Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Compiled LFR lore?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2011 :  06:52:42  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there a place, or has anyone here, compiled all the FR Lore into an easy to read reference file concerning all the events in the LFR adventures? That'd really come in handy rather than DLing each one and sifting through it piece by piece.

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2011 :  13:19:52  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I only wish......

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2011 :  03:30:47  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Light

I only wish......

I figured someone may have done it, if anyone, it'd have been someone here. Surprised no one has. I guess I'll have to download all of them and read through them all and gather what I can. If I ever finish it I'll be sure to have the compilation here in some easy-to-reference format.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2011 :  05:06:16  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LFR is not canon anymore....

and no, not to my limited knoweldge

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2011 :  14:10:21  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a good 2 years of canon LFR information. If I had the time, I would love to compile it. There will be a section on the Loremaster FR Wiki for it. I hope to encourage others to help build it up.
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  01:40:17  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

LFR is not canon anymore....

and no, not to my limited knoweldge

Sorry to get back so late on this but...holy crap, really!? So FR lore is extremely limited in 4e for sure now. I always thought at least the LFR games would at least give a minimal amount instead of relying on sketchy novels, one 4e FR product every 1-2 years, and minute tidbits in Dungeon Magazine.

MATT JAMES - A compilation would be great if anyone had the time, for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  05:42:12  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haha, there's a lot more than just 2 years. The L-Archive stretches all the way back to 2003, and provides tantalizing links to a variety of usenet archives which apparently preceded it by a decade or more.

As it turns out, I have followed and collected all the pages and links in Realms-L* (through a lot of unattended automation). And I have personally managed to sort out approximately 2GB (ie: maybe ~5%) of the total mess. I would estimate, based on my rate of past progress, that sorting the entire archive will take several years (assuming I can sustain the effort). Unfortunately and unavoidably, my own personal priorities and editorial bias determine how the content is judged and sorted. I'm surprisingly methodical, efficient, accurate, and intuitive in sorting data (it's what I used to do for a living) ... but still, my final summary will be flavoured by subjective interests and some data will invariably be "lost" or "warped" out of their original intended context.

* Well, actually like 0.9995 of the links/pages. There's still always a handful of cantankerous old links or webservers which never seem to be online, although the number slowly but inexorably approaches unity as my tireless code (and intermittent refinements to it) manages to catch their elusive contents at opportune and unaware moments.

It most certainly is not canon, most of it is just the speculations and arguments and quoted rules and homebrewed musings of idle scribes (much like Candlekeep...), and most of it is very dated or has been outright contradicted by subsequent developments in canon. Yet digging through the dirty mountain of coal sometimes unearths some real gems, and many of the designers/authors who wrote the canon (some of whom sometimes still dwell at Candlekeep) have made contributions and admissions that reveal intentions which never did (and never will) come to pass in the Realms. There is no finer source of 1E- and 2E-era lore available. May Tymora's blessings help you find something you need.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 27 Dec 2011 06:24:30
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  06:35:26  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ye might do well to refer to Alaundo's extensive libraries, scattered around Candlekeep's homepage.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Cronje
Seeker

56 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  11:48:16  Show Profile Send Cronje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a list somewhere of which LFR adventures are considered canon?
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  13:02:06  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The LFR adventures up until around November 2010 were canon. I'll see what I can find out and get something more definitive for you guys.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000