Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 How up to date are you with reading FR novels? [2]
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2013 :  14:57:27  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Recently read The Companions by R.A. Salvatore to bring my total to 69.
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
292 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2013 :  17:32:37  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have started Brimstone Angels to prepare for The Adversary...
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2013 :  20:44:15  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

Have started Brimstone Angels to prepare for The Adversary...



These are on my "to read" list as well...
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2013 :  03:31:26  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished The Companions (great stuff!) and now reading Shadowbane Eye Of Justice (also awesome!)

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

512 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  15:20:00  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished Charon's Claw and now, 16 years after my first FR novel, I can finally say that I have ready every FR novel available as paperback.

This state now will only last until when The Last Threshold is released as paperback next Wednesday, but will soon be restored afterward.

Then I'll take on the ebook-only novels which already all await me on my kindle

Edited by - Mirtek on 30 Aug 2013 15:20:14
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2013 :  03:20:03  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished The Companions a couple weeks ago and have also read Shadowbane since then bringing my count to 140. I thought both were good. I'm interested to see where things go after The Companions. As others have said on here, the plots for the next several books get there start here. I just hope Artemis and Co. aren't left in the wind.

As for Shadowbane, I really enjoyed it and I still believe Erik got the bad end of the deal on that being an e-book only release. I bought it well over a year ago and only just now got around to reading it because I finally upgraded to a smart phone. I wasn't going to read a book sitting at a computer. I am reading Eye of Justice now and I sincerely hope Erik writes more Realms stories in the (hopefully really near) future.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
156 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2013 :  22:28:22  Show Profile  Click to see HardKano's MSN Messenger address Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished The Night Parade. Reading The Ring of Winter

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
292 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2013 :  10:30:00  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Brimstone Angels a few days ago, will turn to The Last Threshold when there is time...
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
323 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2013 :  17:17:55  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't been reading many FR novels recently, finding out about certain events just depressed the *bleep* out of me, and I just couldn't bring myself to read any of them for months. But I finally decided I was being childish and started reading Evermeet a couple of days ago (the fact that friends and family kept giving me FR novels as gifts also helped).
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3069 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2013 :  01:43:59  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HardKano

Just finished The Night Parade. Reading The Ring of Winter



Reading the Harpers straight through?

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Be my friend on Goodreads.com: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6751111-brian
Go to Top of Page

Stolm
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2013 :  09:54:44  Show Profile Send Stolm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've just started my journey of reading through the Forgotten Realms.

I've read most of Salvatore's work and some of Ed Greenwood's Elminster novels, but I am going to make my way through from the beginning.

Just finished Darkwalker on Moonshae, and will now jump to The Crystal Shard and probably back and forth between the two trilogy's before jumping to Shandril's Saga, or The Finder's Stone Trilogy.

I am trying to read in publication order as best as possible, without reading 3 or 4 different series one after the other. I'm kind of undecided on how I will read some of the series like Shandril's Saga and lot's of the Harpers books,because the series they were eventually rolled into are so many years apart. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
156 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2013 :  11:26:14  Show Profile  Click to see HardKano's MSN Messenger address Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entreri3478

quote:
Originally posted by HardKano

Just finished The Night Parade. Reading The Ring of Winter



Reading the Harpers straight through?



Yep !

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3069 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2013 :  14:41:30  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HardKano

quote:
Originally posted by Entreri3478

quote:
Originally posted by HardKano

Just finished The Night Parade. Reading The Ring of Winter



Reading the Harpers straight through?



Yep !



Nice! Don't forget that a few of them have some non-Harper sequels.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Be my friend on Goodreads.com: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6751111-brian
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2013 :  16:04:27  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrant

I finished The Companions a couple weeks ago and have also read Shadowbane since then bringing my count to 140. I thought both were good. I'm interested to see where things go after The Companions. As others have said on here, the plots for the next several books get there start here. I just hope Artemis and Co. aren't left in the wind.

As for Shadowbane, I really enjoyed it and I still believe Erik got the bad end of the deal on that being an e-book only release. I bought it well over a year ago and only just now got around to reading it because I finally upgraded to a smart phone. I wasn't going to read a book sitting at a computer. I am reading Eye of Justice now and I sincerely hope Erik writes more Realms stories in the (hopefully really near) future.


