Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 4th edition drow
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  15:49:53  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I haven't been keeping up with dark elves for a while now. Can anyone bring me up to date on 4th edition developments?

I've heard some rumblings about color-coding alignments, so that good drow turn brown and are called somthing else. Did this ever come to pass? I haven't noticed Drizzt losing melonin, so I'm guessing it did not.

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  21:36:32  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-As I recall, at the end of the Lady Penitent trilogy, Q’arlynd, the main male protagonist, was involved in a ritual at the end of the book that "removed" the Curse of the Drow on specific then-Drow who still had within them pure Miyeritaari blood. According to the lore provided in the book, these then-Drow did not have the taint (bloodline) of Wendonai in them. This is what separated Ilythiiri Drow from Miyeritaari Drow- the presence of Wendonai's taint. The Ilythiiri literally had tainted blood because of their regular interaction with him and his Demon friends (as in, Half-Demon Dark Elf babies), while the Miyeritaari were not, because they did not traffic with such infernal forces. The features that Drow have- onyx skin, white hair, innate magical abilities, darkvison- disappeared, and were replaced by the features of Dark Elves before the Descent of the Drow- dusky brown skin (Mediterranean?), dark hair, no innate magical powers, no darkvision. The "ghosts" of the kiira that were instructing Q’arlynd in the ritual said that, Eilistraee willing, all then-Drow who did not have the taint of Wendonai, and were of pure Miyeritaari blood, would have also reverted to being Dark Elves, instead of Drow. In the book itself, we only see the transformation of the people specifically involved in the ritual. The "ghosts" of Q’arlynd's kiira also believe that, through Eilistraee's grace, her followers also transformed, though we don't know if this actually happens or not- the epilogue hits at this having happened, however.

-My biggest problem with all of that is that it seems extremely hard to believe that, given some 10,000 years of interaction between the Drow survivors of Ilythiir and Miyeritar, along with other lesser tributary states and whatever else, there is such thing as 'pure blood'. I mean, look at how difficult the standard of 'pure blood' is here, with our 3000 or so years of modern history and whatnot. And, that's without me getting nitpicky.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 03 Apr 2011 01:57:41
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  22:07:51  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having not read that series, the reasons behind the Redeemed Drow now sorta makes sense. But this isnt all goodly aligned drow by any means.

Elaine, did you want to know more of the mechanics side about 4E drow or more lore related info on them?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  22:08:44  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah.

Black = evil, brown = not-so-evil

Faezress appears to have become 'Drow-nip' (like catnip).

Drizzt didn't change because he makes too much money the way he is (seriously - its the ONLY explanation ever given for him).

I guess you can decide what color Liriel is - might I suggest purple with midnight-blue highlights?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
198 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  23:11:46  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I guess you can decide what color Liriel is - might I suggest purple with midnight-blue highlights?

I don't think that Liriels looks have changed, because her father Gromph (or other Baenre still around in Menzoberranzan of the FRCG) doesn't seem to have changed, so their family blood seems to be tainted.
(Presses thumbs that this is resarch for a new Liriel story)
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  23:29:01  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had not followed at all, just summery of the books.
That appeared to indicate redeemed Drow were all the followers of the Dark Maiden.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  00:24:01  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that series never happened to me.

all it did was cause an uproar.one of many uproars.......

anyway I got to go finish Elaine's pathfinder book......

then get back to James' P. DAvi's circle of skulls and then the latest drizzt book....

last heard, that was what the lore was, that they have dusky brown skin and use the elf stats out of the phb.

while the drow still use the drow stats out of either the players guide or the one of the two heroes player books.

the only drow 4e stuff outside of the foremention sections was the drow DDI article (well the only one I saw) that had one of the worst epic destines ever, redeamed drow...

other than thatI saw nothing

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234

Edited by - sfdragon on 03 Apr 2011 00:29:34
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  01:13:07  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Drizzt still a drow? Cause everything I knew about him was that he was the only character whose stories were still pre-spellplague, is it right?

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  01:49:49  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

-To expand on that, the previous book in the series, Storm of the Dead established that Faerzress' aren't actually packets of radiation "natural" to the Underdark, but were actually created by surface Elves when the Dark Elves were cursed and transformed into Drow (presumably during the very same High Magic ritual, or maybe a subsequent one right after). Faerzress is a contraction of 'Faer' and 'Zress', which, in Elven, means literally '‘Magic that Remained/Dominating Magic/Magic that Compelled’ ('Faer' means 'Magic', and 'Zress' means 'To Hold Dominance/To Remain in Force’). It was the magical energies of the Faerzress' in the Underdark that compelled the newly arrived Drow to stay down there in the Underdark, and to not recolonize the surface world.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  01:56:04  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KentinalThat appeared to indicate redeemed Drow were all the followers of the Dark Maiden.

