Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Most Liked Game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

jebeddo
Seeker

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  20:14:01  Show Profile  Visit jebeddo's Homepage Send jebeddo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
So, which of the following D&D electronic games do you like best?
(I know I haven't included some of the older ones such as Dungeon Hack and Ravenloft and such, but those weren't the most popular D&D games, at least in my opinion).

Choices:

Baldur''s Gate + Expansion
Baldur''s Gate 2 + Expansion
Forgotten Realms Gold Box (Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, etc.)
Neverwinter Nights + Expansions
Temple of Elemental Evil
Icewind Dale + Expansion
Icewind Dale 2
Eye of the Beholder Series
Pool of Radiance II: Ruins of Myth Drannor
The arcade D&D (The Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara)

(Anonymous Vote)

"Only half-orcs rush in where devas fear to tread."

Tanyn Midrain
Acolyte

Sweden
27 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  23:19:43  Show Profile  Visit Tanyn Midrain's Homepage Send Tanyn Midrain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about Planescape: Torment? Or maybe that one doesn't count since it takes place in Sigil etc ?
Go to Top of Page

jebeddo
Seeker

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2005 :  04:08:11  Show Profile  Visit jebeddo's Homepage Send jebeddo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My apologies, I am not familiar with the game, and so in my ignorance, failed to include it.

Go to Top of Page

The Blue Sorceress
Learned Scribe

107 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2005 :  06:46:53  Show Profile  Visit The Blue Sorceress's Homepage Send The Blue Sorceress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baldur's Gate II is my favorite, though its expansion should have been made its own game and expanded.

-Blue

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

I see your walrus and raise you a carpenter
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2005 :  07:53:09  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
D&D Dragonshards Beta is heck of a lot of fun. I just wish it were Forgotten Realms and not Eberron, I have no idea about anything that's going on. :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

jebeddo
Seeker

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2005 :  14:59:38  Show Profile  Visit jebeddo's Homepage Send jebeddo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, is Dragonshard out already?
Even so, I don't think my computer meets the minimum specs for it.

Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2005 :  23:09:49  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baldur's Gate 2 was by far my favorite.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

jebeddo
Seeker

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2005 :  01:17:31  Show Profile  Visit jebeddo's Homepage Send jebeddo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

Baldur's Gate 2 was by far my favorite.

And probably the favorite of a great deal many others. Despite the immersive story, the amusing character interactions, and a great deal of other goodies, I still favor the graphics and the modules of Neverwinter Nights.

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2005 :  03:33:43  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I put out a similar poll question, I think... was a while ago.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Sandergin
Acolyte

Poland
3 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  08:37:17  Show Profile  Visit Sandergin's Homepage Send Sandergin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If we talking about on-line cRpg's - the only option is of course Neverwinter Nights - I played this game many manyyyyy days and nights. It's the most amazing and fantastic thing for all rpg fans, who doesn't have many friends who are playing in rpg (that's me :P ). Some years ago I tried to play at some english server, but it's very difficult to play very good if you don't know some special words, or can't show your emotions by language - but it's very fun :]

As about "normal" cRpg's, in my opinion the best is first part of Baldur's Gate! The best from the saga, because of the climat, very good music, and "nice" look :P I don't like BG2 as much as the first one, because second part has got too much "developing technology" (?), you know what I mean, the whole world is too developed, very different than in BG! :P

Oh, Tanyn Midrain said what about Planescape Torment, huh, this game is very very good :P the story is huge, dialogs are very huge! The game is magnificiant :P But probably not for all cRpg's players...

em, that's all, thanks for listening ;] ...

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for you are with me.. You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies, You annoint my head with oil, my cup overflows, surely goodness and love will follow me.."
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2005 :  03:29:09  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I say the Pool of Radiance II-Ruins o Myth Drannor and the Icewind Dale game were among the best games I ever played.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

ode904
Learned Scribe

Finland
193 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  21:44:43  Show Profile Send ode904 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BG2 of course. The game fantastic. It's long, has many options, good musics. And Throne of Bhaal is the point on letter i!
Go to Top of Page

Grumpi
Acolyte

Bulgaria
6 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2005 :  19:04:51  Show Profile  Visit Grumpi's Homepage Send Grumpi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course Baldur's Gate I !!

Playing BG was a memorable experience, it change my life forever

Planescape:Torment is another great game, one of the best games ever.
Go to Top of Page

Eronthar Elvenkin
Acolyte

Turkey
11 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2005 :  06:36:52  Show Profile  Visit Eronthar Elvenkin's Homepage Send Eronthar Elvenkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NWN naturally.

