Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Its people like this.....
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  14:17:00  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Its people like this guy who make me want to actually become Non-Agnostic. Just so I can start worshipping some acient god, one from the good old days. Like Odin, Thor, someone like that who was an actual kick ass god. Cause people like this guy, who make things like this http://www.co.jyu.fi/~np/gameofsatan/ need to be shot and burned. Its people that think they need to be their gods messenger, who should be locked away ina padded room for being far to, guess what, stupid. If you dont like it thats just fine. Dont like it. Dont drag people into your sick, and obviously this guy is ****ing sick, sad worlds. The end.

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  14:27:49  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My reply to these people in their guest book:

After looking over your site, im sad to say that I will NEVER be any form of Christian. Your making your religion look and sound like it is nothing more then a cult. Its people liek you who really need to take trips to mental hospitals. Further more, if the internet is the Anti-Christ. Then why the **** are you using it to post **** that slams other people joys into the god damn mud? Is that not "using the Anti-Christ?" Wow, I bet you never thought about that one did you? You really need to learn how to look and read what you say. Again. Get your lame ass self some help. Quit using a religion as your backing to slam something thats nothing more then a game.

One person killed hemselves way back in the day. Whoopity fricking doo. That was one person who was proven to have issues before said person even got into this game known as D&D. If you want to slam D&D then why dont you slam VERY single form of mid-evil thing there is. Slam Tolkens works why don't you. D&D Is only here cause of him and his wonderful books. So slam all the fair tales of old with your stupid rants and raves that add up to nothing more then a person who is to sad in his own lide that he feels he has to make a nazi christian army. Thats basically what you want. Isnt it? To form some type of christian based group to "triumph over evil." Did you even stop to think that all your doing is trying to state a point and get people to agree with you so you -have friends-? Probably not. Did you also stop to think of this; Each time that you slam soemthign all your doing is making younger groups want to do it, or want it more.

Please. All you people who think like this guy, PLEASE, just give tat useless **** up and stop. All your actually doing is making yourselves look like obsessed fools. Its time for sick crap like this to come to an end.

A religion, is just that, soemthing that people base their lives on, their hopes, dreams, and other such things. Don't run around and ****ing taint that you sick bastards. Shame on you all.

Like normal I just didnt care to fix my typos. Let them fix them for themselves.

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me

Edited by - Cult_Leader on 10 Nov 2003 14:30:04
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  14:38:13  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A true christian?;

I have read your page and I must say that it's good to know that there are still people who are strong in faith. Right now, at this very moment, there are concerned honest tax-paying christians who have realised that the western civilization is under the threat of becoming overtaken by satanist cult ritualists. It is our children who are to become the victims of this satanic invasion. I know many parents who have lost their children to these satanist groups who call themselves ROLEPLAYERS. I have heard from honest church-going people that these evil satan-lovers eat new-born babies, practise the evil art of sodomy and worst of all don't do their duty to their Fatherland by taking civil service! This blasphemy must be stopped right now!! Someone must take radical measures to bring down the evil cult leaders behind this activity. Otherwise we will have a society of evil gay homosexual rapists and every good christian will forced to worship satan and give himself to flames of Hell itself! Lords guidance to you all. Blessed be, hallelujah!

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  14:39:13  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My reply to being a gay homo rapist???;

My my my, Let me slam you to. Just like I slammed that other person. Look at yourself going on about gays. Its their choice for one. Second, just become someone role plays, I my self being a role player of the game D&D and many others, does not make me gay in anyway. Infact i met my soon to be wife who happens to be a very good christian through role playing. Im really ashamed to say this. But your a (the f-word) moron. If anyone needs to have any form of strong actions taken against you. Its the loony bin comming to take you away.

Further more, the symbol on this mans main page IS A PENTICLE. Not a pentigon. Its the damn pegan symbol for good luck. So what are you all gettting at? That peganism started infernalism? Im still laughing at you all for your stupid comments.

Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  14:46:40  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Leader

Its people like this guy who make me want to actually become Non-Agnostic. Just so I can start worshipping some acient god, one from the good old days. Like Odin, Thor, someone like that who was an actual kick ass god. Cause people like this guy, who make things like this http://www.co.jyu.fi/~np/gameofsatan/ need to be shot and burned. Its people that think they need to be their gods messenger, who should be locked away ina padded room for being far to, guess what, stupid. If you dont like it thats just fine. Dont like it. Dont drag people into your sick, and obviously this guy is ****ing sick, sad worlds. The end.

