Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Reclaming Myth Drannor
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Weyr
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  01:22:50  Show Profile  Visit Weyr's Homepage Send Weyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
After running Curse of Azure Bonds, my party has an invested interest in reclaiming the town, pre-ToT--And I need some inspiration.

The party consists of:

A drow Fighter/Cleric of Eilistraee (CN)
A gnome illusionist (LN)

Both are level ten. They took up residence in Labelas Enoreth's temple in 1356, and have maintained a small stronghold there. We will likely have two additional characters joining as well, though this has yet to be confirmed.

As far as the end results of Azure Bonds go:
- Mogion/Moander were destroyed.
- Party helped Fzoul: Orox escaped, central eye and multiple stalks destroyed.
- Dracandoros was slain, and only one blue dragon escaped alive.
- Radatha and a small portion of the Knives were killed.

I had a few ideas so far--one of which involved sending the party back a mere tenday before the Weeping War via time gates or rifts. I also plan to have Shar cast a temporary darkness over the majority of Faerun (if not Toril..perhaps in some gambit for power over Selune and the sun gods--say, the Infinite Staircase?)

I can come up with some plot hooks, but I think my main problem is focusing into one cohesive, coherent plot line.

Edited by - Weyr on 07 Oct 2010 02:25:50

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  18:35:14  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When Shar does her thing they get sent Myth Drannor to recover the Dawnstone in order to thwart her.

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  22:54:01  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if your player characters are intent on reclaiming Myth Drannor, that's a pretty plot line already.

The advantage of trying to reclaim Myth Drannor, from a DM's point of view, is that it's basically a warzone with dozens of outfits trying to grab it. A lot of the time, your PCs will probably be raiding (an opportunity to plonk in just about any dungeon from just about any adventures) or defending their holdings against competing raiders & monsters. They'll make progress (or not).

What I would do, is put a list together of "critical hits" (sites or plot points that will make their plan progress; e.g., kill the chieftain of the Crimson Fangs hobgoblin tribe will make the Fangs less of a force). You see what I mean. For instance, their trip back to the Weeping War might yield them precious intelligence (perhaps a full map of the city, including some lesser known secret passages)?

Not sure about the Shar thing, though - how would you expect the PCs to resolve the issue?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000