Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Meeting
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  12:31:05  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Perth

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  13:12:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent...

I'll contact you with some details soon.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  13:21:02  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't hardly wait

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  18:28:30  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Excellent...

Uh oh . . . watch out for bearded old sages, Lina, they can be tricky!

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  22:58:28  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it is great that my adopted daughter is going to join sages
group.Oh yeah,I forgot to tell Lina that I adopted her.
Take care of her Sage and teach her everything you know.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  23:03:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations to you both!
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2003 :  21:29:24  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, who all is planning on coming to gencon Indianapolis, in 2004?

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  04:55:07  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

I think it is great that my adopted daughter is going to join sages
group.Oh yeah,I forgot to tell Lina that I adopted her.
Take care of her Sage and teach her everything you know.

You certain you want him to do that?

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  05:13:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen'...

Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  07:44:40  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
im so jealous....!!!

I was totally saying in the munchies thread that Sage's home games look awesome. sigh.

Sage wouldn't want me at his home games afterall. South Africans and Australians = not mix, specially now after the world cup. Rugby is a national swear word now what a terrible performance. Sage, can I move to your country?

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  07:56:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are always welcome here MuadDib. I have plenty of room in my home for 'guests'. I'll just have to ask my girl-friend (nicely of course ) if she wouldn't mind vacating her room, so that I can have a few gaming friends stay over .

As for the World Cup, well...I do not really follow 'Sports' (sports-worship is like a religion in this country) - since I'd rather read a novel, than watch a football game - so I really cannot comment on what you are saying. In fact the only thing you could say that I know about this 'World Cup' thing, is that it is here in Australia...the advertisements have been nearly non-stop.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  08:17:14  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
South African? I thought you grew up in the UAE. (No reason, just an assumption.)

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  08:22:31  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

'Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen'...

Lina can probably take care of herself,I am not worried anyway.
I believe Sage will be a positive influence.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  08:25:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh well...I was hoping someone would realise where that quote came from...

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  08:32:52  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, come now, Sage. Do you think there's a single 'Keeper who doesn't recognize that one?

As for sports, I hadn't even known there was a world cup going on, for anything. Part of that would be the usual American isolationism (that don't-care-about-anything-outside-of-the-US-unless-it-directly-affects-our-lives attitude), but mostly it would be because I tend to zone out when the sports report comes on. And the sports page is probably the least read section of the newspaper in this house . . . .

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  08:38:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can agree with that. In fact, the only really good thing about the 'sports' pages in my house, is it's ability to be used as bird cage lining .

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  08:45:06  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No birds, but I've got a nice stone fireplace that gets me all warm and toasty, and since the sports pages light up so fast, I don't have to look at them anymore.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  08:49:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good point. With bird cage lining, you are still exposed to the 'sports' information pages every time you look into the cage...at least for a while anyway....

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  09:10:10  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now, sometimes skill will come into play, and my interest overcomes my boredom. (I've often said that I'm interested in everything; it's just sometimes I get too bored with a subject.) That's why I like figure skating; some people [cough]Mournblade[/cough] say that it's too much like dancing. I see it as a wonderful combination of skill and asthetic beauty.

Now, if they just had fencing, martial arts, and chess on those things, I could get used to it. There's something I'd like to see in instant replay.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  09:45:51  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Now, sometimes skill will come into play, and my interest overcomes my boredom. (I've often said that I'm interested in everything; it's just sometimes I get too bored with a subject.) That's why I like figure skating; some people [cough]Mournblade[/cough] say that it's too much like dancing. I see it as a wonderful combination of skill and asthetic beauty.

Now, if they just had fencing, martial arts, and chess on those things, I could get used to it. There's something I'd like to see in instant replay.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I can see the figure skating fencing and the martail arts would be wicked but how would they play chess?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  11:17:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Australian State and National Chess Tournaments are played on public access national television here, every year. I should know, because I was in the State finals....

As for fencing displays, well...yes, that is something I could get used to as well, although martial arts just isn't what I am looking for - I prefer strategy and tactics (chess), rather than raw displays of physical prowess (martial arts). I guess that is why I like wargaming so much...

Edited by - The Sage on 26 Oct 2003 11:18:24
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  12:25:56  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I can perfectly take care of myself, you don't have to worry about that *does a karate kick*

Yes I'm so lovable that William has adopted me, along with my other "mums".

