Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Daedra Lord From The Elder Scrolls Into FR
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2012 :  23:34:07  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Yeah, and...?

@ Sage: I went through the book again, and you were right. However, I never DID find any reference to bathrooms. There are plenty of readouts and descriptions of uniforms, equipment, ship storage and crew compartments, etc ad nauseum....

The point is that females aren't typically called by the title "prince." Was that unclear?

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2012 :  23:34:38  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They probably use naval terms, toilets onboard ship are called heads or water closets.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  00:41:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, and...?

@ Sage: I went through the book again, and you were right. However, I never DID find any reference to bathrooms. There are plenty of readouts and descriptions of uniforms, equipment, ship storage and crew compartments, etc ad nauseum....

You'll have to refresh my memory, Alystra, about which book you were going through?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Imp
Learned Scribe

231 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  01:56:19  Show Profile Send Imp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478Half of these are actually female daedra princesses

Daedra can appear female or male, but they have no gender. They are called Princes in general.

Edited by - Imp on 21 Jan 2012 01:57:15
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2012 :  14:48:40  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sheogorath the prince of madness. I would love to see what sort of mischief he gets up to in the realms. Muhahahahahahhaha Cough, cough ahahahhahahah
Sorry i couldn't help it.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  06:53:23  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, so they all have communicators (with GPS capabilities) built into their chest-pins. They also have the technology to move any sort of matter to any other place, instantaneously.

They need bathrooms, why, exactly?

I think Kirk may have sent more then Tribbles over to that Klingon ship.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  23:08:27  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Yeah, and...?

You'll have to refresh my memory, Alystra, about which book you were going through?

The Starfleet Technical Manual- (for Star Trek 25th anniversary) it's copyrighted 1986, and the Enterprise is still listed as Heavy Cruiser Class (Constitution class) and is only labeled 1701, with no letter behind it. It mentions water closets in the staterooms, but doesn't mention how many of thosethere are- state rooms are mainly for guests or non-crew passengers, aren't they? Does that mean that crew members would have to know on the door of some visiting alien to use the facilities? Still seems inconvenient. And then there's that comment by Johnathan Frakes during a behind-the-scenes show where he pointed out the location of the supposed single bathroom on the TNG Enterprise. This was early in the series, IIRC, before any of the TNG movies.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  01:39:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, and...?

The Starfleet Technical Manual- (for Star Trek 25th anniversary) it's copyrighted 1986, and the Enterprise is still listed as Heavy Cruiser Class (Constitution class) and is only labeled 1701, with no letter behind it. It mentions water closets in the staterooms, but doesn't mention how many of thosethere are- state rooms are mainly for guests or non-crew passengers, aren't they?
Yes, and those Starfleet dignitaries and/or special personnel on board for a particular mission. I think one of the old TOS novels mentioned that. Or it could have been one of the TOS movie novelisations. Hmmm.
quote:
Does that mean that crew members would have to know on the door of some visiting alien to use the facilities? Still seems inconvenient. And then there's that comment by Johnathan Frakes during a behind-the-scenes show where he pointed out the location of the supposed single bathroom on the TNG Enterprise. This was early in the series, IIRC, before any of the TNG movies.

I remember that. It was from the television special aired just before the end of the TNG series.

Anyways, I was referring to the content of The Next Generation Technical Manual, which identifies the toilets on board the Enterprise-D.

Go to Top of Page

infoleather
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2012 :  06:27:27  Show Profile  Visit infoleather's Homepage Send infoleather a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Import a lot of people because of some kind of exception class plane might be fun.

When you good collection of Slim Fit Black Leather Blazer Jackets it gives you confidence to attend to every occasion and cwmalls.com helps to dress up in the best possible way. Black Leather Motorcycle Jackets For Women is the best fashion for the forthcoming year.
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2012 :  09:42:53  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, so you got the updated version. Kk. Sadly, I've never seen that one.

And am I the only one who would love to make black soul gems out of a few Zhents? Or loose a Golden Saint or three on the Red Wizards?

