Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Let's fix Wikipedia
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2011 :  00:48:53  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Dear fellow scribes:

I was perusing Wikipedia when I discovered that the article on the Seven Sisters is missing a great deal of information. Wishing I had more time than I do only gets me so far. Thus, I hope that we might, as a community, bring the articles on our favorite Realms topic up to date using the Wikipedia guidelines.

A brief example: I'm almost certain that Storm is called Astorma in one of the novels, but I can't find the page. Also, I believe Laeral had a second child with Khelben, noted in The Blackstaff at the end, but perhaps I'm misremembering.

Since most people do not have access to the marvels of Candlekeep due to ignorance, perchance we can bring the magnificence of the Keep to the masses by correcting/updating Wikipedia?

Suggestions are always welcome, as would be a running track of what people update listed here.

Cheers!

(And thanks to the mods for putting this where it belongs!)

Azuth, the First Magister
Lord of All Spells

The greatest expression of creativity is through Art.
Offense can never be given, only taken.

Edited by - Azuth on 07 Sep 2011 02:14:18

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2011 :  02:34:32  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Wiki on Loremaster that is being prepped just for Realms content. I've asked Erik Scott de Bie, Brian R. James, and Brian Cortijo (and others) to help out. I'll soon have an incentive for helping to populate the Wiki.

http://www.loremaster.org/showwiki.php?title=Forgotten+Realms+Wiki:Grand+History+of+the+Realms
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2011 :  02:42:49  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
just ignore my pathfidner monster there......

its bad just bad....

I wonder how many of us actually have all that knowledge on the seven sisters...

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2011 :  04:01:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

I have a Wiki on Loremaster that is being prepped just for Realms content. I've asked Erik Scott de Bie, Brian R. James, and Brian Cortijo (and others) to help out. I'll soon have an incentive for helping to populate the Wiki.

http://www.loremaster.org/showwiki.php?title=Forgotten+Realms+Wiki:Grand+History+of+the+Realms

I suppose it should go without my saying... but if you're looking for an extra set of grubby paws, I'd be inclined to assist as well.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2011 :  05:51:56  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm always happy to have your help in any endeavour, Sage!

The first place I'd like to start is, as I mentioned, the Seven Sisters article here:

The parenthetical aspect is a part of the URL, but the Candlekeep site will not let me correct it for some reason. It should look like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Sisters_(Forgotten_Realms)so I'd suggest copying and pasting the link versus clicking as that won't resolve. (any help, Sage or Wooly?)
Anyway, if we can get that page updated, I'd be pleased as...Lliira on any given day.

Cheers!

Azuth, the First Magister
Lord of All Spells

The greatest expression of creativity is through Art.
Offense can never be given, only taken.
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2011 :  08:30:28  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In fact FR Wikipedia needs a LOT of fixing I use to sail across it and I get angry of it's lack of information and bad writings....

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2011 :  12:24:12  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius

In fact FR Wikipedia needs a LOT of fixing I use to sail across it and I get angry of it's lack of information and bad writings....

Yes, this is apparent even to noobs like myself. Lots of holes there. I just don't know enough to help fill them adequately.

Edited by - Yoss on 07 Sep 2011 12:24:37
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2011 :  13:31:21  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage, of course! In fact, I had planned to prep a bit before asking the noble people here at CK. My intent is to give away free FR sourcebooks (all eras) to the top contributors each month.

So go forth, head over to Loremaster.org, and start populating it. My goal is simple--I want it to serve as the authority on FR content. By having active members of the community, as well as current FR content designers/developers, it should turn out great.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2011 :  13:56:35  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I did edit some FR Wiki entries relating to the Shadovar sometime in the past, but it was not as detailed as I wanted to be. And I haven't gotten back to it since then. When laziness crept in, I could hardly move a muscle.

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 07 Sep 2011 13:57:47
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000