Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Realms NPC's
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ateth Istarlin
Seeker

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  22:53:30  Show Profile Send Ateth Istarlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have been trying to obtain an Excel file of 3/3.5E Realms NPC's to compare to the files of 1/2E Realms NPC's I already have.
The one I have been trying to obtain came from "home.rochester.rr.com/Kuyel", but everytime I try it I just get a message saying that it doesnt exist. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of this file as I need it for my newest campaign?

The more I read about 4FR, the more depressed I am.
Politician - An elected official who tries to be all things to all people, while always looking out for his/her own interests first.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  23:12:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ateth Istarlin

I have been trying to obtain an Excel file of 3/3.5E Realms NPC's to compare to the files of 1/2E Realms NPC's I already have.
The one I have been trying to obtain came from "home.rochester.rr.com/Kuyel", but everytime I try it I just get a message saying that it doesnt exist. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of this file as I need it for my newest campaign?

Ping Kuje. That's his file.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  00:09:03  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Let me see if I still have it, if I don't then I know Alaundo should.

Yea, all I can do at this point is contact Alaundo, unless someone else has a copy still. I lost mine in hard drive deaths and I never backed that file up, it looks like.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 24 Feb 2011 00:14:16
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  04:23:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What was the original URL? It might be cached on Google or available on the Internet Wayback Machine.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  05:23:21  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't a clue, that was so many years ago. Plus, I know I deleted the web site when I took it off my RR web site.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

What was the original URL? It might be cached on Google or available on the Internet Wayback Machine.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  05:30:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Yea, all I can do at this point is contact Alaundo, unless someone else has a copy still. I lost mine in hard drive deaths and I never backed that file up, it looks like.

I still have the last copy you updated, when you were still posting updates over on the Wizards boards. I can send Ateth that copy, if that's okay?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  05:33:16  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Works for me, can you send it to me to my RR account? I'm a bit bummed I lost my copy. :) I also wrote to Alaundo to see if he had it still to, so hopefully I'll get a copy from him to.

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I still have the last copy you updated, when you were still posting updates over on the Wizards boards. I can send Ateth that copy, if that's okay?

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  05:39:52  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this something that could be posted here at CC?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  05:45:59  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

It might be, It depends. Grand History of the Realms was a collection of facts that it appears WotC had no problem with. Much depends on if names are trademarked or too much copy and pasted.

In the end it depends on what legal department advises and how management decides how to handle the matter.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  06:11:02  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We were slowly doing that, which is why Alaundo has all my old files, I hope. :) The break downs for each section of the 1e/2e version never got completed and he never added the 3e/3.5e version.

Oddly, I still have my large 1e/2e file. Just not sure why I don't have the 3/3.5e version.

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Edited by - Kuje on 24 Feb 2011 07:00:15
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  06:34:47  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje/Sage, would it be possible to also give me a copy? It sounds like just the thing I need and has even caused me to register to this forum instead of just browsing it. Don't worry if you can't though.

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  07:01:15  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can send it to you, if I ever get a copy again. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Light

Kuje/Sage, would it be possible to also give me a copy? It sounds like just the thing I need and has even caused me to register to this forum instead of just browsing it. Don't worry if you can't though.

Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  07:08:43  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Hopefully you get a copy again, both for my sake and yours.

Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  13:28:12  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
could it be stored at the keep for all to access??????

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  13:45:32  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'd use that too for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  13:49:57  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like I said to Dalor, Alaundo has the files, he just never uploaded them. :) Never really knew why.....

quote:
Originally posted by Snowblood

could it be stored at the keep for all to access??????

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  14:07:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think they're all still on Alaundo's "Update" list. He just hasn't had a lot of time to deal with stuff like this.

Edited by - The Sage on 24 Feb 2011 14:08:22
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  14:20:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nods, well, he's had them for probably 2 or 3 years now. :)

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I think they're all still on Alaundo's "Update" list. He just hasn't had a lot of time to deal with stuff like this.

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  17:15:45  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*cough* sig *cough*

The list I have covers all of Green Giant's NPCs and where to find the official NPCs in 3.0/3.5 books.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  06:35:32  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually do the lists of NPCs located here at http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/npcs/npcs_main.htm and have any relation to the ones being discussed here?

Edited by - Light on 25 Feb 2011 06:37:50
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  08:16:03  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, that's 2e npcs and only goes up to druid.

I lost these files a few times. You can find the 3.5 one with Google.

Edit: here's the link
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  09:02:37  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That was the 1e/2e one I was talking about. :) I never completed the break down, it started to get overwhelming.

quote:

Actually do the lists of NPCs located here at http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/npcs/npcs_main.htm and have any relation to the ones being discussed here?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  09:04:46  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool beans, saved it and this time I'll back it up. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Quale

No, that's 2e npcs and only goes up to druid.

I lost these files a few times. You can find the 3.5 one with Google.

Edit: here's the link

Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  11:54:38  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny thing is I downloaded this exact same file a couple of days ago, while searching around on google, without even knowing it was Kuje's. That's what you get when the creator's name is not on it.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  13:42:52  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL. Yea. But now I'm happy that I managed to get a copy again. :)

quote:

Funny thing is I downloaded this exact same file a couple of days ago, while searching around on google, without even knowing it was Kuje's. That's what you get when the creator's name is not on it.

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  21:28:52  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So out of my own curiosity, is Alaundo's list in Sagetime???
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2011 :  00:38:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

So out of my own curiosity, is Alaundo's list in Sagetime???

Alaundo's list exists in a timeless state, just like his prophecies.

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2011 :  02:17:58  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL.
Someday, I have to get his head all to myself just for a little while.
Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2011 :  21:33:35  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wouldn't that be kind of messy? well maybe if you cast a perserve spell on it and had a mop ready having his head all to yourself wouldnt be that messy. hmmmm anwsered my own question.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."
— H.P. Lovecraft (The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories)
Go to Top of Page

Ateth Istarlin
Seeker

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  13:25:03  Show Profile Send Ateth Istarlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone - sorry its taken so long to thank you but I havent had a chance to get on my computer for a while (my Mum had to go into hospital & then a nursing home, so I've been a bit busy of late!).

The more I read about 4FR, the more depressed I am.
Politician - An elected official who tries to be all things to all people, while always looking out for his/her own interests first.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  16:17:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ateth Istarlin

Thanks everyone - sorry its taken so long to thank you but I havent had a chance to get on my computer for a while (my Mum had to go into hospital & then a nursing home, so I've been a bit busy of late!).

No worries, and I bet you never expected this request to get so many replies. :) But you did get a copy, I hope.....?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000