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
499 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2012 :  18:20:11  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for Malacath since I don't know if there's a Faerunian deity (at least) or a fiend with worshippers whose portfolio deals with outcasts. I know Ghaunadaur and Fenmarel Mestarine have a lot to deal with outcasts, but that's about it to my knowledge.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  12:56:16  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sithis=Shar

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  18:10:46  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kno

Sithis=Shar

Is Sithis a daedric prince?

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  21:20:14  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, he is not. He's one of the original entities in Nirn, alongside Auriel who is part of Anu the Everything, which is in direct opposition to Sithis/Padomay.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2012 :  02:18:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entreri3478

quote:
Originally posted by Kno

Sithis=Shar

Is Sithis a daedric prince?

Sithis is neither Aedra or Daedra, as I recall. In fact, he's said to have been a primordial entity that existed long before either the Aedra or Daedra.

Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  22:03:32  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sheogorath all the way, his ways and his realm are most interesting and he has my vote!

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  22:15:16  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All pale in comparison to Sithis.

The driving force in the multiverse is evil, for it forces good to act.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  22:20:11  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, but Sithis is not Daedric of course.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  22:31:55  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only shows that this thread is flawed!

The driving force in the multiverse is evil, for it forces good to act.
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  23:31:06  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted Shegorath because, well, he's Shegorath. His cult would be one of madness and eccentricity.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  02:35:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alruane

Sithis is neither Aedra or Daedra, as I recall. In fact, he's said to have been a primordial entity that existed long before either the Aedra or Daedra.

Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  06:46:59  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yes, this is true. He was always a being of existance. He was the darkness, just a void. There was no TRUE explanation of what Sithis was, just what they BELIEVED him to look like. Or what he truly was.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  06:48:37  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

I voted Shegorath because, well, he's Shegorath. His cult would be one of madness and eccentricity.

My thoughts exactly, I enjoyed his personality and the way he ruled his realm.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  11:45:31  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Agreed. Plus I think his quest was the most fun out of all the Daderic quests in Skyrim.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  11:52:38  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

quote:

quote:

Agreed. Plus I think his quest was the most fun out of all the Daderic quests in Skyrim.

Indeed! The whole expansion for Oblivion was remarkably done, and his realm was very beautiful. If not disturbing at times. Haha

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

PattPlays
Senior Scribe

469 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2020 :  06:44:28  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
....dropping this here.

https://thefirmamentblog.wordpress.com/

had an amazing time playing in Tamriel. We also used I'mFromNasa's Skill Trees homebrew alongside it. I have some great stories from my Imperial City noble human fighter and going incognito in the south-east with a party to persuade rebels to go home to their families. I also found and left hidden an entire army of Ayleid constructs or something..

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, Long Live Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2020 :  20:38:38  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rezzed after 7 years, nice! So it may have been this poll from years ago that got me thinking and ended with incorporating the daedra into my homebrew. I use them as another race (similar to fiends/celestials). What makes them different is their alignments are static, they change either with time or through some special occurrence and, in Molag-Bal's case, he can alter it at will. One aspect always remains the same (Molag-Bal is always evil, for instance), but the other axis changes. This gives them a unique place in my cosmology without simply making them another 'fiendish' race (and some of them aren't actually evil, such as Meridia). The aedra are also included but are the same race and fall under the general race of daedra. By the way, although they can be worshipped similar to arch-devils and demon princes, they are not deities in my game.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2020 :  01:18:09  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Meridia was among the patron daedra of the Ayleids, one of her most famous followers being Umaril the Unfeathered. She thinks that free will is a nuisance. Meridia is absolutely evil, players just think she's nice because she hates the undead. Chances are she hates them not because they're undead, but because they're associated with Molag Bal, who is theorized to be her ex. ESO does a wonderful job overturning player preconceptions - Sheogorath is every bit the monster he's supposed to be, Nocturnal pulls off the greatest con in history, and Meridia is a dogmatic zealot.

I think players just got to attached to crazy funhouse Uncle Sheo, to be honest. The cracks appear when you realize that he created a localized apocalypse simply to destroy a peaceful, friendly community just for fun.

