Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Who or what is your all time Favorite
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  01:57:15  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Mine is Tempus blackthorne(from the avatars he was the servant of Bane) he is and Malik is of course. They are the mine favorit.
And i just say who i hate the most to evrybodey in the harpers i hate them and That stupid elf from the shade trilogi

Edited by - Alaundo on 13 Oct 2003 09:11:02

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  17:42:27  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't get why you hate these poor Harpers they are just a bunch of righteous, good hearted, free and dedicated people. That can be the reason, I suppose
My favourite villian is Jarlaxle (drizzt series as everybody know). He is bald but noone is flawless.
My hated foes are Red Wizards, I m gonna kill all of them(there are no borders of hate)Just met one in Baldur's gate and I killed him. No I don't regret.

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  04:42:03  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Danilo Thann.

(Anybody know the 3e stats for him or Arilyn? Can't find them. )

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  15:46:14  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And just who are he ????
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  16:49:02  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

And just who are he ????

http://forgotten.encyclo1.free.fr/Forgotten/Pages/Heros/danilo-thann.htm Also read Elfshadow #2 of The Harpers Series.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  22:07:04  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like Danilo but he is a snob(is it the right term)I like Elaith much more they are in different paths but ýdont bother

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  03:18:01  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's not a snob -- his 'uncle' Khelban might fit that, but not Danilo. A snob looks down on everyone he considers 'lower' than he is. In reality, Danilo is a dandy. Granted, a deliberate dandy -- it's an image he projects to hide his true capibilities.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  03:27:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would probably have to agree with the Bookwyrm, and say Danilo Thann.

The reason, well besides what the Bookwyrm has already said about Thann's 'dandy-ism', I would also add that his outlook on things, personality traits and characteristics remind me a lot of how I interact with 'most' of the outside world.

Plus, my choice for my profile quote was inspired by thoughts about Thann's character .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  04:22:43  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. I never thought of that one for Danilo, but I suppose it fits. Of course, he doesn't actually want to be alone, I don't think. But as an unnamed wise man/woman said, "I didn't say I wanted to be alone. I said I wanted to be left alone. There's a difference."

Considering that Danilo is a much better wizard and bard than he tries to appear, you could say he's trying to look useless. And he certainly succeeds, which is why I like him. I wouldn't want to be an Elminster or Khelban, or an Einstein or Hawking. I wouldn't be able to stand being famous like that. But I don't think I'd be able to stand being thought of as a useless dandy, either. Not the way Danilo does it.

Too bad he's fictional; he'd make a great role model.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  05:00:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a good point Bookwyrm.

Perceptions and appearances are tricky cultural facets indeed...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 13 Oct 2003 05:00:54
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  09:28:34  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He has 18 int and he is acting like a fool in order to cover his harper identity better. and being dandy(thanks for correction) is a part of the role he plays but I think that he actually enjoys being a dandy, he enjoys his life styles both undercover harper and lord of waterdeep life and also his empty headed party dude life.
For me its like going to expensive clubs and wearing famous names and acting like a fool all night and day as our generation next slobs(ý think now ý used right) do. Eventhough I like Danilo, I cannot say I appreciate his normal life style.But it s only my humble idea.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  17:11:19  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He was only a Lord of Waterdeep for a short time, I believe. I'm pretty sure he gave that up before the Archmages trilogy . . . .

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  17:16:57  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really? does Khelben return?

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  06:51:18  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would have to be Drizzt. No other character has made me as hungry for more of their adventures than he has.

originally posted by Cyric
quote:
And i just say who i hate the most to evrybodey in the harpers i hate them

Cyric - I'd be careful about speaking openly your true feelings concerning Those who Harp.
You never know, who of those present, might actually be one.

originally posted by Jander Sunstar
quote:
I don't get why you hate these poor Harpers they are just a bunch of righteous, good hearted, free and dedicated people. That can be the reason, I suppose

Jander - I'll take that as a compliment, thank you very much.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  21:58:59  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chembryl definately. No need to explain here.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  23:23:35  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

It would have to be Drizzt. No other character has made me as hungry for more of their adventures than he has.

originally posted by Cyric
quote:
And i just say who i hate the most to evrybodey in the harpers i hate them

Cyric - I'd be careful about speaking openly your true feelings concerning Those who Harp.
You never know, who of those present, might actually be one.

originally posted by Jander Sunstar
quote:

Jander - I'll take that as a compliment, thank you very much.

William:
Glad to see ya back,your working too hard.Not many here who side with those that Harp (not openly)so we need all the help we can get.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  08:12:46  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suppose my all time fave character, the one who stands above the rest would have to be....
Tertius Wands, Member of the famous and noble Wands family and the the only one of said family without even a hint of magic abillity. A lazy, do nothing slacker with a powerful family that won't leave him alone and his own personal Jinni ( or Genie... or are they separate races in D&D?). But he's a close call with Wiglaf Evertongue, like em both but Tertius a little more... I just like hapless heroes.

