Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Druidic convergence
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ralderick Hallowshaw
Acolyte

Italy
36 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2010 :  17:35:07  Show Profile  Visit Ralderick Hallowshaw's Homepage Send Ralderick Hallowshaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met fellow scribes,
according to the subject, I have a question concerning this particular rite (described in MoF p. 49) which takes place on the shores of the Lake of Steam during the Feast of the Moon.

Is this rite described or cited elsewhere in canon lore?

Is it Lake of Steam-specific?

Does it deal with different faiths related to druids (like Silvanus, Mielikki, Malar, etc...)?

The description suggest a mix of hunt, visions and metamorphosis, which represents, to me, a good cue for adventures.

Can anyone tell me more?

"Adventurers are best used to slay monsters. Sooner or later, they become your worst monsters, and you have to hire new ones to do the obvious thing" - Ralderick Hallowshaw, Jester - from To Rule A Realm, From Turret To Midden, published circa The Year of the Bloodbird

And forgive me for my bad use of English language!

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2010 :  13:33:38  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall off hand reading about it elsewhere. But definately you can use it as a hook for an adventure regardless of faith (you can put in different tweaks based on the specific deity the character worships, with more hunt for a druid of Malar for example). If it's for your campaign and there is a Druid PC, find a way to make incorporate the whole group into participating in the rite.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2010 :  13:49:35  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall off hand reading about it elsewhere. But definately you can use it as a hook for an adventure regardless of faith (you can put in different tweaks based on the specific deity the character worships, with more hunt for a druid of Malar for example). If it's for your campaign and there is a Druid PC, find a way to make incorporate the whole group into participating in the rite.

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2010 :  13:51:05  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000