Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If you could be a god what would you be ???
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  05:05:23  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Ack! Lina! Too -- much -- anime!

I like it Lina.......I would go with one if they had a bald guy.

It seems you now have one. Fortunately, not as anime, so not as jarring compared to the other avatars . . . .

But he looks squashed. Did an ogre sit on him, or did you just do a fit-to-size command rather than crop him?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  05:16:29  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jander Sunstar

this is like sth from history of our life and I dont like it .
well nationalizm is a good thing but I will be the god that opposes it and says internationalizm instead

There's nothing wrong with concepts from our world. The problem arises when an author takes a plot from our history. The latter just shows a lack of imagination. The first usually isn't.

And nationalism isn't bad, in and of itself. It's when it becomes like a religion that it is -- like the Nazis, communism, and the rash of "Americanism" of the sixties.

Alles in ordnung!

(Idiots . . . .)

Oops. Started slipping there again.

rant_mode=off

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  09:36:48  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

quote:

Ack! Lina! Too -- much -- anime!

I like it Lina.......I would go with one if they had a bald guy.

It seems you now have one. Fortunately, not as anime, so not as jarring compared to the other avatars . . . .

But he looks squashed. Did an ogre sit on him, or did you just do a fit-to-size command rather than crop him?

He killed a dragon and it fell on him....lol.....Cropping didn't look right either so yes I kept the whole pic and fit to size.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2003 :  14:17:28  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ahahah funney is there a god of humor ??? i dont hink humor fits in the fr
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2003 :  20:59:41  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

ahahah funney is there a god of humor ??? i dont hink humor fits in the fr

Sure it does,why not? I hink your wrong.LOL..Sorry Cyric,I couldn't resist...I would make a great god of humor.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2003 :  16:27:31  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so funney and why there is to mouch killing and stuff like that
Go to Top of Page

Lolth slayer
Acolyte

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2003 :  17:16:49  Show Profile  Visit Lolth slayer's Homepage Send Lolth slayer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be the patron of Knife wielding maniacs

Maybe then I'd be worshipped by Chefs, Butchers and Surgeons faerun-wide
My avatar would be a 20hd Gibberling Fighter with a knife as its primary weapon

I demand a recount! my contestant is a dope fiend!-
-Ahfera Derunadel, Gold elf mage after losing a magedual against a Red Wizard-

We can't stop here! This is Bat country!
-Raul Duke-
Go to Top of Page

SanguineDefect
Acolyte

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2003 :  19:35:07  Show Profile  Visit SanguineDefect's Homepage Send SanguineDefect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jander Sunstar

quote:
Originally posted by lowtech

I would like to be the god of Nationalism, Political philosophy, and Self-determination. I would be like Teumpus: providing a forum for these pursuits, but not taking sides when they conflict with each other. My allies would include Waukeen, Gond, and Oghma (necessary amoral aspects of any sustainable political entity) and my biggest enemy would be Gargauth (the embodiment of employing these pursuits for purely selfish reasons).

this is like sth from history of our life and I dont like it .
well nationalizm is a good thing but I will be the god that opposes it and says internationalizm instead

Nationalism, in my opinion, is not good, because what follows is usually hate crimes towards a particular ethnicity. An example would be the hate crimes the us citizens made towards pakistani people not too long ago.

I won't go into political views though, as this is not the place to do so...

I'd probably be rallaster...come on... metal for skin...jagged all over the place. Plus, insanity really is my "thing" (which you will find out if you get to know me).

Or maybe vecna, because it's so mysterious, or even one of the xamux gods, because of the alignment, and because they're worshippers are characterized by an inclination towards experimentation and learning (if im correct in my thinking...if not, please tell me so)

Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elyhinn dal lil alust
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  00:10:09  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

so funney and why there is to mouch killing and stuff like that

Isn't killing funny???...Come on Black Sun,Does it matter to Cyric why someone dies.I would kill out of anger or self-defence but most certainly Cyric himself would find humor in slaying someone for what ever reason.

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  00:32:43  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes killing is funny therefore lots of unwilling people like me still survives after some funny events. Funny killing in the name of primatural taste of blood of the same of yours. Funny is killing caused by insanity. Funny is killing by the will of power. Funny killing in the name of god, money and anything that all the time.
Why don't we kill all the time? Doesn't that make us bigger and stronger? Hey lets kill someone and be funny. Those are the attitudes makes us comit crimes.These are the premature attitudes that cause us face to laws. Those are the problems of every world who has power to rule and people to obey. Let's make fun of the murdered children of a murdered cop's widow. Let's make fun of unexpected death of childeren of African people suffering for years because of femine
Well sometime I lose my temper but I don't accept killin is a funny thing.Who say that will hear about me and who kills will find my justice. In the name of Hoar I ll avenge the suffering hearts

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  18:45:02  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes am sure Cyric would kill with a reason but i would not i would slay most people but there are borders that must not be broken and Jander Sunstar you are taking this way to real and yes lets make fun of those childeren of African dying all the time in the name of Cyric i be there to kill you whahah ( just joking you are way to tens
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  13:38:50  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i'd be the goddess of creativity, madness and secrets. why not entropy too...
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  19:01:16  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok with exception to eilinel, (which by the way the portfolio's you've chosen seem to compliment eachother)
I figure we need to calm down a little in here... The fires of the Nine Hells and the Abyss don't burn any hotter than on the path this scroll has recently tread.
On the ideals of Cyric (deity), killing for any reason or even the lack thereof is good enough for him. Whether... no nevermind that. We are not going to walk down that path at this time. Just a final word of caution to all: " Beware the path you tread, for it may not be your own. The path to the abyss is wide and easily walked, it's going the other way that's the hard part."
Beware...

