Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Apocalypse Scenario
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2011 :  17:56:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quale

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

However I don't see how could the thousand-year kingdom from the Revelation work in a campaign.

Perhaps, guided by a prophecy similar to the book of Revelations, some major baddie is trying to forge his empire that will last for 1000 years or longer...

I vaguely remember the book, first there is a series of disasters, then a thousand year kingdom while the devil is locked away, then the second apocalypse. It would be difficult to have that long campaign.

I'd make this less religious and in the past, a historical allegory for the Roman-Jewish conflict, where possibly Jhaamdath takes the place of Romans, or involve the Dawn Cataclysm.

We don't need the religious aspects, or for it to have happened -- just a prophecy and a bad guy trying to make it happen. That gives the PCs something to fight against.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2011 :  18:26:19  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HERE is the sequence of events (basically in a timeline or outline form) of the book of Revelation. The "antichrist" could be the chosen of an evil deity, the spawn of an evil deity, or even the avatar of an evil deity who is born/released. Then you can replace "God" with the good-aligned Realms deity or pantheon of your choice. I would have the "First Seal" already broken, and the antagonist (either the "antichrist" or a minion thereof) trying to break the other six seals and therefore cause calamity. And then the PCs would be trying to stop him/her/them.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2011 :  10:28:13  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's kinda like the Wheel of Time, boring.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2011 :  15:19:23  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's kinda like the Wheel of Time, boring.
Since the OP was trying to form some sort of "Apocalypse Scenario" based on the events of the Book of Revelation, I was just trying to provide a background of the events recorded thereof for Kno to be able to use for this, and a way to maybe use it. I personally would never use it (or probably any other scenario from the Bible) for a Realms campaign, but it seemed to me that that is what Kno was asking for. If you have a spin on it that you think is better, please share it.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2011 :  10:55:46  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't have anything better, like I said Jhaamdath, Valigan Thirdborn as the Antichrist, Tyr's procession of justice, Helm as the Seer or Deneir the scribe, Malar and Nobanion, Garagos as War, make the city below Hlondeth serpentine, elves demons from the abyss. It's a stretch.
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2011 :  15:13:05  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank Hawkins, I will change the sequence of events. The scale will be smaller, covering the Old Empires. Horus-Re looks the obvious choice. Ship of the Gods volcano will play a part in the pollution of waters and darkness.

z455t
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000