-No. The "ghosts" of Q’arlynd's kiira specifically include Drow of Miyeritaari descent and followers of Eilistraee in two separate groups. Both transformed, but an individual who transformed could have been from either camp; the two are not synonymous. So, a random former-Drow who lived in...the ruins of Ched Nasad, who just happened to be of the proper bloodline, who had never heard of Eilistraee, and was a devout...Ghaunadauran would have transformed.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  02:31:41  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But Drizzt, who is the goodest Drow that ever wusest, was not, correct? Drow 'Redeption' was entirely based upon random bloodlines and had nothing to do with whether they are good or evil.

Thank you - it all makes so much sense now. {smirk}

EDIT: And AFAIK, nowhere is it stated from which 'branch' the Baenre clan came from, so theoretically Liriel could have 'gone brown'. In fact, wouldn't that be a kick in the head? The Baenre's all being Redeemed, and poor little Drizzt still stuck with the 'traitor curse'.

Why does that make me smile? Does that make me a bad person?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 03 Apr 2011 02:47:53
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  02:57:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

quote:

-To expand on that, the previous book in the series, Storm of the Dead established that Faerzress' aren't actually packets of radiation "natural" to the Underdark, but were actually created by surface Elves when the Dark Elves were cursed and transformed into Drow (presumably during the very same High Magic ritual, or maybe a subsequent one right after). Faerzress is a contraction of 'Faer' and 'Zress', which, in Elven, means literally '‘Magic that Remained/Dominating Magic/Magic that Compelled’ ('Faer' means 'Magic', and 'Zress' means 'To Hold Dominance/To Remain in Force’). It was the magical energies of the Faerzress' in the Underdark that compelled the newly arrived Drow to stay down there in the Underdark, and to not recolonize the surface world.

So what's different with Vhaeraunites, then (or other drow, like Liriel)? If faerzress is drow-magnets, it seems a bit odd that some drow can shrug off that effect.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 03 Apr 2011 02:57:45
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  03:16:39  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
::shakes head::

Oy.

Oy gevalt, even.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  03:34:39  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that is not Drow is it??

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  03:55:11  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe it's Deep Gnome.

I want to carry around some Faezress and go 'heeeeeere drowy-drowy-drowy! Pssssssst... here drowy...", and watch the ebil things roll over on their backs and give me their bellies to rub.

And Wooly, obviously in 11K+ years the Drow have built up immunities to the stuff (because as we know, Liriel was walking around inside a cave full of it, that mutated a shadow dragon into a two-head variant, and not once did she even 'purrr').

Would a drow bat-around a ball of human sinews in lieu of having yarn?

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  04:02:24  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
EDIT: And AFAIK, nowhere is it stated from which 'branch' the Baenre clan came from, so theoretically Liriel could have 'gone brown'. In fact, wouldn't that be a kick in the head? The Baenre's all being Redeemed, and poor little Drizzt still stuck with the 'traitor curse'.

-Well, according to the FRCG, Gromph is still down there being himself, with Quenthel instead of Triel. Since he's still himself, he has some of that "tainted blood" in him, and isn't pure. Since Liriel is his direct descendant, she'd have some of that same "tainted blood" in her as well, albeit diluted by another generation- but, if it can still exist enough through thousands of thousands of years, and hundreds of generations to make a difference, one extra generation and possible dilution isn't going to make much of a difference.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  04:05:52  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Oy.

Oy gevalt, even.

Indeed sounds interesting?

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  04:08:49  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

So what's different with Vhaeraunites, then (or other drow, like Liriel)? If faerzress is drow-magnets, it seems a bit odd that some drow can shrug off that effect.

-Not taking something like that into account when altered the already established lore on Faerzress'? Nothing explains this, and is something of a continuity gaffe in reality, but if one wants an explanation, I can offer this hokey hypothesis: Even those Drow were still beholden to the Underdark, to varying degrees. Ambition to reestablish vague footholds on the surface world, and return to the "Night Above" curbed whatever unknown magical effect- you'd think that some Drow magician or priest/ess would have deduced said magical effect sometime between when they went down there and the 10,000 years or so that passed before it was discovered, and said something/done something- that was "holding" the Drow down there, but didn't eliminate it completely, hence such Drow still having extensive contact and reliance on the Underdark, for whatever, be it recruiting, arming themselves, raiding places, hunting, etc.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  04:10:09  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oy.

