Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2011)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 60

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  11:26:40  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon
took a lock of their hair and cloned their body and implemented the soul of said dead royal and brings them back that way.

SNIPPED for brevity

Hi SF

I suspect that the answer to cloning is the same as resurrection, once you are dead you lose all rights to rulership no matter which way you are returned to life.

The risks are too great that the returned to life monarch or noble has had their life spirit possessed by another being, or that they simply are not who they claim to be or even remember what they agreed to do. Certainly with cloning, the newly cloned King might question why this law has been enacted only to be told he agreed to it in his previous 'life'!

There is way too much potential for confusion or corruption (of course this would make life interesting and give those pesky adventurers something to do for their King who sets them the task of finding out if his previous self did indeed sign off the decree )

Just my thoughts

Damian
who's current players, who happen to be noble, have never died, they may have got to -9, but as far as the crown are concerned death has never occured.......

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005

Edited by - crazedventurers on 06 Jan 2011 11:28:53
Go to Top of Page

uaintjak
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  17:56:38  Show Profile  Visit uaintjak's Homepage Send uaintjak a Private Message
While waiting for replies on the Knights and other adventuring companies, I thought of some more oddball questions.

1. Aluena Halacanter was (I believe) known for the care and breeding of pegasi. Did she (or anyone else) ever breed them with unicorns, and if so, what was the result?

2. Susprina Arkhenneld (female drow mage)...did any of her apprentices ever rise to prominence or adventuring glory? If so, who?

3. Most of Ed's created characters seem to be Chaotic Good, except for the occasional CN fighters, and thieves, who seem to be almost uniformly CN. Any particular reason for this?

Thanks as always!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  18:14:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by uaintjak

3. Most of Ed's created characters seem to be Chaotic Good, except for the occasional CN fighters, and thieves, who seem to be almost uniformly CN. Any particular reason for this?

Thanks as always!

Ed has created a fair number of evil characters, too, including some of our iconic baddies, like Larloch, Manshoon, and even Elaith Craulnober.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  20:42:46  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message
(Szass Tam Szass Tam!)

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  22:21:58  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

(Szass Tam Szass Tam!)

he's a Larloch wannabe

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

uaintjak
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  22:28:44  Show Profile  Visit uaintjak's Homepage Send uaintjak a Private Message
Yeah, I know of course about Ed's baddies :)

I was mostly referring to his heroes though.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  00:39:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Okay Ed, here's my first lot of questions for 2011, and new additions to my ever-growing stack.

So I've slowly been introducing little Narnra to the wonders of more complicated music -- particularly, The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra and Tubby the Tuba. Which, naturally, got me thinking about similar practices in the Realms. Are there Realms-equivalents of these wonderful tales? Also, how are children usually introduced to the melodic world of music? And, finally, have there been any examples of Mozart-like musical prodigies anywhere in the Realmslore?

Many thanks, as always, to both you and the lovely Lady Hooded One.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  01:17:35  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

quote:
Originally posted by createvmind
If hags were removed would the were-giants seek to control the region and would they be need to bother with the lizard folk who I assume could just retreat into marsh to avoid conflict or would they have to rally together to deal with trolls, would trollbark forest even be worth the bother to them?
Who is most powerful giant in the region and why?

*stops reading and blinks in confusion* What in the world is a were-giant? Is this some 4th Edition thing I've missed out on? Are they just Giants who are afflicted with the "were" curse (were-dire bear for example)? Or is it a human (or other humanoid) who turns into a giant? Colour me confused.

(Sorry, just had to ask!)

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  04:36:21  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all!
Heh, Sage . . . there was a time when Ed could recite ALL of Tubby The Tuba from memory (and of course, knew the Young Person's Guide To the Orchestra and the Carnival of the Animals narrations, too).
He tells me that time is gone, now. Unfortunately, his sisters' Fisher-Price "Little Fat Policeman" record is still burned into his memories....
Expect an answer sometime after he emerges from the sudden frenzy of writing, editing, and designing that has descended on him this week.
Not that he isn't grinning from ear to ear, mind you...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Veraka
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  05:10:34  Show Profile  Visit Veraka's Homepage Send Veraka a Private Message
Hey all,
Ok, more of the odd question: if an aasimar and an fey'ri were to procreate, what would ya say would be the honest outcome for a child, seeing as the bloodlines are in direct conflict there?
Also, what would be the odds of that couple having twins for their first birth?

