Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Adventure Modules Dates
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jinat
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2008 :  11:58:19  Show Profile  Visit jinat's Homepage Send jinat a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ruins of Adventure
1347 DR according to The Moonsea, Reference Guide - Design by John Terra - 1995 (Page 32).
1340 DR according to the Villans' Lorebook - Design by Dale Donovan - 1998 (Page 103).
1357 DR, Mirtul(May) to Kythorn(June) according to The Curse of the Azure Bonds adventure module, since it states that it takes place at the same time of the Azure Bonds Novel (Page 3)

Dessert of Dissolution
C. 1356 - 58 DR (Unsure)
Based on current date given in 1st edition campaign set box set

"Lashan’s Fall" (Ed Greenwood)
1356 DR

The Bloodstone Quartet
1357 DR to 1359 DR from The Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (3rd-Edition) - Design by Ed Greenwood, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo, and Sean Reynolds – 2001 and Running the Realms - Design by Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb - 1993

Curse of the Azure Bonds
1357 DR, Marpenoth (October) according to The Curse of the Azure Bonds adventure module. (Page 3)

Lords of Darkness
Circa. 1357

The Avatar Adventure Trilogy
1358 DR As mentioned in the module

Felled Hopes
1358 DR - pre-Banedeath according to the Ruins of Zhentil Keep Adventure Book - Design by Kevin Melka and John Terra – 1995 (Page 3)

Halls of the High King
(1359) Grand History Moonshae enhancement. Brian R. James

Epic adventure by Ed Greenwood
For four to six Characters of Levels 6+ (balanced mixture of classs recommended)
Starts in any port city then heavily set inm the Moonshae Isles
Takes place right after the Time of Troubles

The Haunted Halls of Eveningstar
sometime after the ToT 1359

Adventure by Ed-Greenwood
For Character Levels 1-5
Set in Cormyr - in the farming village of Eveningstar

Nightmare Keep
Takes place somewhere between 1359 to 1367

Game Adventure by Rick Swan
For four to six characters of levels 18 to 20
Set in the Veilstone Peaks region - northwest of Cormyr - summoned by Azoun

Empires / Hordlands Tilogy Modules
Probably 1360

The Jungles of Chult
After 1363

Castle Spluzeer
1367 DR – Year of the Shield as mentioned in the module

Gothic mystery adventure by Doug Stewart
For four to six Characters of Levels 8-12 (at least one priest and one wizard recommended)
Starts in the city of Eshpurta. In Amn

Four from Cormyr
1367 DR According to Four from Cormyr – by John Terra. The last adventure states that it takes place 15 years after Gondegal. (Page 120)

Hordes of Dragonspear
(some time after ToT, most probably 1367)

Adventure by William W. Connors
For five to six Characters of Levels 10-12
Starts at Daggerford

Doom of Daggerdale
1367(see p. 6: "a few years ago" and "eight years ago", identical to FRS1 The Dalelands p. 21, set in 1367]

Volo Trilogy
Set somewhere between 1367 to 1371

By anthony Pryor
For four to eight characters of level 6-8
Starts in Waterdeep then goes everywhere

Undermountain:Maddgoth's Castle
(20th day of Eleint 1368 DR)

The Accursed Tower
1369, spring (Tarsakh) As mentioned in the module

R. A. Salvatore and the Seven Swords
For three to six characters of 1st to 3rd level.
Starts in Luskan, the City of Sails, on the northern Sword Coast, leads to in Icewind Dale around the great lake known as Maer Dualdon.

The Daggerdale Trilogy
(1369)
From the Volos guide to the Realms

"Buying Time" (Kevin Melka & John Terra)

Undermountain:Stardock
(1369 DR)

Hellgate Keep
(spring of the Year of the Tankard (1370 DR) or later)
As mentioned in the module

A Dungeon Crawl Adventure By Steven E. Schend
For six to eight characters of levels 9 to 12
Set in the North, can start from Silverymoon

For Duty and Deity
1370 DR, Late in the year according to For Duty and Deity – by Dale Donovon – 1998. (Page 3)

A planar adventure By Dale Donovan
For six to eight characters of levels 10 to 12
Starts in the city of Athkatla in Amn and moves to the the plane of Abyss

The Wyrmskull Throne
1370 DR - Year of the Tankard - Tenth day of Uktar
As mentioned in the module

The Dungeon of Death
(1371)

POOL OF RADIANCE: ATTACK ON MYTH DRANNOR
Anywhere from 1368 to 1371 DR

Into the Dragons Lair
(1371)
Probably right after the novel Death of a dragon

"The Door from Everywhere" (Roger E. Moore)1372

City of the Spider Queen
(end of Marpenoth 1372 DR)

Mysteries of the Moonsea

Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave (Baker, Cordell, Noonan, Sernett, Wyatt)1374

Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land

ACCESSORIES

CODE OF THE HARPERS
Official Game Accessory by Ed Greenwood
Set in the Forgotten Realms
Set at the end of The Year of the Shield (1367 DR).

MONSTERS OF FAERUN
Propably 1369 DR

VOLOS GUIDE TO THE DALES
1370 DR

VOLOS GUID ETO ALL THINGS MAGICAL
1370 DR

FAITHS & PANTHEONS (3E)
1372 DR

LORDS OF DARKNESS (3E)
1372 DR

MAGIC OF FAERUN (3E)
1372 DR

RACES OF FAERUN
1372 DR

SILVER MARCHES
1372 DR

UNAPROACHABLE EAST
1372 DR

UNDERDARK
1372 DR

CAMPAIGN SETTINGS

FR CAMPAIGN SET BOX SET (1ST EDITION AD&D) (1986-87)
1357 DR later half

FR ADVENTURES (UPDATES TO 2ND EDITION AND POST AVATAR) (1990)
1359+

REVISED BOX SET (1993)
1367 DR (According to FRC 3e set in 1371)

PALYERS GUIDE TO THE FORGOTTENREALMS (1993)
Propably 1367 DR

FRC 3E
1372 DR

PLAYERS GUIDE TO FAERUN (3.5)
1373 DR

Mod edit: Renamed the scroll, keeping the title the same but changing it from all caps (which I find annoying).