You really shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly, Cult_Leader.

Try the following:

1. Go back to the website you are talking about.
2. Right click on the background and select "Save Background as ..."
3. Save the .GIF file to your hard disk.
4. Open the file with your favourite graphics program.
5. Zoom in far enough to see the words "This is a joke".
6. Laugh.

Didn't the censored picture of the washing machine containing the underwear give it away?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  14:52:50  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to this giys site thingies. The message boards. read some of the crap and post up what you think. Might be fun.

http://213.130.199.15/~np/guestbook/index.php?s=43df79256bf0a3b438463005bdd036f3

Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  14:55:48  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here is a link to this giys site thingies. The message boards. read some of the crap and post up what you think. Might be fun.

http://213.130.199.15/~np/guestbook/index.php?s=43df79256bf0a3b438463005bdd036f3

I have done. Mine's the one asking if he's got any photos of the naked dancing in the woods he claims to have witnessed.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  16:19:54  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I kind of figured that one Alex. And I already know the webby is a joke. But the fact that some of the people on there, Really ment some of that stuff. See. I know one of the people on there. From a Christian chat channel. I went to it cause someone invited me. So I tagged along. Basically these people in this chat were taking this as a real thing.

Edited by - Cult_Leader on 10 Nov 2003 16:20:46
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  16:24:45  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WAAAAAYYYY TOOOO FUNNY!!!!
MWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown

Edited by - The Cardinal on 10 Nov 2003 16:34:59
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  05:51:09  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow!

Is Kahonen's name Alex too? How weird is that? Two dudes with the same name and the same avatar...

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  06:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's way too funny.
Some of the highlights:
The Roman-Catholic Inquisition is still active!
HTML coding is the tool the UN will use to enslave the world!
That was quite good for laughs.
Now to post a scathing reply on the forums...
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  11:26:31  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I kind of figured that one Alex. And I already know the webby is a joke.

LOL! No way dude. You were totally suckered.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  13:12:02  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No actually Im mad at the site because thats a pissy joke. That kind of joke is going to hurt someone trust me. And yeah, some people were really taking that site serious.

I also know its a joke because I have seen it twice before. The problem is this guy keeps pressing this god damn joke over and over again on new MB's. And chatting about it on chats. Its starting to get me mad.

Edited by - Cult_Leader on 11 Nov 2003 14:00:40
Go to Top of Page

Maecenus of Westgate
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  16:11:37  Show Profile  Visit Maecenus of Westgate's Homepage Send Maecenus of Westgate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Steve Jackson Games, a SATANIC company responsible for OCCULT MASS-MURDERS in Italy and Finland!"

I guess that means my parents are in constant danger, since they live a block away from Mr. Jackson himself (and occasionally get his mail by mistake).

Hilarity!
Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  17:53:12  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MuadDib

wow!

Is Kahonen's name Alex too? How weird is that? Two dudes with the same name and the same avatar...

It wasn't before. Hang on, I'll just go and check.
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2003 :  07:08:52  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah my dear Kahonen, it would seem that we have been confused with each other. How drole.

I suppose we should be compassionate and forgive the offending slip. Afterall, it must be difficult to keep track of two such good looking men.

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Bayne
Seeker

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2003 :  11:13:38  Show Profile  Visit Bayne's Homepage Send Bayne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Drizzt had a quote about how people should not try to turn others to their Gods...it was in The Icewind Dale Trilogy...I lent the book to someone else, but if someone could post it, it would help with this topic.

Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elyhinn dal lil alust
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2003 :  16:36:51  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
people like that are so sick, i wonder how they become so twistet any way who cars they are just a bounch of losers
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2003 :  03:02:27  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol that is just rediculus...did u c at the bottom talkin about how washing machines with windows r sinful becuz u may c underwear through them n provoke sexual thoughts, OMG!!!

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2003 :  06:56:59  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Cult Leader what can I say... yes some people take it way too far when religion is concerned, but as Patriach Emban or was that Patriach Oscagne (from David Eddings Tamuli series) says,

A person shouts the loudest when confessing other peoples sins but speak in the smallest whisper when confessing their own.

Was something along those lines anyway.