The line between Aedra and Daedra is a blurred one - the Khajiti patron deity is Azura, the Reachmen pantheon is staffed by Daedra, Hermaeus Mora is part of the Nord pantheon, the Dunmeri pantheon is purely Daedric and so forth. You can absolutely be a god without being an Aedra, like Mannimarco. You also have things like Molag Bal and the King of Worms screwing with Arkay - Bal created the first vampire via raping an Arkayan priestess, while Mannimarco founded modern necromancy and lifted it from religious voodoo into an actual magical field of study, reinvented lichdom, and then became the god of necromancy, his divine body nullifying Arkay's laws against necromancy and undead.

The closest example would be if Velsharoon nullified Kelemvor's deific laws against the creation of undead, even in his own holy grounds, as part of a naturally-occurring cosmic phenomenon while all Kel can do is shake his fist and pout.

Edited by - LordofBones on 20 Nov 2020 01:25:17
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2020 :  03:53:12  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AZURA, whose sphere is dawn and dusk and twilight, the magic in-between realms, prophecy and fate, magic and mystery, vanity and egotism
Domains: Destiny, Divination, Fate, Magic, Moon, Night, Oracle, Protection, Pride, Radiance, Spell, Travel

BOETHIAH, whose sphere is plots and conspiracies, assassination and treason, deceit and the unlawful overthrow of authority
Domains: Beguilement, Chaos, Death, Evil, Luck, Planning, Strength, Trickery, War

CLAVICUS VILE, whose sphere is the granting of power through trades and pacts, promises and wishes
Domains: Beguilement, Commerce, Evil, Greed, Law, Pact, Planning, Trade, Trickery, Wealth

HERMAEUS MORA, whose sphere is forbidden knowledge and the scrying of the tides of Fate, of the past and future as read in the stars and heavens, and in whose dominion are the treasures of knowledge and memory
Domains: Destiny, Divination, Fate, Knowledge, Mentalism, Mind, Oracle, Rune, Time

HIRCINE, whose sphere is the hunt and the sport, the thrill of the chase and the greatest game
Domains: Animal, Beastmaster, Bestial, Celerity, Chaos, Competition, Fury, Hunt, Strength

JYGGALAG, whose sphere is we don't talk about him

MALACATH, whose sphere is the patronage of the spurned and ostracized, the keeper of the Sworn Oath, and the Bloody Curse, and conflict, battle, broken promises, and anguish
Domains: Chaos, Envy, Hatred, Orc, Protection, Retribution, Spite, Strength, Suffering, War, Wrath

MEHRUNES DAGON, whose sphere is destruction and change, revolution and natural disasters, energy and ambition
Domains: Chaos, Destruction, Earth, Envy, Evil, Fire, Fury, Planning, Renewal, Storm, Strength, Wrath

MEPHALA, whose sphere is obscured to mortals, whose only consistent theme seems to be interference in the affairs of mortals for her amusement
Domains: Death, Evil, Planning, Spider, Seduction, Temptation, Trickery

MERIDIA, whose sphere is the energies of living beings
Domains: Evil, Glory, Greed, Law, Life, Purification, Radiance, Sun

MOLAG BAL, whose sphere is whose sphere is the domination and enslavement of mortals; whose desire is to harvest the souls of mortals and to bring mortals' souls within his sway by spreading seeds of strife and discord in the mortal realms
DOMAINS: Corruption, Domination, Envy, Evil, Hatred, Law, Planning, Pride, Strength, Tyranny, Undeath

NAMIRA, whose sphere is the Ancient Darkness, of sundry dark and shadowy spirits; associated with spiders, insects, slugs, and other repulsive creatures which inspire mortals with an instinctive revulsion
Domains: Corruption, Darkness, Decay, Evil, Ooze, Slime, Spider, Spirit

NOCTURNAL, whose sphere is the night and darkness
Domains: Chaos, Darkness, Luck, Night, Planning, Shadow, Trickery

PERYITE, whose sphere is the ordering of the lower rungs of Oblivion, pestilence and the natural order
Domains Balance, Blightbringer, Decay, Dragon, Law, Pestilence, Planning, Protection, Suffering

