Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Dungeon Adventures in the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Varl
Learned Scribe

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2011 :  03:33:14  Show Profile Send Varl a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone ever find or compile a list of the known Dungeon magazine adventures with their personal interpretations on where each adventure was placed? I'm just about to start locating all of these (a substantial task, let me tell ya), but if something like this already exists in some form or another, I'd rather not reinvent (or relocate) each one if someone that's more Realms knowledgeable has taken this initiative. If not, I'll see ya in a few weeks with my decisions, if this site would be interested in such a document. Thanks.

I know a lot of the adventures in Dungeon magazine are generic, and can be placed anywhere, but I'm still curious if anyone has ever placed them in their Realms.

I'm on a permanent vacation to the soul. -Tash Sultana

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2011 :  04:05:41  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nymph's reward is outside Semberholme.

There is a adventure that takes place
in the Netherese ruin of Blister, which is
near Tilverton.

There's one where a ghost and a banshee haunt a tower between
2 and 5 miles south of Myth Drannor. (this might be named
Til Death Do us Part. I'll come back with the real name
sometime.)

If I come up with any others, Ill let you know.

Edited by - althen artren on 09 Oct 2011 04:06:51
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2011 :  05:05:46  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Varl

Anyone ever find or compile a list of the known Dungeon magazine adventures with their personal interpretations on where each adventure was placed? I'm just about to start locating all of these (a substantial task, let me tell ya), but if something like this already exists in some form or another, I'd rather not reinvent (or relocate) each one if someone that's more Realms knowledgeable has taken this initiative. If not, I'll see ya in a few weeks with my decisions, if this site would be interested in such a document. Thanks.

I know a lot of the adventures in Dungeon magazine are generic, and can be placed anywhere, but I'm still curious if anyone has ever placed them in their Realms.

I have a "sorta kinda" answer for you. Someone made a Forgotten Realms-specific bibliography of every single article, sourcebook, what have you, and put it online. Adventures in Dungeon magazine are included under the "articles" heading, but with a page-search on your browser you could probably find what you want pretty quickly. Even if it's not exactly what you're looking for, it's a starting point: Link Here.

Click on articles to start.

There's something similar HERE just for Dragon Magazine. It's not adventures, specifically, but a really nice index. Hosted at the same server, apparently, it might also be useful as a starting point for you, if you want to include some of that.

Caveat: neither one contains 4E adventures.

Anyway, good luck, sounds fun!

Edit: oh yeah, if you're also interested in Living Forgotten Realms adventures, there's a nice description of them HERE at that website, last updated around February 2010. Not sure if you're wanting to include those, but some of them are quite nice.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!

Edited by - Therise on 09 Oct 2011 05:11:49
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2011 :  05:09:55  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And HERE is an index of all of the Dungeon adventures.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2011 :  05:13:20  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

Woot! *ferrets away another awesome info link**

Wow, that thing is a dream... you can search it by setting, edition, level...! NICE.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!

Edited by - Therise on 09 Oct 2011 05:15:35
Go to Top of Page

Varl
Learned Scribe

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2011 :  17:23:10  Show Profile Send Varl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Hawkins and Therise. I think that Dungeon index page is a great place to start, at least for the Realms adventures listed there means less work.

I'm on a permanent vacation to the soul. -Tash Sultana
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2015 :  16:57:51  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

I checked, and the above link is dead. However, I found a very similar tool (or the same tool ported somewhere else) here. It only goes through 2000 though.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 26 Aug 2015 17:00:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000