Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Best Bioware, Black Isle or Obsidian games?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2011 :  16:22:31  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From that list, I've only played the BG, IWD, and NWN series. So I had to vote Baldur's Gate.

I have played several MMOs, but I'd still vote BG higher than any MMO that I've played. BG had real flair, something truly special.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2011 :  15:27:42  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sorry but i gotta vote for KOTOR 2. That was an amazing game. I played it like 3 times and did nt get bored.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  16:55:38  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't New Vegas a Bethesda game??

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  04:55:48  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

No. Fallout 3 was a Bethesda game but New Vegas was Obsidian.

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)

Edited by - Light on 19 Jan 2012 04:56:05
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  04:58:37  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't believe Jade Empire has no votes (then again, I didn't vote for it). Has anyone besides me played it?

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  14:20:01  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Light

quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

No. Fallout 3 was a Bethesda game but New Vegas was Obsidian.

Really?

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/home.php

Looks like Bethesda works with a bunch of sister companies to produce some games

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  16:34:24  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fallout 1 & 2 closely followed by BG I & II.
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2012 :  08:47:13  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2... No doubt!!!

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2012 :  19:17:23  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Of those listed, Fallout 3: New Vegas. By far. Knights of the Old Republic places in second, and Knights of the Old Republic II wraps up the bunch in a distant third.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 09 May 2012 19:18:10
Go to Top of Page

Captain Grafalcon
Learned Scribe

Brazil
129 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2012 :  18:12:53  Show Profile Send Captain Grafalcon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baldur“s Gate and Icewind dale 1 and 2 are classics.They have inspired a lot of other games. The fact that they are going to release and enhanced version of Baldur“s Gate proves the game“s influence. To me, Icewind 2 have the greatest soundtrack of all games!

"Surely you recognize that armies carrying banners are almost always thieves—until they win."
Jarlaxle, mercenary leader of Bregan D'aerthe.
Go to Top of Page

JohnnyGrognard
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2012 :  19:16:21  Show Profile Send JohnnyGrognard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree Gavinho. I played Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 quite a bit. But I loved the two Icewind Dale games. Reinforcing the barricades, repairing the walls, and slaying the orcs and goblins breaking through was just so awesome.

Door, Room, Monster, Treasure!
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  21:27:06  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i love 90% of the list

BG was a trend setter

NWN was a GAME CHANGER

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

Vaeldroth
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  17:33:00  Show Profile  Visit Vaeldroth's Homepage Send Vaeldroth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BG2 is it for me...just improved on a great thing in BG1.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  21:20:15  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That was a HIGHLY difficult vote, but I had to go with my original love: Baldur's Gate. So much history and nostalgia surround that game.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  21:22:14  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to mention Elminster graced his presence in the first Baldur's Gate game, and that was wonderful for me!

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  22:30:40  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baldur's Gate 2 with expansion has my vote.

The Fallout titles are great for their humor.
Jade Empire is alright, it is not what you usually expect from a fantasy RPG but it is alright.
Planescape:Torment is a gem and should be played atleast once.
NWN 1 and 2 are ok, though the plot of 2“s main game was predictable for me.
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 are decent though KOTOR2 on the Dark Side is great fun.
Icewind Dale 1 and 2 are hack&slay, inferior to the BG series but 2 i do consider better than 1.
Mass Effect 1 and 2 are good games, 2 even better than 1, just don“t mix them with 3, it is less good.
Dragon Age Origins is a great game, very true to sword and sorcery heritage, 2 was less overwhelming and forshadowed somehow the demise of Mass Effect 3.

Yes, Baldur's Gate gets the prize as BG2 with Throne of Bhaal deliver great atmosphere within the world of the Forgotten Realms.

The driving force in the multiverse is evil, for it forces good to act.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000