Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 FR Published Adventures by location and timeline
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2010 :  14:39:12  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Here is a list I've compiled of published realms adventures (not counting the 4E or Dragon/Dungeon magazine adventures....yet...)...with the adventure name and/or sourcebook, where it occurs, and when it occurs....some information is vague due to me unable to find the exact info (from the adventure background info area, etc...). Any corrections, please reply. I hope to use this to sort adventures by location and time to do the perfect playing order (adventures adapted to whichever edition).

Adventure Starting Location Time

Treausre Hunt Sea of Swords Pre-ToT
Under Illefarn Sword Coast (Daggerford) Pre-ToT
Halls of the High King Moonshae Isles 1359DR

Nightmare Keep Veilstone Peaks (N-W of Cormyr) Post ToT

Swords of the Iron Legion Turmish Post ToT

Ruins of Adventure Phlan Pre-ToT
Curse of the Azure Bonds Moonsea/Cormyr/Dales 1359DR

Lords of Darkness VARIOUS ANY

Desert of Desolation Raurin Desert Pre-ToT

Doom of Daggerdale Daggerdale 1368DR???

Hordes of Dragonspear Sword Coast 1363DR

The Haunted Halls of Eveningstar Eveningstar (Cormyr) Early Post ToT
The Jungles of Chult Chult Post ToT

Book of Lairs VARIOUS (adaptable) ANY

For Duty and Deity Athkatla (Amn) Marpenoth 1370DR

Four fromCormyr Cormyr (Purple Dragon border station) 1369DR

Hellgate Keep The North (near Turlang?) Spring 1370DR
The Dungeon of Death The North (near Neverwinter) 1370DR

Castle Spulzeer Eshpurta (Amn) 1370DR??

The Accursed Tower Icewind Dale (staring in Luskan) Tarsakh 1369DR

The Wyrmskull Throne Sea of Fallen Stars Post ToT

Kidnapped Raven's Bluff Post ToT

Into the Dragon's Lair Cormyr (Arabel) 137?DR

The Shattered Statue Cormyr (Suzail) Pre-ToT

Pool of Radiance:Attack on Myth Drannor Cormanthor 1369DR

City of the Spider Queen Dalelands 27 Marpenoth 1372DR to 25 Alturiak 1373DR

Sons of Gruumsh Moonsea (Melvaunt) circ. 1372-1373DR

TSR Jam Village of Volkumburgh 136?DR

The Twilight Tomb Unapproachable East circ. 1372-1373DR

Living City Series Raven't Bluff Post ToT

Marco Volo Trilogy Waterdeep TO Shadowdale Post ToT

FRCS 2E - Beneath the Twisted Tower Shadowdale 1367DR
The Sword of the Dales Dalelands 1367 or 1368DR
The Secret of Spiderhaunt Dalelands 1367 or 1368DR
The Return of Randal Morn Dalelands 1367 or 1368DR
Ruins of Zhentil Keep (Various) Shadowdale 1st 1369DR

FRCS 3E - The Color of Ambition Red Wizard Enclave in a small town 1372DR

FRCS 3E - Green Bones Green Dragon Lair (Any Forest) 1372DR

Draconomicon - The Millenium Dragon Unther pre-1367DR

Draconomicon - Invitation to a Robbery Swamp Kuratorn (ANYWHERE) pre-1367DR

Draconomicon - The Servants of the Verdant Cloud Elvenwoods (start in Shadowdale) pre-1367DR

Draconomicon - Draco Holy Wars Suzail (Cormyr) pre-1367DR

Ruins of Myth Drannor Myth Drannor Post ToT - Pre 1370DR

Menzoberranzan (Adventure Book) Menzoberranzan Post ToT

Mysteries of the Moonsea Moonsea Last Half of 1373DR

Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave Cormyr Begins
Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land Shadowdale Fall of
Anauroch: The Empire of Shade Anauroch/Shade 1374DR

Horde Campaign (Large Scale Battles) Shou Lung/Horde/Eastern Realms 1338 - 1360DR

Fires of Zatal Maztica
Endless Armies Maztica
City of Gold Maztica

The Great Glacier: Snow Baby Vaasa and Great Glacier

Darkhold (Multiple Scenarios) Darkhold Post ToT

Spellbound: Throne of Deceit Velprintalar (Aglarond) 1367DR
Spellbound: The Runes of Chaos Unapproachable East 1367DR

The Bloodstone Quartet - Bloodstone Pass Bloodstone Lands Eleint - 1357DR
The Bloodstone Quartet - The Mines of Bloodstone Bloodstone Lands Ches 19 - 1358DR
The Bloodstone Quartet - The Bloodstone Wars Bloodstone Lands Mirtul - 1358DR
The Bloodstone Quartet - The Throne of Bloodstone Bloodstone Lands Early 1359DR
The Undermountain Trilogy Undermountain (Waterdeep)

EDIT: Updated with information from replies.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023

Edited by - Alisttair on 23 Sep 2010 13:37:47

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2010 :  15:33:10  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of the years are posted as 136?....that means I know its int he 1360s, just not the exact year. If someone has more specific info handy, please share. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2010 :  19:04:50  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haunted Halls of Eveninstar "early post Tot" . . . why so?
Ed wrote that and set it well before, as I recall...
BB
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2010 :  21:36:21  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okidoki - here goes (and my dating is mostly based on listing of the events of said adventures in the Grand History of the Realms):

Halls of the High King - Moonshae Isles, definitely post ToT, since it deals with the Risen Cult of Bane, who are trying to bring the old boy back after buying it during the ToT; 1359 DR.