-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2003 :  05:16:43  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, martial arts -- the real kind, not just trained brawling -- are just like fencing. Just no pointy bits involved. Unfortunately, there's the same problem involved. Unless you're using a choreographed fight, the action is too hard to follow, since the camera doesn't know where to point itself until it's done. That's when you'd have to watch it in slow-motion -- unless you know enough about it to follow the action.

Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2003 :  05:58:19  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have actually only been in the UAE for 5 months, still very new here.

Am a home bread proud to be born farmer from SA, where rugby, as Sage said, is like a religion. Im not a huge sports fan, whole family is though, so keep my eye on the news.

We really should organise some sort of meeting. I mean it would be so awesome. Who of us here are the globetrotters? Kind of makes you wish we were living in our novels, where one could simlpy pack up and leave as you wish. Adventure the realms as it were. No BS about passport control and all that.

-sigh-

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2003 :  07:22:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MuadDib said -
quote:
We really should organise some sort of meeting. I mean it would be so awesome. Who of us here are the globetrotters? Kind of makes you wish we were living in our novels, where one could simlpy pack up and leave as you wish. Adventure the realms as it were. No BS about passport control and all that.

Well, I am not a 'globetrotter' in the traditional sense of the word, but I have travelled to several other countries from time to time, either as a holiday or as part of my job.

As for Passports, well no, they really wouln't be a factor in Faerun, but we do know that several kingdoms and realms have strict laws for visitors and immigrants journeying into their domains. Cormyr for example, and Zhentil Keep. While a passport is not required, the visitors do have to obey and observe several customs and laws in order to remain within the realms limits.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2003 :  14:44:02  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Actually, martial arts -- the real kind, not just trained brawling -- are just like fencing. Just no pointy bits involved. Unfortunately, there's the same problem involved. Unless you're using a choreographed fight, the action is too hard to follow, since the camera doesn't know where to point itself until it's done. That's when you'd have to watch it in slow-motion -- unless you know enough about it to follow the action.

William:
I am just a trained brawler then,the fancy stuff is pretty to watch but it will just get you hurt on the street.The only one that can get away with these fancy stunts is Ninjae, The Little Ninja.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lina Said~
quote:
Yes I can perfectly take care of myself, you don't have to worry about that *does a karate kick*

William:Thats my girl,Did anybody else hear the snap in that kick.

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  11:22:02  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

quote:

William:
I am just a trained brawler then,the fancy stuff is pretty to watch but it will just get you hurt on the street.The only one that can get away with these fancy stunts is Ninjae, The Little Ninja.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lina Said~
quote:

William:Thats my girl,Did anybody else hear the snap in that kick.

well i dont know much about martial arts and all that. just basic girly stuff. But learning it could be useful.

I'm not really a globetrotter myself, just like to travel. Unlike one of my cousins who quit their job and went backpacking around europe for a year. Thats what you'd call a globetrotter.

-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Bayne
Seeker

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  12:25:35  Show Profile  Visit Bayne's Homepage Send Bayne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, indeed. It certainly would be nice. Unfortunately, I doubt my meger purse could handle the cost of travel (from DC) or lodging, much less both . . . .

I live in the dc area, as well, and doubt i could make the travel, but im getting a job soon (finally!!!), and hope i can make it...I'll tell my friends about it too.

Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elyhinn dal lil alust
Go to Top of Page

Bayne
Seeker

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  12:35:00  Show Profile  Visit Bayne's Homepage Send Bayne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Australian State and National Chess Tournaments are played on public access national television here, every year. I should know, because I was in the State finals....

As for fencing displays, well...yes, that is something I could get used to as well, although martial arts just isn't what I am looking for - I prefer strategy and tactics (chess), rather than raw displays of physical prowess (martial arts). I guess that is why I like wargaming so much...

I should take offense to that, being a martial artist, but I won't...
But I will make a note of this opinion, and try not to talk about martial arts that much in the future, seeing as how it is received here.

Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elyhinn dal lil alust

Edited by - Bayne on 04 Nov 2003 12:38:11
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  20:15:42  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bayne

I should take offense to that, being a martial artist, but I won't...
But I will make a note of this opinion, and try not to talk about martial arts that much in the future, seeing as how it is received here.

Nah dont take offense Bayne, im a martial artist too but im sure Sage meant nothing of it 'cos if he did ill have to run him thru with my samaurai sword

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000