Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 3.0 and 3.5 conversion of 2nd edition Magic Items
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Maecenus of Westgate
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2003 :  16:21:20  Show Profile  Visit Maecenus of Westgate's Homepage Send Maecenus of Westgate a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings!

I am new to Candlekeep and am looking for any information someone can point me to regarding a list of artifacts and magic items specific to the Realms. I am also looking for conversions of items from 2nd edition to 3.0 or 3.5, especially items found in FR4 "The Magister". I have "Magic of Faerun" but this only mentions a few of the items in question. I am trying to put together a database of Realms specific magic items and artifacts to be posted on a webpage.

All the best and Thanks!

Mellomir
Acolyte

Austria
5 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  13:45:44  Show Profile  Visit Mellomir's Homepage Send Mellomir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know of any singular reference of Realmsian magic items and as I'm sure you're aware they're spread out all over the place and many are in long OOP resources. For example, just last night I was thumbing through one of the older Dragon Annuals and came across Ed's Magic of Myth Drannor piece. There are several magic items that appeared therein that haven't been mentioned anywhere else ever again, much less in 3.X format.

As I begin converting magic items to 3.X for my own use I intend to put them up on a dedicated web page, but as I'm always busy with work it won't be any time soon. If I do get something done, though, I'll post a notice here.
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  15:33:58  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This sounds like a job for Sage of Perth....track him down and I bet he'll have your answer....he's the Head Sage in Charge of Stuffiness or Almighty Lord of Washing Alaundo's Socks or something....

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  15:42:58  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gee, I wonder what my title is.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  17:29:27  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Gee, I wonder what my title is.

Well met

Believe me, you dont wanna know, Bookwyrm

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Maecenus of Westgate
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  19:34:26  Show Profile  Visit Maecenus of Westgate's Homepage Send Maecenus of Westgate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mellomir

I don't know of any singular reference of Realmsian magic items and as I'm sure you're aware they're spread out all over the place and many are in long OOP resources. For example, just last night I was thumbing through one of the older Dragon Annuals and came across Ed's Magic of Myth Drannor piece. There are several magic items that appeared therein that haven't been mentioned anywhere else ever again, much less in 3.X format.

As I begin converting magic items to 3.X for my own use I intend to put them up on a dedicated web page, but as I'm always busy with work it won't be any time soon. If I do get something done, though, I'll post a notice here.

Yes, there are probably several hundred magic items published in numerous sources. I just thought someone may have thrown together some list or reference page to make researching these a much easier task. Since I dont personally receive Dragon magazine I rarely have a chance to keep up with anything FR related in that publication.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  03:58:00  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Maecenus of Westgate,

I would like to begin by suggesting you check out this URL below and from there you can check the individual sections, which are sourced/cited.

https://www.realmshelps.net/magic/items/artifactf.shtml

However, the real epic data of Realms items is here on this one and only epic site! Check this out from Master Thornton:

http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/magicdb.htm

I hope this is helpful, and best regards.

quote:
Originally posted by Maecenus of Westgate

Greetings!

I am new to Candlekeep and am looking for any information someone can point me to regarding a list of artifacts and magic items specific to the Realms. I am also looking for conversions of items from 2nd edition to 3.0 or 3.5, especially items found in FR4 "The Magister". I have "Magic of Faerun" but this only mentions a few of the items in question. I am trying to put together a database of Realms specific magic items and artifacts to be posted on a webpage.

All the best and Thanks!

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  05:10:21  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@cpthero2,

You've discovered Alaundo's dusty old library, an awesome collection of Realmslore, lol. Sad that so few scribes seem aware it exists.

I'd be surprised if the scribe you're addressing will read your response ... he's evidently not been seen in Candlekeep since 2005, perhaps a victim of the Spellplague.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  12:02:22  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Ayrik,

I have indeed: it is wonderful material. In fact, regarding your quote..

quote:
Sad that so few scribes seem aware it exists.

...that is one of two reasons that I am reviving old posts: there are people that have no idea whatsoever of this wonderful lore, work, and love for these epic Realms. So, I figured I would answer questions, and allow those questions to be put back to folk who likely never would have looked 2000 posts back, to some amazing work. You are correct: it is unlikely that we will get a reply, but you never know.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

@cpthero2,

You've discovered Alaundo's dusty old library, an awesome collection of Realmslore, lol. Sad that so few scribes seem aware it exists.

I'd be surprised if the scribe you're addressing will read your response ... he's evidently not been seen in Candlekeep since 2005, perhaps a victim of the Spellplague.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000