, or still recuperating from whatever malady that hit them.

In Magic: The Gathering, most planeswalkers [who make use of the Blind Eternities as portals, or hubs, that lead them to different worlds] are also great clockworkers [time-travelers]. So that notion about the Imaskari is quite reasonable.

Go to Top of Page

Huerin Illance
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  03:19:08  Show Profile Send Huerin Illance a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clearly not cannon, but an exploration of the theme.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  03:33:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've removed a post from this thread. Something rather harsh was said about another poster, and it's not going to be tolerated.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  05:58:18  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

And oh! MT, there's no "a" in Netherese.

I thought it's just a typo. But I happened to read several of your threads where you spelled it with an "a." Perhaps that's how you spell it in your homebrew?

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  21:50:50  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

From Fairy Tail Wiki:

Ultear Milkovich is a female Mage and a former member of the Grimoire Heart Guild. She was the eldest of the Seven Kin of Purgatory, the strongest team in her guild.

Ultear's branch of specialty is to manipulate the "time" of an object or a living thing but not a human. She can fast forward an object's "time" into the future, making it decay rapidly or rush to attack her opponent. She can even stop an object's "time" by freezing it in midair. She can also rewind a damaged object's "time" to restore it to its original state. She can produce 'bubbles' of time that show the various potential things that the item could do and then pick one of the timelines whenever she wants to. Ultear learnt this magic that was said to defeat molding magic mages to kill her mother, Ur.

To see further details about this character, click here.

------

Is there a wizard or sorcerer in the Realms who can rewind, stop, and fast forward time at will? Or send something back to the past or far into the future? I recall only Karsus, who "plucked" the star, Candlemas, and Sunbright from the past. [And Mask, who sent Vara and her unborn child to the future. But he's no mage. And I guess all gods have that inherent ability.]

Ultear's most powerful casting [so far] involved fast forwarding the time of the Council's Palace, making it decay into dusts.

The geomancers of Zakhara had some runes that were time oriented that could actually rapidly age those who set them off. They could also use them to view the future, and I believe stop time's flow (ala a timestop type effect). The geomancer's were followers of Grumbar who were both wizards and divine casters and these particular runes were known to only some of the most powerful followers. This was as written for 2nd edition of course, so in 3rd edition, I'd say they're something like mystic theurges who serve Grumbar (throw in something like the skills of a geometer as well as some of the special "symbol oriented" magics found in some of the newer books as special spells for certain initiates, etc...). Make their own special prestige class with maybe runecaster as a requirement or something.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Huerin Illance
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  04:14:16  Show Profile Send Huerin Illance a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think one of the Moderators is deleting my posts because he or she engages in situational ethics and a heavy hand at controlling the information posted on these boards. Anyway, on the thread linked below, a poster, Acolyte Thirteen is playing an Imaskari Chronomancer.

forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14033&whichpage=17
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  04:22:27  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Space and time are closely interconnected, that when an archmage is a master of one, he is also [or eventually would be] a master of the other. Such may be the case with the Imaskari archwizards.

Benders of Reality. That's what I would personally call the mages who can travel through time or manipulate it and who can travel to various places and worlds via portals or powerful, great distance-devouring teleportation magic.

[And Huerin, just a friendly reminder, if I were you, I would refrain from making such comments about the Mods in threads where everyone can see. It would be best to PM the Mod/s concerned. Not taking sides, mind you.]

Edited by - Dennis on 14 Nov 2011 04:34:53
Go to Top of Page

Huerin Illance
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  04:37:34  Show Profile Send Huerin Illance a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No big, Dennis. But the character created by the poster Acolyte Thirteen, Aerik, appears to be moving forwards and backwards in time, is having trouble keeping track of it all, while 'fighting for the future' in the past. I really liked the mention of the Tome of Rogar E'mor, a clever nod to the Chronomancer's Handbook.

I was doing searches on Imaskari when I ran across that thread, and I was really digging the story A13 was telling, until it abruptly ends, after a moderator intervenes. My limited experience indicates that happens a lot here, and your comment really reinforces that. Weird.
Go to Top of Page

Huerin Illance
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  04:44:34  Show Profile Send Huerin Illance a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The story seems to start on page 13 of that thread, not 17.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  04:50:05  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So perhaps we can leave it at that and move on? Or better yet, as I suggested above, contact our esteemed Mods privately.