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Belfar
Seeker

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  04:33:22  Show Profile Send Belfar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be the god of honor, chivalry, and justice. Basicly the same as tyr or helm but those are my favorite gods by far.
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  17:48:43  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
your so right Cardinal Deimos it went a bit to far
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  19:27:53  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be the lord god almighty of bagels, orc-double axes and cheesecake. That way everyone would love me...or else.

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Draith_Assassin_Pro
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2003 :  05:07:02  Show Profile  Visit Draith_Assassin_Pro's Homepage Send Draith_Assassin_Pro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In essence I would be the god of the Drow by killing Lolth and males would be revered. Basically I would be the god of death, assassination, murder, lies, intrigue, drow.

Domains- shadow, trickery, death

My avatar would be a -
20 Rogue, 10 Assassin, 10 Shadow Dancer, 5 Fighter

Weapons - +5 Speed, Unholy Short Sword
+5 Speed, Unholy Dagger

Symbol would be the two weapons crossed

Hi.. Names Draith :extends hand:
Go to Top of Page

Lolth slayer
Acolyte

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2003 :  10:34:01  Show Profile  Visit Lolth slayer's Homepage Send Lolth slayer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too late for that Draith Assassin, Bow down and lick my boots male worm!

Oh-ahhh Visions of Grandeur!!!!!!! Mu-must re-s-ist!!

I demand a recount! my contestant is a dope fiend!-
-Ahfera Derunadel, Gold elf mage after losing a magedual against a Red Wizard-

We can't stop here! This is Bat country!
-Raul Duke-
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2003 :  16:50:56  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the goddess of divination would be good too. knowing everything before everyone and so changing the futur
then goddess of knowledge and wisdom too.
and of course magic.
as a neutral good goddess.

or
the goddess of depravation, madness, intrigue, lies, pervertion...
as a neutral evil goddess
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2003 :  17:04:55  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess if I was denied my original evil godhood....Hmmm
I guess begin god of The Sun, Nobility, Contracts, and Honor would do... Yes Kinda like the old Amunator... but with enough power to never have to worry about fading into oblivion (or something as equally joyful....)

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2003 :  18:08:24  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, my post has sure generated a lot of controversy!

Nationalism, to me, is an instrumental means of establishing and then maintaining a political entity. It can be mostly positive or mostly negative (depending on circumstances) but never wholly either.
Go to Top of Page

Draith_Assassin_Pro
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2003 :  02:53:04  Show Profile  Visit Draith_Assassin_Pro's Homepage Send Draith_Assassin_Pro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lolth slayer

Too late for that Draith Assassin, Bow down and lick my boots male worm!

Oh-ahhh Visions of Grandeur!!!!!!! Mu-must re-s-ist!!

Basically.. Thats just not good and reliable. Slaying Lolth is my idea. And fer say they're can only be one main god of the Drow and that would be me.

Hi.. Names Draith :extends hand:
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2003 :  18:43:53  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sure why not
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2003 :  20:34:14  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I'd like to be the God of Retribution and Vindication - this would slightly overlap into Justice and Law...but I would be including more "personal" or "street" justice as my theme. For example the sort of person to ask for my assistance would be a father whose daughter was raped, and he sets out to kill the man who did it knowing that he (the rapist) would never get prosecuted for whatever reason, or perhaps the sentence he received was/would be too light in his opinion.

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

Xylerius Thallin
Acolyte

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2003 :  20:50:21  Show Profile  Visit Xylerius Thallin's Homepage Send Xylerius Thallin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know what you mean. If I could be a god.
I am a god. Any way slightly more seriously I would be god of Dark magic and undead.

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
Go to Top of Page

Nocturno
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2003 :  21:11:16  Show Profile  Visit Nocturno's Homepage Send Nocturno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gods, who wants to be a god while man can be an in immortal and gods are mortal. I meant that man can live as long as he wants if he has enough power while gods are weak to face with the strongest man alive. Bane, Myrkul and Bhaal made it I believe if one wants to be one of the under ruler he or she can be one and make all tremble under his or her vicious rule.
However I want to be the immortal who is behind the so called gods manipulations and politics in where my word is worshiped as a law of gods
Go to Top of Page

Runis Silverhammer
Acolyte

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  01:14:07  Show Profile  Visit Runis Silverhammer's Homepage Send Runis Silverhammer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God of solace and soul-searching/contemplation.

"Gygax:The new D&D is too rule intensive. It's relegated the Dungeon Master to being an entertainer rather than master of the game. It's done away with the archetypes, focused on nothing but combat and character power, lost the group cooperative aspect, bastardized the class-based system, and resembles a comic-book superheroes game more than a fantasy RPG where a player can play any alignment desired, not just lawful good. Now, should I tell you what I really think [of it]?"
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  23:46:47  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God of understanding(different from knowledge btw), courage and valor without glory. AL:NG Weapon: longsword

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  00:39:38  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Gawd of hawt chicks, pizza, diet coke, and hangin out.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  03:56:22  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I'd be Karsus...Yes...Lord Karsus...

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page