Don't let something like that website upset you. If you really take it that personally then do what I do... outta sight is out of mind.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2003 :  07:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like either Oscagne or Dolmant.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2003 :  08:09:00  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've seen this before. I think there's a link to it somewhere here on the forums -- I'm getting serious deja-vu looking at this thread. Anyway, I don't care about satire in this way. It's like The Onion. Anyone with a brain knows that it's all a joke, if only because of how all the quotes and references are so out there that a tabloid would consider itself above using them.

What I get irritated at are people that don't have a brain who read it and see only what they want to see. Though sometimes that's good for a laugh -- did anyone know about the Christian anti-Harry Potter artical, published by World Net Daily actually quoted an article from The Onion? (Ellen Makkai, "Harry the Wiz Is the Wrong Biz," WorldNetDaily, 26 November 2001.) Seems Ms. Makkai didn't pay attention to her source. And it should have been obvious -- the part she used was this quote:

quote:
High Priest Egan of The First Church of Satan in Salem, Mass., celebrates Harry's contribution, saying, "Harry is an absolute godsend . . . we've had more applicants than we can handle lately."

First, it should be obvious that a "High Priest of the First Church of Satan" is satire in and of itself, leaving aside the tongue-in-cheek mention that it's based in Salem. And that's skipping over the absurdity of a Satanist using the word "godsend"!

They've since removed that quote from the article still up on their site, but if you do some hunting, you come up with copies of the original. Sweeping the dust under the rug doesn't remove it, folks!

These people are counting on the fact that people can be easily led if you sound like you know what you're doing or what you're talking about. They're either not checking their facts, or they're making them up!

One of my favorites for that is the (in)famous "Straight Talk on Dungeons & Dragons" by William Schnoebelen, from fifteen years or so ago, and his sequel-article from 2001, "Should a Christian Play Dungeons & Dragons?" The latter claims at the top to have "New Updated Research." In fact, it's an obviously unresearched rehash of a previous article based on fictional "facts."

I'll let you take a look at the false D&D info he cites yourselves. What I want to poin out is his mention, in both articles, of the "Fantasy World-View (FWV)." Obviously, adding alphabet soup will make it more official. However, this alphabet soup has no substance, and in fact becomes soggy very fast. (Don't worry, that's as far as I take that one. ) Not only is his description of why magic is evil sound a lot like the way technology and science work (is he against that as well?), he "cites" something that he says is a term used by anthropologists.

Well, they must be very quiet anthropologists. I spent quite a bit of time searching for that term on the Internet, and the only place -- one and only, folks! -- I could find those three words together (with or without the hyphen) was in what he wrote. In his second article, he adds a footnote-link (#22). Obviously, that leads to the citation of the work this term appears in, right? Wrong. Quotes from D&D (usually taken out of context, unsurprisingly) are faithfully listed by page and book, but footnote 22 is just a "futhermore" note. No work cited. It seems this guy is counting on us not clicking on that link.

And the moral of the story, folks? Simple. Intelligence -- methodical reason and logic -- wins out over blind hysteria every time. I'm the sort of person who checks up on every warning of the latest computer virus I get in my email. Most people just delete the file listed; I look that filename up. I've never gotten a virus-warning from anyone besides an official anti-virus company (Norton, McAfee) that has ever turned out to be true. (Well, except from Sage. But he's the exception. And he works in that sort of field, so it probably doesn't count anyway.)

The point is that things like this are like one of the first rules of firearms: never take anyone's word that the gun is unloaded or that the safety is engaged. Similarly, one should never believe strange claims without checking. That goes for me too, folks. I encourage you to look up my claims. If nothing else, it'll keep me from getting sloppy. (Or sloppier. )

As was said on one of my favorite shows this past Monday: "Trust, but verify."

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2003 :  08:39:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And anyone who guesses what that 'favorite show' of the Bookwyrm's is, gets a nice crunchy virtual-cookie .

I have a link to a similar site that I 'discovered' purely by accident. It 'attacks' not only D&D, but lists the 'evils' of most of the published settings. Although I found it a particularly interesting read, the writer's knowledge of the individual worlds was very flawed and comprised mostly of poor interpretations of knowledge that he had gleaned from various roleplaying forums.

As soon as I (re)- find the link, I'll post it here for general viewing, comment...and entertainment...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2003 :  08:50:57  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please do. I'm collecting this stuff right now -- I'm going to try to write an article of my own, a la my "Future of Humanity" essay.