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  13:05:46  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
why do you like him a good for nothing that dosent make sens ????
And i belive that Jinni and Genie are separetet races one water and the other air i might be wrong tough.And could you show me a page in english abut him not french god Whiliam of waterdeep

Edited by - Cyric on 19 Oct 2003 13:08:20
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  15:52:01  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

why do you like him a good for nothing that dosent make sens ????
And i belive that Jinni and Genie are separetet races one water and the other air i might be wrong tough.And could you show me a page in english abut him not french god Whiliam of waterdeep

Sorry,I had it translated before I read it.
http://www.prespos.crosswinds.net/FR1.who.htm*Look under T
for Thann.*
http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0108c&L=realms-l&F=&S=&P=16467

Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  16:24:38  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually to me ( if ye be speakin' ta me) it makes quite alot of sense.... although I have been told by almost everyone I've met in my so far long life, that alot of what I say or do don't make alot of sense. But I understand that the line between maddness and genius is very fine, not all can comprehend the divinity that is me. There is a method to my maddness, to hate just on the principal, to like for no other reason except to like in itself, to me, that make perfect sense. The ideas and reasons I follow are up to fate, destiny, chance, luck, and fortune. Free of all biased opinion and thought. Never generalize but treat each thing as a seperate and unique experience or entity. The nature of chaos, for it is within chaos that we advance. I base everything upon a new decision. ( Believe me, my law 12 class was ALOT of fun because I'd keep jumping to a new side on every debate). Umm let see I for got where I was going with this... OH! Right, the reasons I like Tertius Wands is because... well i don't know, I just Do
* Gets off soapbox* I know it's strange... even what I just said... I don't even like change or chaos... but We can only play the hand fate dealt us... of course that doesn't really count with all the aces up my sleeve

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown

Edited by - The Cardinal on 19 Oct 2003 16:43:57
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  19:10:30  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cardinal Deimos

Actually to me ( if ye be speakin' ta me) it makes quite alot of sense.... although I have been told by almost everyone I've met in my so far long life, that alot of what I say or do don't make alot of sense. But I understand that the line between maddness and genius is very fine, not all can comprehend the divinity that is me. There is a method to my maddness, to hate just on the principal, to like for no other reason except to like in itself, to me, that make perfect sense. The ideas and reasons I follow are up to fate, destiny, chance, luck, and fortune. Free of all biased opinion and thought. Never generalize but treat each thing as a seperate and unique experience or entity. The nature of chaos, for it is within chaos that we advance. I base everything upon a new decision. ( Believe me, my law 12 class was ALOT of fun because I'd keep jumping to a new side on every debate). Umm let see I for got where I was going with this... OH! Right, the reasons I like Tertius Wands is because... well i don't know, I just Do
* Gets off soapbox* I know it's strange... even what I just said... I don't even like change or chaos... but We can only play the hand fate dealt us... of course that doesn't really count with all the aces up my sleeve

Although some may disagree with me.

Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  20:11:37  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is nothing wrong with being insane, just as that i said for is not the black sun god of madnes
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  20:55:30  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, but Cyric is no longer mad ( well more or less). And I've asked and as far as anyone's heard no deity has claimed a maddness or even an insanity portfolio. Which is good news for me.. I'll simply claim Insanity, and Corruption ( since Moander is dead).. maybe add the Sun as well ( since Amunator don't need it where he is) and Steal power from Ulutiu ( he's slumbering so...)... Yes Cyric I am a man with a plan.. a great plan and I will stand beside the great Cyric as a equal, and ally... then cast the fool from his throne and claim it as my own
SUCH WONDERFUL PLANS!!! MWA HA HA HA!!

-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  21:10:45  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i think steal your plan exept for Corruption and dont like souch things and Cyric has Insanity since Insanity and madnes are they same and i just steal lojalty from torm and war from tempus and serv Cyric wahhahahaahahhahahahahahaand
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  21:17:04  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To put your faith in cyric only proves the magnatude of your folly. If you are weak but hold many protfolios and choose to serve the black sun he will trick you, consume you and leave you in oblivion.

-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  00:38:32  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cyric,you hate all the good and trust all the evil.Those you trust in
would slit your throat in a New York minute if you got in the way.

Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  16:43:13  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cyric would not kill his servant, and a maseter who kills his own in that matter are not worthey, but Cyric would not do souch things
Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  20:44:32  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cyric would not kill his servant, and a maseter who kills his own in that matter are not worthey, but Cyric would not do souch things

Altogether now: Hahahahahahahahaha!
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  22:03:45  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He can even kill himself. Actually his megalomania can cause his malfunctioned mind process evaluates the posibilities of being the almighty of fearun. But he will realize after his defeats this cannot be done. So, dissapointed by his neverending failures his situation becomes worse he will start to destroy everything under his thumb. Then he only way to escape from the pain of severe dissapoitment would be death. Suicide to confront his illness.
But if he takes 2 valiums once morning once before bed and of course attends a therapy he can be fine.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  23:51:03  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lowtech

quote:

Altogether now: Hahahahahahahahaha!

I Hahahahahahahaha agree.He wouldn't do it,he would bless someone else for doing it though.

Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  07:20:05  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I disagree Will, Cyric would willingly blast one or more of his own minions in a blatant misuse of power... Cyric is not Mad nor Insane for to say he is is a insult to the Mad and Insane everywhere. He's merely.... thoughtless... yes and careless. Tis odd, looking back at a few of mine and Cyric's posts... We find such common ground yet be on opposite sides at the same instant.... Oh well. I Repeat that following Cyric willingly will only lead to one's own destruction, since he allows none above him... Pretty much the same reason I don't Follow Shar. Agree totally with Sharian thought EXCEPT that one cannot ( is not supposed to anyways) strive to better their lot.

-Unknown
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000