Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Upcoming FR Support in Dungeon Magazine
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2011 :  02:15:34  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
From today's Dungeon Magazine Sneak Peak:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Perkins
Upcoming Themes: In addition to revisiting some D&D classics, we have all-new adventures that support a number of upcoming issue themes. October is Kara-Tur month, and we have a compelling adventure with assassins galore called “The Five Deadly Shadows,” accompanied by articles describing a Shou town in Marsember(in the Forgotten Realms) and a Shou village in Kara-Tur. Other themes include “touch of evil,” “skullduggery,” and “gods & primordials,” and to support them we have adventures such as “Zhentarim Forever” (for evil-curious adventurers), “For the Xanathar” (set in the pirate city of Skullport), and “Drums of Thunder” (an epic elemental romp pitting the heroes against powerful primordial titans).

D&D Encounters Extensions: We also have several fun low-level adventures planned, including a couple of extensions to upcoming D&D Encounters seasons. Our next one is a mystery set in Neverwinter called “That Which Never Sleeps,” which follows hot on the heels of The Lost Crown of Neverwinter season and pits the heroes against a monstrous aboleth that’s driving the citizens of Neverwinter mad.

Campaign Setting Support: In addition to our monthly “Eye on . . .” columns by Ed Greenwood, Keith Baker, and Rodney Thompson, we have meatier articles and adventures planned for some of our most popular campaign settings. In addition to Forgotten Realms adventures, we have Moonshae and Skullport mini-campaign guides and articles exploring Suzail and the royal court of Cormyr. Work has begun on an Eberron adventure called “Dead for a Spell,” which begins with a murder in Sharn and places the heroes at the heart of a conspiracy with roots tracing back to the Last War and implications that could shatter the Treaty of Thronehold and ignite tensions across the Five Nations. Meanwhile, fans of Dark Sun can look forward to “The Tsalaxa Vendetta,” which pits heroes against the most ruthless merchant house in Draj.
This is just an excerpt. I've added italics on a bunch of FR stuff, underlining the Cormyr stuff (whee!).

I wonder who they got to write all this stuff...

*happydance*

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2011 :  04:38:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

It's good to be the king, eh?

This looks to be a grand amount of Realmslore. And Kara-Tur love... that's a hoot! I'm especially intrigued by these mini-campaign guides too.

Congratulations, Brian.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2011 :  04:53:41  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

It's good to be the king, eh?

This looks to be a grand amount of Realmslore. And Kara-Tur love... that's a hoot! I'm especially intrigued by these mini-campaign guides too.

Congratulations, Brian.
Oh, I don't mean to suggest that I wrote all, or even any, of the pieces above. Just showing off that there is, in fact, a good bit of Realms-rich content coming in the magazines over the next little while, and I'm quite happy about it.

Now, that's not to say that I'm not writing anything, either. I couldn't discuss that if I would. Just sharing what's been posted over at the WotC site, is all...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000