Sharwyn, Aribeth, Valen, Deekin, Tomi and Dealen. I hope these are enough reasons

Freedom Prevails...
Go to Top of Page

Anthor The Unforgiver
Acolyte

Turkey
15 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2005 :  07:07:27  Show Profile  Visit Anthor The Unforgiver's Homepage Send Anthor The Unforgiver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I would prefer Baldur`s Gate II

The game is very huge and i like characters over there. Especially Minsc, Aerie, Keldorn and Korgan and of course my character

The gods may forgive you,
BUT I WON`T

My name is Anthoriavalas, but people call me Anthor.
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2005 :  16:17:27  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for NWN, just because it is so expansive, the game play is great and the stories are actually really good. Plus, it gives so familiarity with some places and people that makes the game feel like a great homecoming to Faerun!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  00:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The original SSI gold box game "Pool of Radiance" is not listed. Hands down, that is the best Forgotten Realms computer game of them all.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2005 :  04:43:20  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wanted to vote for both BG games but I voted for BG2 cause the engine is better and it's closer to 3E than BG1 is.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Sandhrune
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2005 :  05:44:06  Show Profile  Visit Sandhrune's Homepage Send Sandhrune a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really enjoyed playing demonstone...the whole hour it took me to beat it.
Go to Top of Page

The Twin Scimitars
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  02:33:17  Show Profile  Visit The Twin Scimitars's Homepage Send The Twin Scimitars a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im a little late in saying this but I think Planesape:Torment should be up there. It is perhaps the only RPG that complemented the players intelligence.

Endure, in enduring we grow strong.
-Dak'kon, Planescape Torment

Edited by - The Twin Scimitars on 20 Aug 2005 02:36:27
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  02:44:55  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The original BG is my favourite, and it will take something very special to make me change my mind on that one.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  10:55:07  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for the old gold box set for the foundation they set. I am finding it nearly impossible to decide if BG2 or NWN is better though. They ofcourse are my favourite. Though TORMENT might beat them, but I do not think it should be up on the poll because it is not a realms game.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2005 :  08:03:27  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade:

I voted for the old gold box set for the foundation they set. I am finding it nearly impossible to decide if BG2 or NWN is better though. They ofcourse are my favourite. Though TORMENT might beat them, but I do not think it should be up on the poll because it is not a realms game.
Neither is Temple of Elemental Evil, at best its generic D&D, at worst its Greyhawk all the way (as it should be). Planescape: Torment rocks, by the way, just to reiterate what eveyone else said. But I voted for BG II since, hands down, one of the best RPGs of its era or any other (and I am stacking it again the old text based classics too).

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmmpie"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General
Go to Top of Page

The Twin Scimitars
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2005 :  01:20:16  Show Profile  Visit The Twin Scimitars's Homepage Send The Twin Scimitars a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had Planescape:Torment for 3 years and I still havent beaten. Every time a get really far and get near to the end I do something incredibly stupid and have to start over, then I get disentrested for a couple months then come back and the exact same thing over again.

Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2005 :  02:13:41  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Twin Schimitars:

I've had Planescape:Torment for 3 years and I still havent beaten. Every time a get really far and get near to the end I do something incredibly stupid and have to start over, then I get disentrested for a couple months then come back and the exact same thing over again.
You really should try and beat it again. It's a fantastic game with an excellent story and fantastic ending. The story is probably one of the single best ever used in a computer RPG and it has the virtue of being a Planescape CRPG (the only Planescape CRPG), which earns it a place in my heart.

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmmpie"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General
Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2005 :  08:37:12  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Twin Scimitars

Make use of saves?
Go to Top of Page

The Twin Scimitars
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2005 :  02:00:29  Show Profile  Visit The Twin Scimitars's Homepage Send The Twin Scimitars a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the storyline and I will try again to beat it. I loved being Mazed its so fun unless its your first time. It took me 30 minutes to figure out how to get out there.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2005 :  02:12:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Twin Scimitars

I loved being Mazed its so fun unless its your first time.
Hehe... I like this especially, since, in the RPG itself... being mazed by Her Serenity is not something you are supposed to love .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Twin Scimitars
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2005 :  03:38:07  Show Profile  Visit The Twin Scimitars's Homepage Send The Twin Scimitars a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All I did was become an alcolyte for some priest in the Alley of Somethin or Other and she mazed me. And Iv'e been in love with it ever since.

Go to Top of Page

heeroy
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  17:30:47  Show Profile  Visit heeroy's Homepage Send heeroy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find Planescape utterly radical, very refreshing and interesting! But I vote for Baldur's Gate 2. It's still so good and no other D&D game I've ever played comes close. I've replayed and completed it so many times, and it still amazes me.

It's such a terrible waste WoTC doesn't come up with a sequel to Baldur's Gate 2.
And I'm so sick of Neverwinter Nights... I hate 3D.

Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  18:42:24  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by heeroy

I find Planescape utterly radical, very refreshing and interesting! But I vote for Baldur's Gate 2. It's still so good and no other D&D game I've ever played comes close. I've replayed and completed it so many times, and it still amazes me.

It's such a terrible waste WoTC doesn't come up with a sequel to Baldur's Gate 2.
And I'm so sick of Neverwinter Nights... I hate 3D.

Same thing here. 3D somehow wasn`t as good as 2D.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000