Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Chult Jungles adventures
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  22:09:46  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I want to create a campaign in the chult Jungles, but I think in the third and second edition of FR exist few material. Are there more books that speak more about chult? If not I'll create my canpaign with third edition book's material. Do some of you try this? What you know about this to tell to me? Please, who can, help me...

"Gods protect children and drunks"

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  10:33:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Except for maybe the 2e accessory/adventure Jungles of Chult, and the write-ups in 2e boxed set, very little exists in the way of actual published information on this region. There are tibits in other sourcebooks, but no enough to really 'chew' on.

I really cannot help you with much canon information on this, as I took the Chultan region (in my own campaign) in the direction of being a Lizardman (not lizardfolk) dominated realm using the Warhammer Armies: Lizardmen tome, and a number of other sources (too long to list here). What I can tell you about my region, that may be of some interest to you, is that long before the great human tribe known as the Tabaxi inhabited the region that is today known as Chult, there existed an ancient and mysterious race of lizardmen simply known as the Children of Tlaxtacul. Their land was called Alustria, and they thrived in the steaming jungles of the region in vast and complex ziggurat temple-cities. The largest of these was Itxa Tlaxtacul, or in the common tongue City of Tlaxtacul.

So, you can pretty much see the direction I was taking with Chult. I also have some supplemental information that I developed on the Tabaxi, but it is only a few pages long. I can send you a summary if you like?.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  16:12:18  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, yes I'd like to receive a sumary. Please send to me.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  08:07:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great . Expect it within the next day or two.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000