Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Arduin
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2010 :  05:40:17  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I really didn't know where to post this scroll; we need an area for "worlds other than the Realms" in CK 2.0, Sage.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not the original Arduin Grimoire and its follow-up products are available legally in PDF format anywhere. They're so collectible that I don't even want to think about looking for DTEs...

Thanks!

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2010 :  06:09:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think so. In fact, the last I heard on this... was a lingering legal issue* that prevented most of the content from being converted to PDF.

* -- I'm not entirely sure about the specifics of the legal issue. Only that it was a major stumbling block in the case for electronic distribution.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2010 :  17:02:43  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ugh. Well, thanks for the info anyway... hopefully we'll see this issue settled soon.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2010 :  06:03:19  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Update... I've since found and purchased the Arduin Trilogy hardcover at www.nobleknight.com; there's some FRPG gold in there, well worth the $40 cover price ($50 CDN after shipping).

Consider this issue resolved, but I'm still interested in PDF distribution if it ever happens, largely because it may be the only way to get the fourth and later volumes in this series.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000