It happens to be my thread, and I am really interested in what my fellow scribes can contribue about my query, and that includes you. So I wish the topic not be derailed. So far, I appreciate MT and Sage's inputs, as well as yours and some others'.

Aerik's power and predicament sound interesting. If you haven't yet, I recommend you read a couple of Magic: The Gathering novels. Of all the novel lines by WotC, time travel and all matters regarding time magic are the province of MTG.

Edited by - Dennis on 14 Nov 2011 05:10:08
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  05:08:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huerin, with all respect, if you've an issue with the Moderation practices here at Candlekeep, you're free to discuss them with us via private messaging.

Continually bringing them up in a public capacity doesn't really achieve much beyond suggesting to us that you have some kind of agenda that you wish to establish here for the sole purpose of becoming an antagonist.

Now, if you're actually interested in discussing these issues with us, and, perhaps, reaching a level of understanding about how we function here, then I would welcome the opportunity to chat with you privately about them.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  05:14:50  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ultear's power cannot affect humans, and I guess, other intelligent beings, if there are any which are not yet revealed. Does this limitation also apply to Realmsian time-manipulators? I'm not implying that such limation makes Ultear less powerful. Her powers can still kill. [As an example, she can forward the time of the land you're standing on till it turns to dusts and becomes a yawning hole where you shall plunge into your death.] However, it would have saved her a great deal of time [and effort, I guess] if she could instead forward an enemy's "time" till he crumbles to ash, or rewind it till he turns back into fetus.

Go to Top of Page

Huerin Illance
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  05:17:48  Show Profile Send Huerin Illance a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you have issue with both (continually?) or either of my statements regarding moderation on these boards, you are free to contact me via private message. In the mean time, Dennis has asked that posters refrain from off-topic posts in this thread.

Dennis, what impact do you think Chronomancy would have on RSEs, and the collaborative nature of world development in the Realms?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  07:36:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Huerin Illance

If you have issue with both (continually?) or either of my statements regarding moderation on these boards, you are free to contact me via private message. In the mean time, Dennis has asked that posters refrain from off-topic posts in this thread.
I would think Dennis could allow me this small side-bout to further address your apparent [and bizarre] disregard for the matters I raised earlier. He did, after all, ask that you follow the same protocol that I myself later suggested for discussing your problems with Moderation here at Candlekeep.

Now, please, I ask that you ensure that further contributions to this scroll pertain *only* to the topic of the original post.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7973 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  08:50:19  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised that TSR's 2E Chronomancer supplement hasn't been mentioned yet. It - like all other systems I've ever seen for time travel/manipulation in D&D rules, and there are several canon and non-canon variations - imposes considerable limitations on a chronomancer's abilities. In this instance, the limits are manifest through substantial risk of personal harm (or nonexistence) as one travels through the Demiplane of Time Temporal Prime ... longer time periods require more lengthy and distant (and increasingly dangerous) journeys through this plane which eventually become suicidally impossible in any practical context, no matter how epic the chronomancer might be. And then there's further limitations imposed; arriving at the right moment in time does not guarantee one can actually halt or redirect the "temporal momentum" of significant events ... certain things which are not inevitably and irrevocably fated yet are sometimes so deeply engraved in time that changing their course, at any point along time, is beyond even the power and puissance of great deities.

I note that Wizards still offers their Chronomancer errata file, and one section reads:

FORGOTTEN REALMS(R)/Kara-Tur/AL-QADIM(R)/Maztica/MALATRA(TM) campaigns:

Toril has many powerful forces devoted to keeping its history intact. Elminster, Khelben Arunsun, the Seven Sisters, and many other powerful wizards have been granted certain undefined powers from Mystra, goddess of magic, to prevent all chronomantic spells from working in their vicinities. Supernatural or priestly agents of Deneir and Oghma (Toril's gods of history, so to speak) are believed able to follow a chronomancer's trail and undo any damage he has done. Finally, a chronomancer who seriously disrupts history is likely to encounter an avatar of the most directly concerned deity, a meeting which will likely result in the abrupt termination of that chronomancer's life.