Curse of the Azure Bonds - definitely post the Azure Bonds novel - I'd set it 1358 DR, just prior to the ToT.

Hordes of Dragonspear - 1363 DR.

Four from Cormyr - would put them past the date of the 2E boxed set. 1369 DR.

Adventures from the first Draconomicon - I'd generally set them post ToT, pre-1367 DR.

Spellbound adventures: 1367 DR.
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2010 :  23:23:03  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"The Bloodstone Quartet Bloodstone Lands Pre-ToT??"

timeline of these modules is 1347-1359

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  07:37:23  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Monument of the Ancients (1480 DR) - Starts in the City of Phlan and takes adventurers through The Ride towards the start of the Great Glacier. It has a ton of lore on the Seven Lost Gods and details one who has never been detailed before
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  11:45:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Monument of the Ancients (1480 DR) - Starts in the City of Phlan and takes adventurers through The Ride towards the start of the Great Glacier. It has a ton of lore on the Seven Lost Gods and details one who has never been detailed before

Now you're making me wish I could get this one!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 17 Sep 2010 11:46:22
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  15:06:14  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coach

"The Bloodstone Quartet Bloodstone Lands Pre-ToT??"

timeline of these modules is 1347-1359

The modules proper have even a shorter timeline - more like 1357-1359 (the 1347 number stems from the fact that in the Bloodstone Lands, occasionally an FR reckoning is used, rather than DR reckoning, and 1347 FR = 1357 Dr).
Go to Top of Page

Ralderick Hallowshaw
Acolyte

Italy
36 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  16:48:49  Show Profile  Visit Ralderick Hallowshaw's Homepage Send Ralderick Hallowshaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
City of the Spider Queen Dalelands 1370DR

IIRC, City of the Spider Queen is set in 1372 DR, during the Silence of Lolth, with a possible ending in 1373, according to the timeline on page 6.

Instead, Red Hand of Doom should be set in 1374 (after the Turning of the Great Cycle), but I'm not sure about this.

"Adventurers are best used to slay monsters. Sooner or later, they become your worst monsters, and you have to hire new ones to do the obvious thing" - Ralderick Hallowshaw, Jester - from To Rule A Realm, From Turret To Midden, published circa The Year of the Bloodbird

And forgive me for my bad use of English language!

Edited by - Ralderick Hallowshaw on 17 Sep 2010 17:58:12
Go to Top of Page

IngoDjan
Learned Scribe

Brazil
146 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  17:16:06  Show Profile  Visit IngoDjan's Homepage Send IngoDjan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Very useful!

Ingo Djan
DUNGEON MASTER AO OF THE DIAMONDS!
"I see the future repeat the past. It all is a museum of great news. The Time do not stop."
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2010 :  20:34:23  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

The Bloodstone Quartet Bloodstone Lands Pre-ToT??
  • H1 TSR9122 Bloodstone Pass
    Hot weather and harvest time (September/Eleint?), 1357 DR (The Year of the Prince)

The adventure begins just before the fall harvest, with a bandit army attempting to collect a fall tribute from the villagers of Bloodstone.

• H2 TSR9168 The Mines Of Bloodstone
    Late autumn, 1357 DR (The Year of the Prince) - 19 Ches/March, 1358 DR (The Year of Shadows)

It is explained that the fall harvest is late because of demands from the war against Zhengyi (and more importantly, adventure H1), and that this adventure actually begins in late fall, just before the first snows.

A royal wedding takes place in the early spring of the next year.

• H3 TSR9200 The Bloodstone Wars
    May/Mirtul, 1358 DR (The Year of Shadows) - ?

It is explained in backstory text that the royal wedding occurred specifically on the first day of spring.

This adventure begins in the month of May/Mirtul.

• H4 TSR9228 The Throne of Bloodstone
    Early 1359 DR (The Year of the Serpent)

Both the FRCS (3E) and The Grand History of the Realms list the events of H4 as taking place in 1359 DR.

The novella "If Ever They Happened Upon My Lair", by R.A. Salvatore, ends in early winter, apparently late in the year 1358 DR, with Zhengyi anticipating Gareth's army bringing a final showdown, soon. This would agree with H4 being set early in the next year: 1359 DR.

• FR9 TSR9267 The Bloodstone Lands
    Summer, 1359 DR (The Year of the Serpent)

The current year is clearly stated as 1359, the Year of the Serpent, and the H1-4 modules are said to have occurred in the previous two years: 1357 (the Year of the Prince) and 1358 (the Year of the Shadows). (There is confusion in the book about "FR" vs. "DR" nomenclature for designating years, but the year names clarify the intented meaning.)

