Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Shandalar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GazzaM
Acolyte

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  00:48:20  Show Profile  Visit GazzaM's Homepage Send GazzaM a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know what happened to this mage ? (Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast) Is he still kicking around ?

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  01:13:04  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you referring to the troublemaker Volothamp Goddarn or the even worse troublemaker Marco Volo (Marcus Wands)?

fwiw - I haven't seen either Volo since about 1996, it appears that WotC chose to abandon or retire "Volo" completely. Neither of these two characters seems likely to have survived more than a few years, let alone more than a century (3e/4e realms setting). If Wizbro has the rights to Volo then the character(s) could return from hiding, imprisonment, or an "unbelievable" voyage any time and any place in subsequent realms canon. I could be wrong.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 13 Oct 2010 01:19:24
Go to Top of Page

GazzaM
Acolyte

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  01:50:11  Show Profile  Visit GazzaM's Homepage Send GazzaM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woops, sorry, Im referring to Shandalar, the mage mentioned in Volos Guide to the Sword Coast
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  05:43:56  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My googles show Shandalar is possibly a resident of a place called Ulgoth's Beard (somewhere near Baldur's Gate, apparently), but information is a bit sketchy.

It's hard to learn more because "Shandalar" is somehow important in several other (WotC, MicroProse, Hasbro) games.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  12:55:28  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed Greenwood provided a significant amount of realmslore about Shandalar when discussing Ulgoth's Beard here at the Keep in the Chamber of Sages a few years back.

One of the more adept acolytes here, will no doubt be along directly to provide a link.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2010 :  04:45:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1901&whichpage=44

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

bladeinAmn
Learned Scribe

199 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2010 :  06:53:43  Show Profile  Visit bladeinAmn's Homepage Send bladeinAmn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now this is juss awsome! I juss finished writing up some minor adventures involving Shandalar some days ago, yet never thinking to do a google search about'em!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000