I finished Eye of Justice. It was nice to see a number of familiar faces from Downshadow returning. And again, I hope to see more out of Erik as this was well written and the story is obviously not over yet.

Now onto Prince of Ravens as I work my way through the E-books.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
156 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2013 :  21:52:26  Show Profile  Click to see HardKano's MSN Messenger address Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote

[/quote]

Nice! Don't forget that a few of them have some non-Harper sequels.
[/quote]

Thank your for the advice !

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  23:25:55  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrant

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrant

I finished The Companions a couple weeks ago and have also read Shadowbane since then bringing my count to 140. I thought both were good. I'm interested to see where things go after The Companions. As others have said on here, the plots for the next several books get there start here. I just hope Artemis and Co. aren't left in the wind.

As for Shadowbane, I really enjoyed it and I still believe Erik got the bad end of the deal on that being an e-book only release. I bought it well over a year ago and only just now got around to reading it because I finally upgraded to a smart phone. I wasn't going to read a book sitting at a computer. I am reading Eye of Justice now and I sincerely hope Erik writes more Realms stories in the (hopefully really near) future.


I finished Eye of Justice. It was nice to see a number of familiar faces from Downshadow returning. And again, I hope to see more out of Erik as this was well written and the story is obviously not over yet.

Now onto Prince of Ravens as I work my way through the E-books.


Now I'm done with Prince of Ravens. I enjoyed this one. It was more of the crazy antics of Jack Ravenwild. A century of being magically imprisoned did not dull him. He does show some signs of growth and thinking of more than just himself, which was good. I would like to see more of Jack.

I'm not too sure what I am going to read next. I'll either get Spider and Stone or dig into the back log of paper books that I own.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
292 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2013 :  13:44:59  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished The Last Threshold and think it is the best Drizzt novel in years - now I will turn to The Companions.
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

512 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2013 :  16:01:02  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In a very productive holiday I finished Shadowbane, Shadowbane: EoJ, Murder in Halruaa, Cold Steel and Secrets and Sword of the Gods: Spinner of Lies

Only 3 FR novels to go
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
292 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2013 :  19:13:39  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished The Companions, liked it even better than The Last Threshold.
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
156 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2013 :  02:56:14  Show Profile  Click to see HardKano's MSN Messenger address Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished The Ring of Winter, starting The Crypt of the shadowking

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution

Edited by - HardKano on 26 Sep 2013 02:56:33
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
156 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2013 :  03:04:20  Show Profile  Click to see HardKano's MSN Messenger address Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entreri3478

quote:
Originally posted by HardKano

quote:
Originally posted by Entreri3478

quote:
Originally posted by HardKano

Just finished The Night Parade. Reading The Ring of Winter



Reading the Harpers straight through?



Yep !



Nice! Don't forget that a few of them have some non-Harper sequels.



Where can i find a list with the ties ?

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

512 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2013 :  20:14:57  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished Spider and Stone and thus every pre-Sundering FR novel.

Now I'll get started with The Sundering
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2013 :  16:32:02  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Finished The Godborn. Totally loved it. Worth the four-year wait.

Kudos, Paul!

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

MrsDrasek
Seeker

26 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  17:22:18  Show Profile  Visit MrsDrasek's Homepage Send MrsDrasek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also just finished The Godborn. It was excellent to say the least. Not sure where I am off to next its hard for me to fill the gaps in between Paul's books and be fulfilled. :)

Part Well...Regret Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Vaeldroth
Seeker

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2013 :  09:24:28  Show Profile  Visit Vaeldroth's Homepage  Send Vaeldroth an AOL message Send Vaeldroth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read up to The Ghost King in-order. I didn't enjoy that book, nor where Gauntlgrym was going so I just skipped to The Companions. It was an enjoyable read and I really don't feel like I missed much. I'm hoping by the time The Companions Codex comes out they'll have pushed most of the shadow/demon influences of the Spellplague era out of the books.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000