Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Eldath priest - how to play one
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2011 :  10:21:52  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Long time no see, but I am back again :O)

So lisen up, I need some help

Afther a long break from role-playing we started again.

I made a cleric who believes in Eldath.

Are there any of you who got any experience to how to act in a battle – what kind of cleric spells are allowed to use. What about hold person? Charm person?

I would appreciate any kind of advice.

I know that I can destroy undead and defend nature..

Great to be here again

Yours

Victor Ograygor

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7971 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2011 :  11:16:24  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Victor, ye surprise me. A Peaceman (or Peacewoman) of Eldath seems like a very uncharacteristic choice for you, lol.

A summary from 2E FRA:

• Allowed to use staves, clubs, stones, slings, staff slings only — and even these only with restrictions (I would also allow lassos, nets, and other non-lethal or subduing weapons)

• Not allowed to wear any armour. They always and only wear a series of ragged-sleeved sheer robes in shades of blue and green.

• Can use the same magical items as clerics, but will not use items or effects from items which inflict harm upon others.

• Major spheres: All, Astral, Charm, Divination, Elemental (Water aspected spells only), Healing, Protection, Sun

• Minor spheres: Animal, Plant (I would also allow Guardian, Thought, Travelers, and Wards; pick any two minors)

• Special: may use all enchantment/charm spells regardless of sphere, bonus remove fear spell (1/day; can even counter magical fear and Bane's divine aura), bonus sleep spell (1/day at 3rd level, plus 1/day every three levels), bonus silence 15' radius spell (1/day at 5th level, plus 1/day every three levels), can automatically breath water at 10th level, permanent sanctuary spell in effect at 15th level (attackers must Save vs spell or completely ignore the priest), can parry all incoming attacks (subtract Str bonus + 1d6 from attacker's roll, +1d10 at 10th level; ability is lost for the remainder of battle if the priest uses any form of attack).

• Only about 10% of Eldath's clergy are Peacemen (though they hold most high-ranking positions within the church organization); the remainder are somewhat more militant clerics and druids, they defer to and are very protective of Peacemen, relations between branches of clergy are excellent.

• Although not stated, I would expect they can turn/destroy undead. I would personally grant bonuses related to creating holy water, healing potions, protection scrolls, and similar things; perhaps even some sort of minor ability to resist or neutralize liquid poisons.

• Also ...
    quote:
    "These abilities come at cost#151;— the priest of Eldath cannot fight, except to defend himself and those with him. They may not initiate attacks, charges, or ambushes. They are pacifists. Those specialty priests of Eldath who seek to bend the will of the goddess to their own ends will soon find themselves without clerical abilities."

[/Ayrik]
    Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
    Master of Realmslore

Brazil
    1120 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2011 :  12:53:38  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    There are very funny things to a Eldathian priest to do in a battle:

Mantain a support, healing the comrades;
    Use an aiki-do posture with the antagonists (I mean, let them hurt themselves);
    Protect innocents to the havoc of the battle (with spell, stave, and net - why not the net?)

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
    Facebook: yuri.peixoto
    Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
    Master of Realmslore

Denmark
    1072 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2011 :  05:33:41  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    I have played over 20 years and played many characters. Now it’s not so interesting to create and play a min max character. I want some challenge and some role playing so that’s why I want to play a Eldath cleric

We play with the pathfinder system in Forgotten Realms so there is some small change here :O)

I am still working on the spell selection and what to do in battle :O)

Dispel magic and walls would be considered non violent spell but what about charm person or hold person?

I am looking forward to this challenge :O)

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
    http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
    http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
    http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
    Go to Top of Page
      Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
     New Topic  New Poll New Poll
     Reply to Topic
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
    Snitz Forums 2000