It is said to be a "few months since the fall of the Witch-King" (see H4).

There is one game scenario featuring the Kneebreaker halfling adventuring band which is specifically stated as taking place in the summer.

quote:
The Accursed Tower Icewind Dale (staring in Luskan) 13??DR
TSR11337 Takes place over approximately one month, Tarsakh/April 1369 DR

quote:
City of the Spider Queen Dalelands 1370DR
27 Marpenoth/October 1372 DR (The Year of Wild Magic) -
25 Alturiak/February 1373 DR (The Year of Rogue Dragons)

The adventure begins 60 days after Lolth falls silent, and continues for approximately 120 days thereafter.

Lolth fell silent on 28 Eleasis/August 1372. This points to a time setting for COTSQ of roughly four months: 1) Uktar/November, 1372, 2) Nightal/December, 1372, 3) Hammer/January, 1373, and Alturiak/February, 1373. (A few days have to be factored in for annual inter-month holidays.)

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2010 :  16:56:04  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pool of Radiance:Attack on Myth Drannor Cormanthor 1372DR??

Actually, I think it occurs in 1369, The year of the Gauntlet. It was the same time the book was set and I believe the adventure is supposed to follow the novel and your role as a PC is to help the novel character obtain their goal.

I bought the boxed game set with the Adventure, dice, soundtrack, and stuff. Not too bad for a Pen/Paper adventure but the game could've been better.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2010 :  13:38:48  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the replies. I updated the original post based on these. Any more info someone might have feel free to share.

Go to Top of Page

Nathera
Acolyte

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2010 :  19:45:10  Show Profile  Visit Nathera's Homepage Send Nathera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I knew I passed on a Wizards page on a Forgotten Realms Timeline of the novels. Perhaps the link helps: http://www.wizards.com/forgottenrealms/fr_timeline.asp
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2010 :  04:17:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nathera

I knew I passed on a Wizards page on a Forgotten Realms Timeline of the novels. Perhaps the link helps: http://www.wizards.com/forgottenrealms/fr_timeline.asp

That's a good one, but it's been out of date for many years. I personally recommend O Love's Novels Timeline.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Mystic Lemur
Seeker

58 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2011 :  05:51:21  Show Profile Send Mystic Lemur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to the 3e FRCS, Randal Morn took Dagger Falls from the Zhents in 1369. Wouldn't that make The Return of Randal Morn 1369 DR?

Also, I have seen Doom of Daggerdale set as early as 1366 and as late as 1368.

"What mattered our lives now, when our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring." -A review of the FRCG ;)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2011 :  08:39:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The adventure trilogy is set during 1369 DR.

And, as I recall... Doom of Daggerdale takes place two years before in 1367 DR. We know this from its references to Dulwar Leatherworker's arrival 'a few years ago' [pg. 6] and the burning of the temple of Lathander 'eight years ago' exactly as in FRS1 The Dalelands [pg. 21], which is expressly set in 1367.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

jinat
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2011 :  19:38:24  Show Profile  Visit jinat's Homepage Send jinat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This might help:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11023
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2011 :  13:29:35  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jinat

This might help:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11023

Doing as search is so tedious

Go to Top of Page

Knightfall
Learned Scribe

Canada
148 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2011 :  19:50:29  Show Profile  Visit Knightfall's Homepage Send Knightfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget this adventure...

Fang, Beak, and Claw
Fang, Beak, and Claw involves an evil druid of Malar, his cronies, and a tamed owlbear. Living in a sheltered grove altered by the druid's spells, they are using the beast to harass loggers in the woods and help in their cruel hunts. Fang, Beak, and Claw is a short Dungeons & Dragons adventure for four characters of about 8th level, one of whom should be a ranger or have some skill at tracking. Download this free mini-adventure today so that you can see how your group's PCs fare against this threat! Suitable for the Forgotten Realms campaign setting or other settings.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/Fang.pdf
Go to Top of Page

Knightfall
Learned Scribe

Canada
148 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2011 :  20:31:18  Show Profile  Visit Knightfall's Homepage Send Knightfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, make sure you look through the Web Enhancement archive for 3.5. There are several Forgotten Realms PDF adventures available...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/wex

One of the most notable of these is the WE for Lost Empires of Faerun. Secrets of Imaskar is an adventure by Robert Wiese...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20050216a

The Raurin Desert holds many secrets from ancient times, and few are bold enough to seek them out. But a chance mention of an Imaskari image on what seems to be a Mulhorandi ruin may be the key to the discovery of ancient magical secrets. Robert Wiese offers an adventure for four 6th-level characters that involves the discovery of an ancient Imaskari complex and the unique treasure it holds. So download this web enhancement now and introduce the exciting new material from Lost Empires of Faerūn into your own campaign!
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2011 :  02:40:14  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for all the replies. I updated the original post based on these. Any more info someone might have feel free to share.

Not updating with adventures after 1380?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000