Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The price of knowledge
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

_Jarlaxle_
Senior Scribe

Germany
584 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2011 :  22:12:34  Show Profile Send _Jarlaxle_ a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Down he went through the path leading deeper and deeper into the dark cavern. He could see almost nothing but knew he was on the right track, he had to be. Soon he would knew everything he dreamed about since being a child. All the lore gathered only being fragments of the whole picture. All his live spent in persue of those little pieces and at last this chance had opened before him. He was exhilarated of what was coming, what had to come. All his money spent to get here, all this trouble after he heard rumors about this place, all this couldn't be for nothing.
He grapsed his medallion with the picture of his wife. She never understood his drive for every tidbit of lore about this but she loved him so she stayed with him, supporting him as good as possible but despite for his love for her he couldn't stay at home while this chance presented itself to him. He was driven by his addiction to learn everything he could about this.
Stumbeling over some rocks around the next corner he suddenly felt it. A presence so intense, so acient and mighty he just could stand still in shock. He felt it shifting some of its consciousness towards him and realized it knew everything about him, his life, the whole point of his existance and in a heart beat he knew too. Everything he ever dreamed about. All those pictures in his head, all those stories, about this long forgotten part of history.
Everything from the first settlements, the first learning of magic, the first wondrous flying cities, all those wonders that followed and finally he knew how such a mighty empire could have fallen.
For a moment he disconnected from all this new information in his head and wondered what he was doing in this dark cave. He turned around and went through the dark path before him, knowing somehow that this was the way out.
While climbing higher and higher through the dark he went through all those pictures in his head, ignoring his sorroundings and the time passing by.
He startled when light hit him as he walked out of the cave, realsing he was holding something in his hand. It was a medallion with the picture of a very beatiful women. Who was she he wondered.
But suddenly a much bigger question formed inside his head.
Who was he?

Don't know why but for some reason this went through my head as I couldn't sleep yesterday. Maybe someone likes it.
I allthough thought about adding something like "But than he realzied that it didn't mattered, all he had to know was in his head" or something like this, but wasn't sure.

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2011 :  07:35:48  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Anicca, impermanence.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2011 :  14:39:33  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting...
Go to Top of Page

_Jarlaxle_
Senior Scribe

Germany
584 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  16:31:11  Show Profile Send _Jarlaxle_ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Anicca, impermanence.

Excuse me?
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  21:46:17  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jarlaxle_

Excuse me?

-Anicca, which is translated as 'impermanence'.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

_Jarlaxle_
Senior Scribe

Germany
584 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2011 :  17:40:15  Show Profile Send _Jarlaxle_ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I hope it was obvious that I was alluding to the Oracle of Ellyn'taal here :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000