Oy gevalt, even.

-Uh oh. Elaine's a little verklempt. Let's talk amongst ourselves. I'll give you all a topic: The jelly bean is neither made of jelly, nor is it a bean. Discuss.

quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

that is not Drow is it??

-Drow, Jew, in the minds of some, they rhyme. I never understood how or why some people pronounced 'Drow' as 'Drew', but some people do that.

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 03 Apr 2011 04:18:02
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  06:25:29  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wasn't Menzoberra and the Drow Clans she lead come from the Great Rift Area?

Wouldn't the Illthiryi be the original Fey'Ri? And that ceratin Sun Elf clans 'stole' the Fey'Ri idea from them?

I figure in The Last Mythal series, Richard was alluding to the Sun and Moon Elves becoming Eladrin with Arevin's transformation...

Please forgive my spelling errors...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 03 Apr 2011 06:26:30
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  15:11:23  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll second Elaine.

Thanks for the summation, Dag. I haven't read those books, because I didn't like how things were being changed in the last couple of 3e series. And now, thanks to you, I don't have to.

And, since I'm not affiliated with WotC, and never will be, I can say what I think about it: what a load of idiot garbage.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  16:10:39  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Wasn't Menzoberra and the Drow Clans she lead come from the Great Rift Area?

-Bhaerynden, which would be in the southern reaches of the Underdark, in the neighborhood.

quote:

Wouldn't the Illthiryi be the original Fey'Ri? And that ceratin Sun Elf clans 'stole' the Fey'Ri idea from them?

-Some Ilythiiri, being the off-spring of Wendonai (or client Demons) and Dark Elves would be Half-Demon Dark Elves. Their offspring, for all we know, might have been creatures that were basically Dark Elven versions of Fey'ri. Just like it's been supposed that there might be some kind of Dark Elven variant of Avariel, with bat wings, or something similar, there might be some kind of Dark Elven variant of Fey'ri- hey, maybe the two are one and the same. But, I guess what it comes down to are that Fey'ri are specific Sun Elf/Half-Demon combinations, and that a similar concept could extend to other Elven subraces, but with different names.

quote:

I figure in The Last Mythal series, Richard was alluding to the Sun and Moon Elves becoming Eladrin with Arevin's transformation...

-In my opinion, Araevin's transformation turned him into an Eladree, the race created by Sean Reynolds. Almost to a tee to what happened, Mr. Reynolds says that Eladree are "a rare kind of part-celestial elf born in a community where sun elves and eladrins (bralani and ghaele) serving Hanali Celanil, elven goddess of love and beauty, interbred." In Araevin's case, he wasn't born an Eladree as much as a magical ritual made him into one, but the other details fit.

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 03 Apr 2011 16:11:01
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  19:00:29  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Oy.

Oy gevalt, even.

-Uh oh. Elaine's a little verklempt. Let's talk amongst ourselves. I'll give you all a topic: The jelly bean is neither made of jelly, nor is it a bean. Discuss.

Verklempt, not so much. Tsetummelt, I'll grant you. Maybe even a little bit ungabluzum.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  19:41:21  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, even though it is alluded to that Gromph (one of my favorite characters, BTW) 'leans toward' Vhaeraun-worship, he is still technically a follower of Lolth (reluctantly or no), so he would not have been redeemed, if things worked the way you say they did. In fact, nearly any Drow left in Menzo could not have been redeemed, since they have 'accepted' Lolth's dominance over them. Any who left (before the ritual was enacted) would then be judged entirely on their bloodline.

quote:

-Drow, Jew, in the minds of some, they rhyme. I never understood how or why some people pronounced 'Drow' as 'Drew', but some people do that.
Are you saying both Drew Barrymore and Drew Carey are evil?

That explains much......

@Elaine - so much for judging a person by their last name. And here I thought you grew-up with Fonzie living above your garage.

Edited by - Markustay on 03 Apr 2011 19:42:13
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  20:41:50  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never really understood the point for Faerzress or it's reasons for being. I know it's a magical field that messes with teleportation magic and has some other magical effects (just by reading the Starlight and Shadows series) but I'd have to assume after the spellplague that it's potency is some-what reduced in power, allowing more drow to go to the surface world.

