Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Appearances of the Princes of Shade
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Enwy
Acolyte

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2010 :  23:44:27  Show Profile  Visit Enwy's Homepage Send Enwy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm sitting here, laughing at myself a bit for making this query, but as I work on a piece of artwork I've realized that I'm missing a piece of information that might be floating around out there.

While I know that the Shade princes have specific eye colours, has there been any clarification as to hair colour? Alashar's hair was dark, and I always assumed that the princes themselves had darker shades, but I wanted to confirm before I went any further with this.

Thanks!

Bran thought about it. "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"

"That is the only time a man can be brave," his father told him.

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2010 :  23:50:14  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, they have dark hair. If you want proof, here's something from Chapter One of The Siege:

quote:

The shadow lords working most directly beneath the brilliant light looked most human, with swarthy complexions, dark hair, and gem-colored eyes.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Enwy
Acolyte

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2010 :  23:59:47  Show Profile  Visit Enwy's Homepage Send Enwy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot Dennis! I really appreciate the quick reply! ^_^

Bran thought about it. "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"

"That is the only time a man can be brave," his father told him.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2010 :  00:12:19  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're welcome, Enwy. I happen to like the Shades--- a lot.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2010 :  00:29:46  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Makes sense - they were Netherease, which were derived from a Conan-esque stock of barbarians originally. Big and tall, with hard and dark features.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2010 :  00:37:43  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1E MM2 (Shade)
... it is nearly impossible to detect a shade, for its appearance does not differ greatlv from its mortal form. A shade's eyes show no white, however, just a dark grey or purple iris and pupil, and its skin tone becomes dusky and grey. They prefer garb of grey or black and will rarely wear brightly-colored clothes. The transformation to shade has some evil in it, for the shade becomes gloomy and brooding. They are generally solitary due to this fact, as they cannot trust other shades, nor can they deal with normal creatures without dominating or exploiting them.

2E MC Annual 2 (Arch-Shadow)
... Arch-shadows are undead that resemble ghosts or banshees ... an arch-shadow in its natural form appears as a ghastly silhouette of its original body. Piercing blue-white pinpoints of light serve as eyes, its hair is ebony, and its fingernails have turned blue-black. After gazing at an arch-shadow in its true form ... another side of this undead becomes apparent. The
skin that covers its ghostly body becomes withdrawn and tight, and its blue-white eyes are tinged with crimson. Its face is contorted in pain and agony ...

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2010 :  01:57:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Shades are tall, dark, and handsome. Well, maybe not handsome...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2010 :  02:05:58  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it was mentioned once or twice that Melegaunt and Telemont (when he was still a human) are handsome. I can't recall where, though.

Edited by - Dennis on 17 Dec 2010 02:06:29
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2010 :  02:40:41  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suppose fair-complexioned and light-haired peoples would become darker, grayer, and more "shady" after their transformation. Basically adopt the monochromatic dulled tones of shadow, like living people seen in conditions of twilight.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000