Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Chessenta and Threskel
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MalariaMoon
Learned Scribe

324 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2010 :  04:24:35  Show Profile  Visit MalariaMoon's Homepage Send MalariaMoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi All,

I'm creating a campaign set in Threskel and Chessenta. Initially it will be focused on episodic 'gold and glory' adventures but ultimately the adventurers will be drawn into the struggle for supremacy between Tchazzar and Alaskarsomethingorther, the Great Bone Wyrm (as detailed in Dragons of Faerun, 3rd Edition).

I've got the aforementioned Dragons of Faerun and also Old Empires (2nd ed.) but can the scribes here direct me to any other crucial sources of Realmslore (novels or sourcebooks) for this area? I hope to keep the campaign more or less in line with canon without underlining the storytelling potential too much.

I intend for the campaign to begin before the Time of Troubles and hopefully conclude it before the Spellplague comes along and ruins the Realms.

Thanks!

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2010 :  04:49:04  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaskarbarbantos, I think....

I don't see anything in any of Volo's Guides, I'll keep looking.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 13 Dec 2010 04:53:46
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2010 :  05:39:17  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A late issue print Dragon had an article on the area IIRC...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

MalariaMoon
Learned Scribe

324 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2010 :  05:56:32  Show Profile  Visit MalariaMoon's Homepage Send MalariaMoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys ... I imagine the Dragon article would be difficult to track down, there's seems to be plenty of material to play with in the sourcebooks I'm using!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2010 :  16:12:43  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Malaria - do a CK search for Tchazzar ... you'll find about 50 scrolls wherein he is mentioned, and you may find much Realmslore of some use to you.

Are you looking for anything in particular?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2010 :  00:10:43  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Swords of the Iron Legion is set partially in Chondath - its close, but not exactly what you are looking for.

There was also a novel featuring 'the Blade kingdoms', which exist around the Arkanamere.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 18 Dec 2010 00:11:41
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2010 :  00:36:18  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like Richard Lee Byars has dropped some hints about Tchazzar figuring in some of his upcoming work, but don't quote me on that, I can't put my hands on the source right now.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2010 :  01:01:43  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RLB's new series is set in Chessenta, and I won't spoil it for people...

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

MalariaMoon
Learned Scribe

324 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2010 :  09:52:39  Show Profile  Visit MalariaMoon's Homepage Send MalariaMoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for the help. I've been exploring some old threads here on Candlekeep and finding some stuff out. It seems 'The Cult of the Dragon' sourcebook might have some info on Threskel, although perhaps it is much the same as that presented in 3rd edition Dragons of Faerun.

I think I will have to ignore Richard Lee Biers new novel series, as it will probably throw a ladder in the works of what I have planned for the campaign.

I'm particularly interested in building up a better picture of Tchazzar, particularly his status just prior to the Time of Troubles. What's the best source for this? Powers and Pantheons? I'd like the Cult of Tchazzar to have a role in the campaign, I'd be interested to know how it works, especially as the Cult is based around the legend of Tchazzar the War Hero rather than the reality of Tchazzar the power hungry red dragon.

Thanks again for the suggestions
Go to Top of Page

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
268 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2010 :  17:05:35  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's also an alternate timeline by Scott Bennie "What Might Have Been...".
That's an update for Old Empires never officially published...

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.

Edited by - Asharak on 20 Dec 2010 19:24:53
Go to Top of Page

Erdrick Stormedge
Learned Scribe

132 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2010 :  16:45:06  Show Profile  Visit Erdrick Stormedge's Homepage Send Erdrick Stormedge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I require a link to the aforementioned article.

quote:
Originally posted by Asharak

There's also an alternate timeline by Scott Bennie "What Might Have Been...".
That's an update for Old Empires never officially published...

Go to Top of Page

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
268 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2010 :  11:27:55  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erdrick Stormedge

http://kingstears.tripod.com/downloads/OldEmpiresMay2003withbackground.pdf

There's a lot of good stuff, the timeline is at the end of the pdf.

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.

Edited by - Asharak on 22 Dec 2010 11:30:01
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2010 :  14:49:03  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asharak

quote:
Originally posted by Erdrick Stormedge

http://kingstears.tripod.com/downloads/OldEmpiresMay2003withbackground.pdf

There's a lot of good stuff, the timeline is at the end of the pdf.

Nice. Thanks for the link.

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

MalariaMoon
Learned Scribe

324 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2010 :  16:22:41  Show Profile  Visit MalariaMoon's Homepage Send MalariaMoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks from me too, there seems to be some pretty juicy stuff in this article - I'll certainly be including a few of those prestige classes, although the papyrus style background hurts my eyes!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000