Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Netheril Trilogy
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ruul
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2010 :  14:19:07  Show Profile  Visit Ruul's Homepage Send Ruul a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
A few months ago, someone posted that they wished to find the complete trilogy, but people always sold it way overpriced on Ebay. Well check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Forgotten-Realms-Arcane-Age-NETHERIL-TRILOGY-C-Emery-/380286185026?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item588ad2ae42

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2010 :  16:26:42  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG! Thank you, just bought all 16 Harper book, 3 anthologies, the 5 Cleric Quintet and the Netheril trilogy for 50 bucks!
Go to Top of Page

Ruul
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2010 :  18:23:44  Show Profile  Visit Ruul's Homepage Send Ruul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad I could help. =)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2010 :  04:17:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan

OMG! Thank you, just bought all 16 Harper book, 3 anthologies, the 5 Cleric Quintet and the Netheril trilogy for 50 bucks!

Good deal!

I got lucky replacing Realms novels, myself. I found a lot of them -- plus the Spelljammer books and most of the Dark Sun novels -- in just two reasonably-prices lots on eBay.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2010 :  04:25:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan

Good deal!

I got lucky replacing Realms novels, myself. I found a lot of them -- plus the Spelljammer books and most of the Dark Sun novels -- in just two reasonably-prices lots on eBay.

I've found the SPELLJAMMER novels are often the most expensive -- especially those parts by noted authors like Elaine Cunningham. They regularly appear more pricey than those by Nigel Findley, for example.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2010 :  09:46:45  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My friend said he bought The Netheril trilogy at $2 in eBay. I don't know if he was only joking.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2010 :  16:15:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

My friend said he bought The Netheril trilogy at $2 in eBay. I don't know if he was only joking.

It's possible... I think I replaced that trilogy for under $15 -- mint copies, too.

Sometimes I see stuff on there go for a lot less than it does at other times. I've seen someone give $100 to get their hands on the complete Double Diamond Triangle Saga -- and I've gotten it for under $20. When I was replacing all of my stuff, I had a hard time finding Dungeon of Death or the Villains' Lorebook, but as soon as I bought them, they started popping up more frequently.

And though they often go for well over their original cover price, I've managed to get like new copies of almost all of the Iron Kingdoms stuff, for under the original cover price.

What's best is when someone doesn't really know what they have -- like when I bid a few months ago on some FR map I didn't recognize, only to find out when it arrived that it was the "What is the Forgotten Realms, Anyway?" promo thing I'd been trying to find for years.

eBay has been referred to as a world-wide garage sale. And that's truly what it's like. There's way overpriced stuff (like someone asking for $250 for the complete Double Diamond Triangle Saga) and then there's some serious bargains (like someone offering the same books as a "9bk forgotten realms lot" which I scored for under $20). Sometimes you have to jump on what you find, sometimes you just have to wait for another chance.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2010 :  23:41:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I've seen someone give $100 to get their hands on the complete Double Diamond Triangle Saga -- and I've gotten it for under $20.
Hmmm. That actually reminds me...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2010 :  00:34:44  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, Wooly, that's a lot of stuff for a very low price. I might consider buying books from eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2010 :  03:11:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Wow, Wooly, that's a lot of stuff for a very low price. I might consider buying books from eBay.

It can be hit or miss. It's at least worth watching, to see what pops up.

Myself, I mostly use eBay to either get stuff I can't readily find in the US (like shitajiki) or to save money on stuff I want, but that I don't want to spend full price on (like a lot of D&D stuff). I've also used it on occasion to track down hard to find or OOP stuff, like my Love Hina figures or the plastic Nerds candy containers from back in the 80s.

Go to Top of Page

Sandro
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
266 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2010 :  06:19:58  Show Profile Send Sandro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This now seems oddly appropriate.

"Gods, little fishes, and spells to turn the one to the other," Mordenkainen sighed. "It's started already..."
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2010 :  06:37:36  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love the cat firing a sniper.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2010 :  07:01:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did a research paper on eBay about a month before that album came out... If the timing had been better, I would have had those lyrics scattered throughout the paper!

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2010 :  15:11:06  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandro

This now seems oddly appropriate.

The 'crap' part sounds fitting, too.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page