SANGUINE, whose sphere is hedonistic revelry, debauchery, wild orgies, and passionate indulgences of darker natures
Domains: Beguilement, Chaos, Charm, Joy, Lust, Passion, Pleasure, Seduction, Temptation, Trickery

SHEOGORATH, whose sphere is Madness, and whose motives are unknowable
Domains: Beguilement, Chaos, Charm, Evil, Illusion, Madness, Trickery

VAERMINA, whose sphere is the realm of dreams and nightmares, and from whose realm evil omens issue forth
Domains: Beguilement, Dream, Evil, Magic, Mind, Oracle, Pain, Suffering

Edited by - LordofBones on 21 Nov 2020 03:55:22
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2020 :  18:31:08  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Meridia was among the patron daedra of the Ayleids, one of her most famous followers being Umaril the Unfeathered. She thinks that free will is a nuisance. Meridia is absolutely evil, players just think she's nice because she hates the undead. Chances are she hates them not because they're undead, but because they're associated with Molag Bal, who is theorized to be her ex. ESO does a wonderful job overturning player preconceptions - Sheogorath is every bit the monster he's supposed to be, Nocturnal pulls off the greatest con in history, and Meridia is a dogmatic zealot.

Meridia is a bit more complex. Yes, in ESO itself, her darkside is shown, especially via her hatred of free will, and how it manifests (ie her purification). But Meridia helps to save Nirn more than once, and even helps the Vestige, when it (seemingly) gave her no benefit. Meridia' support of Ayleids, might in part because of the fact they worshiped her, as well as the fact Pelinal was committing a genocide in his war against them literally not just killing, but erasing fro existence whole populations (essentially, an anathema to what she represents). All along the way (wnon-combatants, children whole settlements), even being murderous towards all elves, and related peoples, like Khajiit. As well, as the fact Umaril might be a son of the conjoined Akatosh-Lorkhan from before the current Kalpa (ie it's stated Umaril's father is a "god from previous kalpa", and in the "The Song of Pelinal" Pelinal screams to Aka(tosh) that the two of them (Lorkhan/Pelial and Akatosh) "made" Umaril).

Meridia "ex" (and maybe not entirelly ex) is also not really implied to be not Molag Bal, but Lorkhan.

The "illicit spectra" she consorted with, is implied to be also Lorkhan (possibly as the Void Ghost).

In semi-canon lore, a Magna-Ge form/aspect of Lorkhan - the Scarab-Framer (ie a variation of title of Lorkhan from the 36 Lessons of Vivec, sermon 10, - Scarab, the Frame-Maker, as well even the Scarab-Framer's description implying he an incarnation of Lorkhan), is/was part of Merid-Nunda's court, and very close ally:
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/magne-ge-pantheon

The text also makes clear Merid-Nunda was one of the most benevolent of the Magna-Ge, if also implying Meridia as Merid-Nunda was different compared to her current self.

And about the "not entirelly ex part" with Lorkhan...is as it's meant to implied Meridia and Kynareth/Kyne, are to some level the same being (if might be a Jygglag-Sheogorath, Aka-Lorkhan situation), as stated by Michael Kirkbride, when he wrote the Knights of Nine:
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/michael-kirkbride-irc-qa-sessions
quote:
What no one has ever seen is the connection between Meridia and Kyne. Let that sink in. What do they-- when connected-- both govern?

Think about KotN. One made the Knight, one opposed the Knight. One rained forever because he was gone. One said, no I will wait until he comes back.

There are also other connections between the two - both being connected to life, both connected to Lorkhan, both being presented as winged.

(And Meridia and Kyne/Kynareth are not the only ones who present such connection between Aedroth and Daedric Prince of "non-Daedric" origin - there is also Malacath's connection to Arkay and maybe even Zenithar)

It's also implied the the Magna-Ge allied with Meridia, are the ones that "made" Pelinal (the "Star-made" knight), or at least his body, further showing Meridia somewhat schizophrenic attitude towards Lorkhan.

What I mean - is Meridia among the many "evil" Daedric Princes? Very probably, but I think she has in part at least good intentions...but as it's stated "hell is paved with good intentions", and she shows the horrors of zealotry.

Edited by - Baltas on 22 Nov 2020 00:19:04
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000