Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If you could be a god what would you be ???
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  07:14:22  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What would I be? Neutral Good, of course.

Wazzat? You want my portfolio? Oh. Balance, dreams, orphans, research and scholarship, the discovery of secrets, and good and neutral necromancers and undead. Domains: Balance, Dreams (domain spells from Atlas Games), Secrets (domain spells from White Wolf's Scarn setting), Undeath, ... and Protection, to shield my devout worshipers from Shar and Mask and everyone else who wants secrets kept hidden, and to make sure the little orphan children aren't abused or exploited.

I will leave invention and bardery to Oghma, librarianship to Deneir, and applied technology to Gond, but I will have my devout worshipers try to discover lost or hidden inventions and writings (which may then be shared with the Oghmanytes, Deneirath, and Gondians). Balance is necessary because some legal corners will have to be cut occasionally to fulfill all of the other portfolio aspects, but one mustn't go overboard (yes, my children, you may break into the tombs, but all you are to take from them is knowledge ... and maybe whatever unique magical or technological items you happen to find ... you did remember your necromantic spells today, I hope, just in case the occupants object ...). As for dreams, well, what better archive of secrets is there than the dreaming mind? (It would also allow me to soothe the troubled minds of the little orphans, whose adoration is better given to me than to Chauntea, who, let's face it, wouldn't have been allowed to do that snatch and dash from Zhentil Keep if the Tablets of Fate were still around. Besides, little Pyotr would never forgive me if I didn't protect them. And they are sooo grateful....) As for undeath ... well, when will you have the time to uncover all of the many secrets of the multiverse if you die at threescore and ten?

Apropos of nationalism, I ask that the scribes just stop writing about it now, and not slip real world debates in under the pretext of discussing someone else's portfolio choice. If I, yea even I find the subject dicey, it is a sure bet that the mods will, too, and I would prefer that they not seal this scroll. So, please just drop it completely. ... Because I know who you are. I know where you live. And I know what you dreamt last night, you naughty little <expletive>s!

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  07:29:02  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A god with a portfolio between Lathander , Tymora , Tempus and Sune...It would be Chaotic good , With portfolio : vitality, self-perfection and athletics, creativity, luck, love, passion, Strength, warriors.

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  07:46:35  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And pizza. I forgot pizza. Pizza deserves its own patron deity.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  12:50:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be a NG Trickster. Mischief (not the malicious kind) and humor would be my main portfolios.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  13:09:56  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'd be a NG Trickster. Mischief (not the malicious kind) and humor would be my main portfolios.

why is that not surprising? Although, humor? One could hardly call it humor!

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  18:53:30  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow. So many are taken :(

Well... I just um. /borrow/ some.

God of forgiveness.

And stealing from Lunar if I can't have that one.
God of creation.
After all... There can be no new creation without destroying the old. MWA HA HA HA *cough hack* AHhh. My leg!

I love PMs! Please send me a message. Even if its Hi.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  22:50:25  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I be the god of threadomancy, so I can control these five-year old threads and put them to rest.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Jul 2008 02:23:05
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  23:56:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I be the god of threadomancy, so I can control these [b]five-year old threads[/i] and put them to rest.

I guess me, Sage, Arkie, and Big Al already have that portfolio, then, since we can all lay threads to rest.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  23:57:14  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

get thee off my portfolio!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  01:38:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I be the god of threadomancy, so I can control these [b]five-year old threads[/i] and put them to rest.

So, would that make you "Markushroon" or "Velastay?"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  02:14:32  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlorinDawn

quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

get thee off my portfolio!

Your portfolio? Ha! I dreamed of pizza before you thought of it. Step back or my goose-stepping cadres of white-haired, glowing-eyed orphans shall despoil your temples of all of their donor records!

On the other hand, I may be willing to concede thin crust to you in exchange for valuable considerations received. What do your hawt chicks think of tomb robbers archaeologists? No. Don't answer. That might get the scroll sealed, too.

Seriously though, and I mean seriously, as in I'm back on-topic, I'm very surprised that there isn't a deity in the Realms who is devoted to discovering secrets to counterbalance Shar and Mask. (And let's not mention that jumped-up lich, shall we?) That, therefore, is the portfolio I would most want to develop. Philosophy would be cool, too, except that the holders of it seem to come to bad ends vis-a-vis Toril: Annam in self-imposed exile, and Whatshername "accidentally" killed. *sigh* There's no hope for the Academy on this planet, it would seem!

Go to Top of Page

Khaelieth
Learned Scribe

103 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  08:49:31  Show Profile  Visit Khaelieth's Homepage Send Khaelieth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AL: CN
Portfolio: Hangovers, Regret, Alcohol Induced Maladies

Why does everyone pick Madness? Silly chimps.

Also known on other forums as ChazSexington, Kusghuul, and Claudius.
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  15:36:00  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I be the god of threadomancy, so I can control these five-year old threads and put them to rest.

Did he just try to [b]bold
and italicize[/i]? on the same three words? the horror!

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  01:16:24  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The god of Murder...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  02:25:18  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why is it whenever I typo bad, at least three people quote me?

And I would be Markushroon... I rather like that.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Icelander
Master of Realmslore

1864 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2008 :  03:00:00  Show Profile  Visit Icelander's Homepage Send Icelander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd want to be the God of Trade, Wealth and Freedom. 'Lord of Free Trade', 'Master of the Wealth of Nations', 'He Who Judges Not' and 'True Friend to All'.

Aye, I acknowledge that Waukeen might get a bit miffed, but I'd work out the mother of all deals whereby I'd allow her to retain Coin and Merchants as my subordinate, and out of my magnamonious heart, I'd help her to add Contracts, Notaries and Fiscal Managment. I'd quickly become a Greater God, of course, and she could be my Intermediate Goddess platonic consort (because our contract didn't specify consummation, only cohabitation). We'd both gain power, even if she'd see a reduction in responsibilities, the eventual increase in mercantile activity would more than make up for it.

What I'd get, based on my personality*, however, would be the God of Debauchery, Drink, Sloth and Procrastination. Ah, well, the ale needs drinking and the Realms does seem to be lacking a real man to oversee the process!

*At least half of the people who know me seldom use my real name because they know me better by bynames like 'Magister Bibendum', 'The Tank', 'Grandfather of Debauchery' or 'Bird of Unmindfulness'**
**From the following lines in Hávamál:
[..]
A bird of Unmindfulness flutters o'er ale feasts,
wiling away men's wits:
with the feathers of that fowl I was fettered once
in the garths of Gunnlos below.

Drunk was I then, I was over drunk
in that crafty Jötun's court.
But best is an ale feast when man is able
to call back his wits at once.
[..]

Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!

Forgotten Realms fans, please sign a petition to re-release the FR Interactive Atlas
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2008 :  06:35:09  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find the prospect of the responsibility of a deity too daunting to actually consider becoming one. (As Cyric found out, it is not all murder and games. )

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2008 :  16:49:05  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't know if I said this before, but I don't think godhood is all it's cracked up to be.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2008 :  18:23:56  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Don't know if I said this before, but I don't think godhood is all it's cracked up to be.

If you were a goddess you would know that it isn't....along with every other shred of knowledge!

Wonder what gods take for headaches?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Icelander
Master of Realmslore

1864 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2008 :  18:48:45  Show Profile  Visit Icelander's Homepage Send Icelander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Wonder what gods take for headaches?

Souls.

Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!

Forgotten Realms fans, please sign a petition to re-release the FR Interactive Atlas
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2008 :  21:09:55  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God of Longivity, Time, Guardian of Ages and Good and Neutral undeads,

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000