Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Films of Interest to Realms Fans . . .
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2014 :  02:47:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The concept of a DC integrated television universe intrigues me. But then we hear stuff that the various television shows they've planned won't be in the "same universe" as their big-budget production films like Dawn of Justice, and it all starts to become a little confusing.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2014 :  02:52:12  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to Gotham

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 08 Sep 2014 02:53:50
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2014 :  12:09:57  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

The concept of a DC integrated television universe intrigues me. But then we hear stuff that the various television shows they've planned won't be in the "same universe" as their big-budget production films like Dawn of Justice, and it all starts to become a little confusing.

Ah thats probably a way for them to save money. After all if their TV stars become full fledged movie stars then they will be able to demand much higher salaries.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2014 :  12:58:55  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So DC finally got its act together and has announced around 10 new superhero movies. Read more here .
The Cyborg movie was a surprise but IMO its a welcome one. I am also looking forward to Wonder Woman and of course the Justice League movies.

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2016 :  22:00:11  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone else catch the first episode of the Shannara Chronicles last night? The Shannara books were my gateway drug into the fantasy world, and I had high hopes for this series. I thought it was visually appealing but the costumes and acting were terrible. Some of the casting decisions were laughable. Not sure if I'll continue watching.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2016 :  22:19:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

Anyone else catch the first episode of the Shannara Chronicles last night? The Shannara books were my gateway drug into the fantasy world, and I had high hopes for this series. I thought it was visually appealing but the costumes and acting were terrible. Some of the casting decisions were laughable. Not sure if I'll continue watching.

I DVR'ed it, but I likely won't get to watch it until the weekend.

The Elfstones of Shannara was my first full-on fantasy novel, too.

Because of the TV show, they were giving away free copies of the book at GenCon, this year. I had just replaced my copy a few months previously, but because I'm a huge fan of that which is free, I grabbed one of those free copies. I wound up passing it off to a guy at work who had never read any of the Shannara books.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2016 :  16:30:10  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just saw Warcraft and I loved it. The way they blended the live-action and the CG was awesome. I believe this is the future of fantasy cinema. I hope it did well so that we may see more. 4 stars.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000