Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Appearances of the Princes of Shade

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Enwy Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 23:44:27
I'm sitting here, laughing at myself a bit for making this query, but as I work on a piece of artwork I've realized that I'm missing a piece of information that might be floating around out there.

While I know that the Shade princes have specific eye colours, has there been any clarification as to hair colour? Alashar's hair was dark, and I always assumed that the princes themselves had darker shades, but I wanted to confirm before I went any further with this.

Thanks!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ayrik Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 02:40:41
I suppose fair-complexioned and light-haired peoples would become darker, grayer, and more "shady" after their transformation. Basically adopt the monochromatic dulled tones of shadow, like living people seen in conditions of twilight.
Dennis Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 02:05:58
I think it was mentioned once or twice that Melegaunt and Telemont (when he was still a human) are handsome. I can't recall where, though.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 01:57:08
The Shades are tall, dark, and handsome. Well, maybe not handsome...
Ayrik Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 00:37:43
1E MM2 (Shade)
... it is nearly impossible to detect a shade, for its appearance does not differ greatlv from its mortal form. A shade's eyes show no white, however, just a dark grey or purple iris and pupil, and its skin tone becomes dusky and grey. They prefer garb of grey or black and will rarely wear brightly-colored clothes. The transformation to shade has some evil in it, for the shade becomes gloomy and brooding. They are generally solitary due to this fact, as they cannot trust other shades, nor can they deal with normal creatures without dominating or exploiting them.

2E MC Annual 2 (Arch-Shadow)
... Arch-shadows are undead that resemble ghosts or banshees ... an arch-shadow in its natural form appears as a ghastly silhouette of its original body. Piercing blue-white pinpoints of light serve as eyes, its hair is ebony, and its fingernails have turned blue-black. After gazing at an arch-shadow in its true form ... another side of this undead becomes apparent. The
skin that covers its ghostly body becomes withdrawn and tight, and its blue-white eyes are tinged with crimson. Its face is contorted in pain and agony ...
Markustay Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 00:29:46
Makes sense - they were Netherease, which were derived from a Conan-esque stock of barbarians originally. Big and tall, with hard and dark features.
Dennis Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 00:12:19
You're welcome, Enwy. I happen to like the Shades--- a lot.
Enwy Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 23:59:47
Thanks a lot Dennis! I really appreciate the quick reply! ^_^
Dennis Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 23:50:14
Yes, they have dark hair. If you want proof, here's something from Chapter One of The Siege:

quote:

The shadow lords working most directly beneath the brilliant light looked most human, with swarthy complexions, dark hair, and gem-colored eyes.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000