And it's only one of my favorite shows. I'm glad you like it too, though. And I know you like my current favorite.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2003 :  08:56:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed .

Anyway, I have a question about this new article. Will you be making it available (if, and when it is finished) to interested parties, like your Future of Humanity essay?.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2003 :  09:00:27  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed I will, and especially to this forum. Unlike "The Future of Humanity," this so-far-unnamed paper is topical here. Er, well, it'll mention the Realms, anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Bayne
Seeker

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2003 :  12:07:07  Show Profile  Visit Bayne's Homepage Send Bayne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

I've seen this before. I think there's a link to it somewhere here on the forums -- I'm getting serious deja-vu looking at this thread. Anyway, I don't care about satire in this way. It's like The Onion. Anyone with a brain knows that it's all a joke, if only because of how all the quotes and references are so out there that a tabloid would consider itself above using them.

What I get irritated at are people that don't have a brain who read it and see only what they want to see. Though sometimes that's good for a laugh -- did anyone know about the Christian anti-Harry Potter artical, published by World Net Daily actually quoted an article from The Onion? (Ellen Makkai, "Harry the Wiz Is the Wrong Biz," WorldNetDaily, 26 November 2001.) Seems Ms. Makkai didn't pay attention to her source. And it should have been obvious -- the part she used was this quote:

quote:
High Priest Egan of The First Church of Satan in Salem, Mass., celebrates Harry's contribution, saying, "Harry is an absolute godsend . . . we've had more applicants than we can handle lately."

First, it should be obvious that a "High Priest of the First Church of Satan" is satire in and of itself, leaving aside the tongue-in-cheek mention that it's based in Salem. And that's skipping over the absurdity of a Satanist using the word "godsend"!

They've since removed that quote from the article still up on their site, but if you do some hunting, you come up with copies of the original. Sweeping the dust under the rug doesn't remove it, folks!

These people are counting on the fact that people can be easily led if you sound like you know what you're doing or what you're talking about. They're either not checking their facts, or they're making them up!

One of my favorites for that is the (in)famous "Straight Talk on Dungeons & Dragons" by William Schnoebelen, from fifteen years or so ago, and his sequel-article from 2001, "Should a Christian Play Dungeons & Dragons?" The latter claims at the top to have "New Updated Research." In fact, it's an obviously unresearched rehash of a previous article based on fictional "facts."

I'll let you take a look at the false D&D info he cites yourselves. What I want to poin out is his mention, in both articles, of the "Fantasy World-View (FWV)." Obviously, adding alphabet soup will make it more official. However, this alphabet soup has no substance, and in fact becomes soggy very fast. (Don't worry, that's as far as I take that one. ) Not only is his description of why magic is evil sound a lot like the way technology and science work (is he against that as well?), he "cites" something that he says is a term used by anthropologists.

Well, they must be very quiet anthropologists. I spent quite a bit of time searching for that term on the Internet, and the only place -- one and only, folks! -- I could find those three words together (with or without the hyphen) was in what he wrote. In his second article, he adds a footnote-link (#22). Obviously, that leads to the citation of the work this term appears in, right? Wrong. Quotes from D&D (usually taken out of context, unsurprisingly) are faithfully listed by page and book, but footnote 22 is just a "futhermore" note. No work cited. It seems this guy is counting on us not clicking on that link.

And the moral of the story, folks? Simple. Intelligence -- methodical reason and logic -- wins out over blind hysteria every time. I'm the sort of person who checks up on every warning of the latest computer virus I get in my email. Most people just delete the file listed; I look that filename up. I've never gotten a virus-warning from anyone besides an official anti-virus company (Norton, McAfee) that has ever turned out to be true. (Well, except from Sage. But he's the exception. And he works in that sort of field, so it probably doesn't count anyway.)

The point is that things like this are like one of the first rules of firearms: never take anyone's word that the gun is unloaded or that the safety is engaged. Similarly, one should never believe strange claims without checking. That goes for me too, folks. I encourage you to look up my claims. If nothing else, it'll keep me from getting sloppy. (Or sloppier. )

As was said on one of my favorite shows this past Monday: "Trust, but verify."

Soggy and how!
What's so ironic about this is that the cardinal sin of satanism is ignorance, but i pray, mark...this is exactly what it promotes.

Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elyhinn dal lil alust

Edited by - Bayne on 22 Nov 2003 12:10:40
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000