Thanks

In war, Justice; In peace, Hope; In death, Sacrifice
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  05:46:07  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message
Well, hello, V! Nice to see ya here! Wouldn't that depend on how prevalent twins were in their families?

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  06:26:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi again, all!
Heh, Sage . . . there was a time when Ed could recite ALL of Tubby The Tuba from memory (and of course, knew the Young Person's Guide To the Orchestra and the Carnival of the Animals narrations, too).
He tells me that time is gone, now. Unfortunately, his sisters' Fisher-Price "Little Fat Policeman" record is still burned into his memories....
I can easily imagine. In fact, I would've loved to have heard him recite it. Not sure which instrument Ed would represent, though.
quote:
Expect an answer sometime after he emerges from the sudden frenzy of writing, editing, and designing that has descended on him this week.
Right. There's no hurry on this. Just curious, really.

Go to Top of Page

Veraka
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  07:25:37  Show Profile  Visit Veraka's Homepage Send Veraka a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Well, hello, V! Nice to see ya here! Wouldn't that depend on how prevalent twins were in their families?

Well, considering that the aasimar is the direct descendant of a solar, with a very complicated storyline and bloodline, and his wife is the second line descendant of her bloodline, I would venture to guess probably not.

In war, Justice; In peace, Hope; In death, Sacrifice
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  09:41:00  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message
Er, I meant about having twins in the first birth. Would depend on whether there was a history of it, is what I meant. I don't think the source of the bloodlines would have much to do with it. Unless the solar and fey-ri had twins in their families to begin with.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  14:35:30  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Well again all

I am interested in knowing more about the beholder realm that Hullack the druid (and allies?) fought*. To whit:

What aid did Hullack recieve (if any) from the Crown of Cormyr or other sources?

How long did it last and is the beholder realm situated on the ruins of a previous 'kingdom'?

Who defeated the beholders in the end and was it concurrent with Esparin? Or did Esparin spring from the ashes of the destroyed beholder realm/Hullack led Wyvernwater druid circle?

Did any beholders survive and where did they flee to? north to the moonsea, licking their wounds and forced to ally with powerful wizards and priests of the dark gods or into the Thunderpeaks/Stonelands where they are still potentially a menace in the current Cormyr?

Beholder lore is always most appreciated, Ed's ecology article is still a stand out for me, especially the section on beholder reproduction

Cheers

Damian
* From Dragon 164 Pages from the Mages part VI

Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO

Edited by - crazedventurers on 07 Jan 2011 14:39:32
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  22:23:24  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Zandilar

Heya,

quote:
Originally posted by createvmind
If hags were removed would the were-giants seek to control the region and would they be need to bother with the lizard folk who I assume could just retreat into marsh to avoid conflict or would they have to rally together to deal with trolls, would trollbark forest even be worth the bother to them?
Who is most powerful giant in the region and why?

*stops reading and blinks in confusion* What in the world is a were-giant? Is this some 4th Edition thing I've missed out on? Are they just Giants who are afflicted with the "were" curse (were-dire bear for example)? Or is it a human (or other humanoid) who turns into a giant? Colour me confused.

(Sorry, just had to ask!)

Nope lady, not 4th edition at all, Ed answered my original question on 06 or 07, I was surprised as well when he mentioned the were-giants.

Will look for original response and post it.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  22:31:49  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message
Hi Ed and THO. I recently handed out some recipes to my players in my campaign that I got from some Volo's guides (the ones for Roasted Cockatrice, Stag Sausage and Dragon soup I think). Anyways, I was wondering if Ed has a more comprehensive list of exotic and/or regular recipes for the realms? Are there any famously penned cookbooks? Region specifics? Also, anything with accompanying faerunian wine recommendations? (speaking of which, what kind of wine would go well with roasted cockatrice??)

edit: iPhone

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023

Edited by - Alisttair on 07 Jan 2011 22:34:41
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  22:38:10  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
GREAT questions, Alisttair. Off to Ed they've gone.