Anywho, there have been quite a few changes to the race since 4E's debut, amongst them no more Level Adjustment (there's no such thing in 4E), no more Spell Resistance (again, no such thing), they get +2 Dexterity; +2 Charisma or +2 Wisdom which are "flex" stats and allow for some diversity (no Int Boost ), still retain Darkvision (one of the few PC-available races to have it), +2 to Intimidate and Stealth, and they have the choice between the Darkfire power (4E's version of drow faerie fire) or Cloud of Darkness. Once chosen, it cannot be changed. This wasn't how the Race started out as they had the option per encounter to choose between the two and additional feats to gain both per battle, but with the advent of Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms, designers thought it was too powerful (I still allow the old version in my games).
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  20:50:24  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
[@Elaine - so much for judging a person by their last name. And here I thought you grew-up with Fonzie living above your garage.

Cunningham is my married name. I started out with something a lot more ethnic.

Okay, maybe not MORE ethnic. DIFFERENT ethnic.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  23:49:43  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Verklempt, not so much. Tsetummelt, I'll grant you. Maybe even a little bit ungabluzum.

-A lot of schlock going on, I know. Yeah, it's all meshuggah, but we're not ones to kvetch, right?

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  23:56:27  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, even though it is alluded to that Gromph (one of my favorite characters, BTW) 'leans toward' Vhaeraun-worship, he is still technically a follower of Lolth (reluctantly or no), so he would not have been redeemed, if things worked the way you say they did. In fact, nearly any Drow left in Menzo could not have been redeemed, since they have 'accepted' Lolth's dominance over them. Any who left (before the ritual was enacted) would then be judged entirely on their bloodline.

-Gromph is my second favorite character, behind Karsus. I wish that more was written on the character, and that, among the general Forgotten Realms fanbase, a lot of the fanboy/girlism was removed, vis-a-vis Gromph (and Jarlaxle) in particular.

-A Drow could have been a Lolthite through-and-though, and still be transformed. The transformation is contingent upon one of two things, that need not be related: Pure Miyaritaari blood, or worshiping Eilistraee (if the voices of the Kiira are to believed, and the sava-board epilogue are believed to be accurate in their implying that Eilistraee's followers transformed). A Drow with the proper bloodline need not be a worshiper of Eilistraee, and a worshiper of Eilistraee need not (apparently) be of the proper bloodline. If you have a High Priestess of Lolth who, by random coincidence, happens to have pure, untainted Miyeritaari blood, she'd suddenly find herself transformed after the ritual was performed. And, it'd suck to be her.

quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

I never really understood the point for Faerzress or it's reasons for being. I know it's a magical field that messes with teleportation magic and has some other magical effects (just by reading the Starlight and Shadows series) but I'd have to assume after the spellplague that it's potency is some-what reduced in power, allowing more drow to go to the surface world.

-Before this series changed things, Faerzress' were seemingly natural radiation found in the Underdark that did the above mentioned stuff. They didn't have specific explanations, but in a world with magical anomalies that plenty of people don't give second thoughts about, I never really though that they needed specific explanations. They existed, did what they did, and that was always how it was. I have no clue why it was changed to have an origin in the Elven High Magic ritual that cursed the Drow and banished them to the Underdark, and why some person though that it'd be cool/make sense to them have some kind of quality that kept the Drow "contained" to the Underdark, when some very famous characters among authors/editors/fans (Drizzt, Jarlaxle, Liriel, Qilue, among the most well-known) are well acclimated to living on the surface, didn't have any particular trouble "acclamation themselves" to existing outside of an area without Faerzress'.

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 04 Apr 2011 00:02:32
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2011 :  00:35:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The more I hear about the events of the Lady Penitent trilogy, the less I want to read it. From just about everything I've heard about it, some of the events -- particularly what happened to the drow race -- are quite problematic.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2011 :  02:10:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The more I hear about the events of the Lady Penitent trilogy, the less I want to read it. From just about everything I've heard about it, some of the events -- particularly what happened to the drow race -- are quite problematic.

I can't feel the same way. The sense of "Realms completeness" in me, demands that I read each and every Realms novel at least once.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2011 :  02:24:20  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Better you than me, Sage. Better you than me. Let us know if you come back sane, will you?

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000