Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Why don't they go up?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2011 :  04:56:04  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Why don't edited posts make the threads they're in go up? It's a bit of a hustle since I have to copy and edit the original post, post it, then delete the original...Mods? Is there something wrong? I believe we didn't have this problem before. Fellow scribes, do you experience the same? Or is this an isolated case?

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 16 Jun 2011 04:58:08

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2011 :  05:27:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure I follow.

If you're only editing your post, then the Forum Table usually records that edit. But if you're deleting your post, then the Forum Table registers the last post made before you removed your own last post in a particular scroll.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2011 :  06:20:57  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

In terms of pushing the thread to the top of the list, "Edit" functions like "New Post," right? For example, just recently, I edited my last post in "Why don't they seize Skullport?" which was five days ago. The thread remained in the second page of General FR Chat. Before, if I edited my posts, the thread where those posts were automatically jumped to the first on the list.

Another example, in this Site Content Section, the current order of threads are the ff:

Why don't they go up?
Spaming on Candlekeep? Oh noes!
How the rank goes?
Missing the obvious...
Gun shy for posting

So, if I would edit one of my posts in "Gun shy for posting," the said thread should automatically be above "Why don't they go up?", becoming first on the list. That's how it worked before, as far as I can remember. But not anymore...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2011 :  08:19:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It must be an issue with your browser.

As a test, I just edited a post in the "Spaming on Candlekeep" scroll. Then I looked over the Site Content section, at it now shows that that particular scroll has moved up the Forum Table as a result of my edit.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2011 :  11:31:04  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Might be. I used Google Chrome before, and I didn't have that problem. But it often crashed when I video streamed. So now I'm using Firefox instead.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000