And unfortunately, I have less delightful news for Damian, straight from Ed:

Ah, the beholder nation. I'm afraid you'll have to wait for a reply to this, thanks to a BRAND NEW bright and shiny NDA. Hopefully you'll learn more within the year. A LOT more.
But for now, mum's the word, I'm afraid...
Sorry!

So saith Ed. Sigh, and at the same time: less than a year's wait, so....something to look forward to!

love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  00:32:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

Ah, the beholder nation. I'm afraid you'll have to wait for a reply to this, thanks to a BRAND NEW bright and shiny NDA. Hopefully you'll learn more within the year. A LOT more.
But for now, mum's the word, I'm afraid...
Sorry!
Oooh! I'm very intrigued by this. You and Ed are scholarly-scratching me right where I mentally itch.

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  00:51:33  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message
I too am interested in finding out more about this.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  03:45:47  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
Couple of things reading Hand of Fire has me itching to know....

To where did Storm walk off to with Arauntor? How much time did they share and what adventures?

who is/was Maraunth Torr?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  04:26:18  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
TO Zandilar,

To answer the easy part first: YES, the Bowshot, The Way Inn, Liam's Hold and Gillian’s Hill all still exist, flourishing (meaning they’re SLIGHTLY larger/busier than they were when described in VOLO’S GUIDE TO THE SWORD COAST: e.g. Liam’s Hold is now home to 62 or so people, not 50, but the description Volo gave is still “correct”).
No, the Troll Hills and the shoreline from Lizard Marsh to the Trollbark Forest (note: no “Trollbark Mountains”) aren’t NDA, as far as I know.
That’s what that “ridge line” really is: a line of cliffs, where the mainland drops away several hundred feet into a strip of “broken land” rarely much more than a mile wide. This broken land is damp, salt-rimed country (so vegetation is either lichen or stunted), and consists of seacaves, hills of heaped-up seabed rock hurled ashore in the worst storms, rougher hills of rock broken off the cliffs and piled up below at their feet, and flowerpot-shaped “sea stacks” of hard, layered stone left behind in misshapen columns when the wind, water, and winter ice have carved away the land around them. All manner of creatures dwell in this shoreline strip of land: leucrotta, outlawed and fugitive (or washed ashore from shipwrecks) humans, amphibious creatures of all sorts, all sorts of monsters, and countless seabirds (whose eggs offer a plentiful food source for much of the year).
Veins of iron and dark clays that contain many sort of gems are exposed on the treacherous, crumbling cliff-faces (which sport hollowed-out caves here and there, some of them peryton, eagle, or other don’t-mess-with-me aerial creature lairs). Lava vents under much of this shoreline warm the rocks (and fresh water, percolating up through them) from beneath, making this coast a place of winter mists and survival for many creatures, rather than a region most life must vacate for the cold months or perish. In other words, if you can fight off the competing monsters, you can winter over in caves that get quite comfortably warm in their innermost, deepest corners.
Those same lava vents make deep mining in this region well-nigh impossible. The warmth also makes trolls avoid the area, which is why they keep inland, in the Trollbark Forest, and to the south, in the Troll Hills, and leave this area alone.
No one rules this desolate shore, which has no good landing-places or harbors, and there have never been large settlements hereabouts, so the land is relatively verdant and unspoiled. Atop the cliffs, and inland as far south as the northern half of the Trollbark, the most prevalent life are those same seabirds, small wandering herds of wild horses and other cloven-hoofed grazing animals, and hags. There are over a dozen known coveys of hags (trios of one annis, one green hag, and one sea hag) in this region, and they dominate local life. It’s rare indeed for them to fight each other openly (and they will in fact band together to battle formidable intruders like adventuring bands), but they carry on longstanding rivalries in which status is linked to performance in disputes with each other (i.e. getting your own way or besting the other covey is a small, bloodless victory, and those who “win” more often increase their influence). Werebats (lycanthropes whose non-bat form isn’t drow, but rather several sorts of giants) are known to dwell in cliff-face caverns near the northern end of this shoreline; their presence prevents the lizardfolk from expanding south along the entire shore, and they are in turn prevented from expanding south by the presence of wild foulwings, who lair along the southern end of the shore.
Adventurers have found various sorts of constructs of ancient make (Netherese?) half-exposed in the crumbling cliffs, that move into action (usually attacking living things near them) once freed enough to break free of their rock prisons. Small parties of Gond-worshippers from Lantan make frequent explorative expeditions along the broken country, searching for constructs they can dissassemble and study; often they are forced to hire adventurers to protect them from monsters that stalk them (as food that’s obligingly strolling within reach).
I’ll leave the Troll Hills themselves for another day. As their name suggests, they are dominated by many, many trolls.

