Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 [KQ] Slightly More Scribing (Historical Steel)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2010 :  20:34:03  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Slightly more horn tooting, folks.

As a semi-related followup to my KQ #15 magazine article, I have a new series starting on the Kobold Quarterly blog:

Historical Steel #1: The Haft of It

Take a look and tell me what you think.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2010 :  07:24:42  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good article...
Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2010 :  19:01:52  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, an excellent article. I'm looking forward to see more. I do have one qustion, and that is your source for this information. Are you using a single sourcebook, or do you have an extensive library on pre-gun powder weapons?
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2010 :  20:47:48  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Halidan

Indeed, an excellent article. I'm looking forward to see more. I do have one qustion, and that is your source for this information. Are you using a single sourcebook, or do you have an extensive library on pre-gun powder weapons?

While my family does have a military history library larger than most small-town libraries, I do have a pile of a dozen books from my alma mater's research library sitting next to me.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2010 :  20:50:26  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daviot

While my family does have a military history library larger than most small-town libraries, I do have a pile of a dozen books from my alma mater's research library sitting next to me.

It's always nice to hear that someone else has an addiction simular to your own. I have three bookcases devoted to medieval life and another two devoted to military from the dark ages to the Napoleonic wars. My wife thinks I'm obsessed, but I prefer to think of it as being well informed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000