Other than this, chronomancers are known to make limited, low-key trips through time in Faerun, Kara-Tur, Zakhara, and Maztica. Native chronomancers are usually devout followers of both a deity of magic (e.g., Mystra) and a deity of time or history (e.g., Deneir or Oghma), serving as historians and information collectors. Elven chronomancers of Labelas Enoreth are possible. Shou Lung, in Kara-Tur, might have a secret, officially approved group of chronomancers, probably Historians, working for the Emperor. Ancient empires such as Netheril, Raurin, Narfell, Raumathar, and Cormanthyr might have known of chronomancy or time travel, though this did not prevent their fall; these empires can be reached only through [Temporal Prime] vortices or by using powerful magical devices or artifacts. Most wizards here refer to Temporal Prime as the Plane or Demiplane of Time.

Incidentally, I've never heard of MALATRA. Though I'm sure it has little to do with chronomancy.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 14 Nov 2011 09:07:27
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  09:44:20  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dennis, what impact do you think Chronomancy would have on RSEs, and the collaborative nature of world development in the Realms?

I actually expressed my thoughts about that in a different thread which I myself made/started. Chronomancy, or time manipulation, could have prevented or undone the damages created by various RSEs, especially the ones that generally sparked fires from the fans. It would either make Toril a better or worse world to live in. Certain restrictions in any magic that involved dabbling with time had been imposed by Mystra . Upon her death, or hiatus [as some have claimed], it was unclear what happened to those restrictions. Perhaps, as one of her contingencies, she had assigned a proxy [an allied deity, most likely, or an unknown Chosen].

Trying to manipulate time to unmake or worsen a certain RSE does not have to be shown as an actual, successful attempt. Again, I would like to cite the Tolarians as examples. They are undisputed masters of clockworking [time manipulation]. Some of them survived the several cataclysms that shook and broke the planes. Some even attempted to undo “parts” of the events that led to the cataclysms. But there seemed to be an “invisible hand” at work that prevented them, or any other clockworker for that matter, from undoing the past. Perhaps it’s an embodiment of Time itself, or Eternity, or of Balance. Whatever it is, it’s been established that no clockworker, no matter how powerful, could ever unmake history---but they could affect it in other ways. In similar terms, chronomancers, or any mages who have the ability to bend time according to their will [at a limited time and space], should have been given a relatively free rein in trying to alter reality. Their interference does not have to undo the past, but should fix ‘some’ damages or worsen them. It appears to me they have been restricted too much, especially when the goddess of magic herself [whom they are powerless against] is hands-on in implementing the restrictions.

Edited by - Dennis on 15 Nov 2011 04:45:26
Go to Top of Page

Huerin Illance
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  17:31:25  Show Profile Send Huerin Illance a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sage, you've only strengthened my views with your last-word tactics. If the Moderators on Candlekeep refuse to follow the Code of Conduct, there is no reason for me to contribute.

Ayrik, I mentioned the use of Chronomancer, or rather, A13 did, above.

Dennis, I'm quite sorry that I'll be unable to continue this conversation, I've found your points compelling across numerous threads.

It's pretty sad that the Moderators here feel so strongly about suppressing the opinions of some, so that their own might shine more brightly.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  17:46:58  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Space and time are closely interconnected, that when an archmage is a master of one, he is also [or eventually would be] a master of the other. Such may be the case with the Imaskari archwizards.

[

Reminded me of a funny quote i once read: "Time exists so everything bad doesn't happen at once, space exists so everythind bad doesn't happen to you.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Tasker Daze
Seeker

84 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  19:24:34  Show Profile Send Tasker Daze a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's pretty sad that the Moderators here feel so strongly about suppressing the opinions of some, so that their own might shine more brightly.

What's pretty sad is tyhat you believe that.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2011 :  00:22:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Sage, you've only strengthened my views with your last-word tactics. If the Moderators on Candlekeep refuse to follow the Code of Conduct, there is no reason for me to contribute.
Strange. When he initially offered us the position, Alaundo cautioned us that should he find that either of us were unable to adhere to the site's Code of Conduct, he'd strip the role of Moderator here at Candlekeep, from us.

The fact that he has yet to do so speaks volumes about the legitimacy of your views.
quote:
Again, I find this strange. The majority of scribes here at Candlekeep have often said quite the opposite with regard to our Moderation practices.

Really, what is sad here, is your apparent and compulsive need to always play the "innocent victim" of the "evil moderators" while clearly disregarding the respect of other scribes who have asked you to discontinue such tactics.

