Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What happened to Entropy & Entropy's Daughters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2011 :  21:35:52  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I recently started relooking at the 4e stuff after reading the last few books on the Order of the Griffon (since I like Aoth). I went back to see what had actually happened to Entropy, because I was surprised to see a non-insane Karanok heading up Chessenta (and being heroic at that).
To say I'm non-plussed at what they did in the campaign setting goes without saying (not the novel, it was well done with what it had to work with), because they basically took all of that out and made it just some sphere of annihilation that they labeled the "crown jewel of chessenta".
What are your feelings about what exactly happened? I mean, it seemed to me that the plot device was going that Tiamat had started working with Entropy. I would have thought Entropy was an Umbral Blot (from epic book) with possibly some enhancements from having swallowed a god in the past. The "daughters" could have been standard spheres of annihilation, but maybe they were actually new Umbral Blots. It did seem kind of weird to me though that it was Tiamat working through them. I definitely would have seen it more if it were say Talos or Shar.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2011 :  00:13:33  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Entropy's fate is detailed further in Backdrop: Chessenta - http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drback/20100520 Suffice it to say, Entropy is far from a mere sphere of annihilation

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2011 :  02:32:45  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I prefer the concept of Tchazzar ruling over Chessenta loosely (and the city states although "unified" under him still feud and war with each other). I want Chessenta to parallel ancient Greece to some extent... Maybe I would change my mind if I read the novels with this God Swallower.

What happened to Tchazzar?
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2011 :  22:25:47  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Entropy's fate is detailed further in Backdrop: Chessenta - http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drback/20100520 Suffice it to say, Entropy is far from a mere sphere of annihilation

Aww man. I don't subscribe to Insider since I don't play 4E. I wish I could read it.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000