So saith Ed, whose habit of mentally strolling around his created world, “seeing” it in his head, is awesome to hear when he describes his imaginary surroundings. He makes great chip-dip, too.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  04:27:43  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Any chance on Troll Hills in 1370's, anything?
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  07:36:12  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

I asked the same thing last year.

This is what THO had to say. Page 21 of last years Ask Ed.

quote:
Hi again, all. I suspect Malcolm is correct, and the Warblade is NDA right now. I also know Maraunth Torr wasn't mentioned before HAND OF FIRE, and suspect Ed is saving him for a sometime-to-be-revealed purpose.
So there you go. We know Maraunth Torr is male and very powerful at the Art, but nothing more.
love to all,
THO

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 08 Jan 2011 08:14:04
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  12:36:32  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
quote:

And unfortunately, I have less delightful news for Damian, straight from Ed:

Ah, the beholder nation. I'm afraid you'll have to wait for a reply to this, thanks to a BRAND NEW bright and shiny NDA.

That is actually delightful news I have waited 20 years already *gulp* December 1990 *gulp * so another year wont make that much difference

Can I speculate that the lore is part of a novel that Ed might be writing if the publishing department approve it?

Cheers

Damian

shudder,
love to all,
THO

Edited by - crazedventurers on 08 Jan 2011 12:57:25
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  00:09:30  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Well again all

I have some questions about caravan guarding in the Forest Country.

Currently one of my players is a 12th level paladin of Helm, very well respected by the crown for his ongoing work to make Cormyr safe and recently knighted (extraordinary title). He wants to invest some of his loot in a caravan guarding business with 12 loyal and trustworthy henchmen (further doing Helm's work).

I am wondering what the rules are regarding setting up a caravan guarding business is in Cormyr? I assume that it is similar to an adventuring band i.e. a licence must be bought (with covert Wizard of War investigation prior to the licence?). Yearly fee to renew said licence? any restrictions in the licence as to what can be transported?

What are rules on tax? Do you pay more tax for importing goods, compared to doing work internally? i.e does transporting fish from Hultail to Tyrluk incur the same tax as transporting fish from Saerloon to Tyrluk

Would he need a 'coat of arms' that identifies his business and can it be modelled on his own noble coat of arms?

He wants to buy heavy duty secure wagons, who are the best wagon makers in the Realm around 1370DR or so.

Any other lore would be most appreciated

Kind regards

Damian

shudder,
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  00:22:24  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Well again

My second trade question of the day.

If I was an enterprising individual wanting to take early advantage of the building of Dawngleam's new harbour (as outlined in Volo's Guide to Cormyr) and I had a small but fast trading ship that I want to sail between Dawngleam to Westgate or Turmish, what legal commodities would be best to export/import.

As an aside if I wanted to import slightly less legal commodities and/or I want to dodge duty of high value but legal goods how efficient are the customs officiers in Dawngleam? Any local coves or smugglers haunts that I might use to offload etc? Who in the watch can be bribed and who in the community can help me get the goods into Cormyr?

Cheers

Damian
ps this enterprising individual is not the aforementioned Paladin but another player who's PC has a slighlty more flexible moral viewpoint

shudder,
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  02:17:18  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Do brains regenerate, if you remove troll brain does it grow new one, are all past memories lost since It's a new brain?
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  02:29:28  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
Something tells me that is beholder nation question will somehow connect the the Manshoon/beholder mating question from the Knights book as well.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  02:53:29  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

I asked the same thing last year.

This is what THO had to say. Page 21 of last years Ask Ed.

quote:
Hi again, all. I suspect Malcolm is correct, and the Warblade is NDA right now. I also know Maraunth Torr wasn't mentioned before HAND OF FIRE, and suspect Ed is saving him for a sometime-to-be-revealed purpose.
So there you go. We know Maraunth Torr is male and very powerful at the Art, but nothing more.
love to all,
THO

Thanks, I did a quick search and missed that.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 60 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000