Edited by - The Sage on 15 Nov 2011 00:26:49
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2011 :  03:09:55  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Strange. When he initially offered us the position, Alaundo cautioned us that should he find that either of us were unable to adhere to the site's Code of Conduct, he'd strip the role of Moderator here at Candlekeep, from us.

The fact that he has yet to do so speaks volumes about the legitimacy of your views.
quote:
Again, I find this strange. The majority of scribes here at Candlekeep have often said quite the opposite with regard to our Moderation practices.

Really, what is sad here, is your apparent and compulsive need to always play the "innocent victim" of the "evil moderators" while clearly disregarding the respect of other scribes who have asked you to discontinue such tactics.

I don't think the moderators are Evil, chaotic maybe

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2011 :  04:42:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Time is a tricky thing, and I would think most gods (all but Chaotic Evil) would try to put a stop to someone attempting to change the past, since it could lead to making great changes to them personally (going back to the 'gods are what we make of them' theory). It could even 'erase' a god from time - many of them are ascended mortals, and you could theoretically kill them as a child and end their godhood before it even began.

quote:

And oh! MT, there's no "a" in Netherese.

I thought it's just a typo. But I happened to read several of your threads where you spelled it with an "a." Perhaps that's how you spell it in your homebrew?
I did not misspell Netherese on-purpose - obviously my lack of interest in the Shades has left me with a severe case of "don't give a damn" when it comes to even learning how to spell it correctly.

quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Incidentally, I've never heard of MALATRA. Though I'm sure it has little to do with chronomancy.
Malatra is the little-known SIXTH official setting (NOT counting Realmspace) that is on Abeir-Toril - officially referred to as The Living Jungle campaign, and was run by the RPGA (along with the Living City campaign, which took place inside of Faerun-proper).

Malatra is located just south of Kara-Tur, and is similar in feel to South-East Asia. Further south are located more Indianesque cultures, in the region I have dubbed Jambu Dweepam, which is a RW name for ancient India. You can see the region on This Map - although Malatra is technically everything south of Kara-Tur proper, the region of the Living Jungle campaign was the high plateau located between Dweepam (on my map) and Fengnao. It is an extremely primitive region, and completely isolated from the rest of the world.

It was poorly located in the FRIA - the area they squeezed it into was about ten times too small for the RPGA campaign's official map. My map adapts the Living Jungle map to the sub-continent, which is a perfect fit (and violates no official canon).

We now return you to our normally scheduled thread.......

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 15 Nov 2011 04:51:41
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2011 :  04:51:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Assuming a rare moment of seriousness, I should also like to add that we mods often discuss things before taking any action. Only in rare circumstances is unilateral action taken, and it's always discussed afterwards -- usually including the exact quotes removed, if that's what happened.

I personally had issues with bad moderation on a couple of other forums, and I try very hard to not do the same things that irked me elsewhere. I may avoid being serious as much as possible (my wife complains about that, sometimes! ), but I do take my role as a moderator very seriously.

The times that someone has disagreed with my moderation, I have invited them to discuss it with Big Al, the Sage, or both. If someone has a legitimate beef with me, I'm happy to let them take it over my head -- we all make mistakes, and sometimes it takes someone else pointing this out to realize this.

That said, what I removed from this discussion was very much out of line.

And if I was so obsessed with controlling information, as has been stated, I'd not have left links in place to specific pages, or the specific quotes on those pages.

I should also like to point out that I have not only left many opinions I disagreed with unchallenged, I've even defended the rights of scribes to post those opinions. Whether or not I disagree with someone is irrelevant, as long as the rules are followed.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2011 :  04:53:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

We now return you to our normally scheduled thread.......

Apologies; I was posting while you did and missed this.

I agree, though, it's time to return to the topic at hand. Other discussions are best taken elsewhere.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2011 :  05:08:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Time is a tricky thing, and I would think most gods (all but Chaotic Evil) would try to put a stop to someone attempting to change the past, since it could lead to making great changes to them personally (going back to the 'gods are what we make of them' theory). It could even 'erase' a god from time - many of them are ascended mortals, and you could theoretically kill them as a child and end their godhood before it even began.
Ao is supposedly a timeless entity -- or, perhaps, he/she/it is a concept that exists beyond the interpretation of the Temporal Prime in Realmspace.

Regardless, I think that Ao would be inclined to step in should a scenario such as "erasing a god from time" come about in the Realms.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000