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 18 Jun 2008 01:35:49

jinat
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2008 :  12:31:22  Show Profile  Visit jinat's Homepage Send jinat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ive posted this twice by accident - how to do delete ?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2008 :  13:59:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jinat

Ive posted this twice by accident - how to do delete ?

I've removed the second scroll.

For future reference, when you need to remove/delete a double post, simply click on the TRASHCAN icon above the post that reads "Delete Topic/Reply."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  03:22:05  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This looks like a pretty useful list to help get things in order. Thanks!

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  04:26:00  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For your reference, I placed Halls of the High King at 1359 DR (Year of the Serpent) in the Grand History Moonshae enhancement.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  08:55:40  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cannot help out with any dates atm. However, I would like to make a little suggestion:

To make this scroll even more useful you should arrange this list of adventure modules not in alphabetical order but rather chronologically by year, starting with the earlies one. Or at least also in chronological order.

Anyhow, thanks for putting your time into this project.

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  16:03:40  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Ergdusch here. Putting them in chronological order would be even better.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  22:44:24  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started something similar in this thread a while back:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5319&SearchTerms=Adventure

Edited by - KnightErrantJR on 20 May 2008 22:46:04
Go to Top of Page

Afetbinttuzani
Senior Scribe

Canada
434 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  23:23:52  Show Profile  Visit Afetbinttuzani's Homepage Send Afetbinttuzani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An excellent contribution, Jinat!

I agree that it would an improvement to list the Modules by date.

Also, for the sake of scholarly rigor, it would be helpful to cite the pages in the modules where the dates are indicated. Where dates are not explicitly given, there should be some justification for the date given. Also, perhaps it would be useful to indicate at the top of the list that full bibliographic details for each of the Adventure Modules are available in Tethoril's Bookshelf.

Once all of the dates have been established, perhaps they could be added to the Adventure Modules descriptions in Tethoril's Bookshelf as: "Dale Reckoning Date: 13**"

Cheers,
Afet

Afet bint Tuzaní

"As the good Archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself."
- Danilo Thann in Elfsong by Elaine Cunningham
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  23:45:50  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some:

1356 DR
"Lashan’s Fall" (Ed Greenwood)

Doom of Daggerdale (see p. 6: "a few years ago" and "eight years ago", identical to FRS1 The Dalelands p. 21, set in 1367]

"Buying Time" (Kevin Melka & John Terra)

"The Door from Everywhere" (Roger E. Moore)

Mysteries of the Moonsea

Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave (Baker, Cordell, Noonan, Sernett, Wyatt)

Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land
Go to Top of Page

Afetbinttuzani
Senior Scribe

Canada
434 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2008 :  05:06:33  Show Profile  Visit Afetbinttuzani's Homepage Send Afetbinttuzani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have most of the 2nd Edition modules. So, if you assign me five titles to start, I'll reference them.
Cheers
Afet

Afet bint Tuzaní

"As the good Archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself."

Edited by - Afetbinttuzani on 21 May 2008 05:32:57
Go to Top of Page

Afetbinttuzani
Senior Scribe

Canada
434 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2008 :  07:34:51  Show Profile  Visit Afetbinttuzani's Homepage Send Afetbinttuzani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jinat

You indicated the following in your initial list:
quote:
The Haunted Halls of Eveningstar
(sometime after the ToT 1359)

How did you arrive at this date?

The earliest date for the module would be around 1356, a year or so after the retirement Jelde Asturien from the Knights of Myth Drannor to the House of Morning (HHoE p. 6 & Hall of Heroes) I can find no reference to the Time of Troubles in my edition of the Haunted Halls (TSR 1992). If this was not an oversight, the latest date would be 1358. However, if one assumes the Time of Troubles occurred but was not mentioned, the latest date would, I think, be 1370, the beginning of the Goblin Wars, which resulted in the destruction of much of Eveningstar (Into the Dragon's Lair WotC: 2000). Hence the module would be playable as is between 1356 and 1370. Thoughts?
Cheers
Afet

Afet bint Tuzaní

Edited by - Afetbinttuzani on 21 May 2008 18:33:38
Go to Top of Page

jinat
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2008 :  14:42:40  Show Profile  Visit jinat's Homepage Send jinat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Putting it in chronological order, and adding corrections and page numbers as suggested. It’s a little time consuming so im putting it up as I work on it. Putting in changes as suggested by Brian R. James. Also Added adventure modules dated by Faraer.

In regards to Haunted Halls - capnvan is right, in most cases wherever I couldn’t find a specific date I used the AD&D edition as a guide. Don’t know of that approach works or not thou.

Also note changes to “Ruins of Adventure” which has three different dates now.

Afetbinttuzani could you look into The Marco Volo Trilogy
(set sometime after the Time of Troubles anywhere between 1367 to 1371), Nightmare Keep
(anywhere between 1359 to 1367), Spellbound Adventure
(set either in 1367 or 1368), Undermounta:The Lost Level. Having difficulty narrowing them down.

Thankyou everybody for the helping out
Go to Top of Page

Afetbinttuzani
Senior Scribe

Canada
434 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2008 :  18:29:36  Show Profile  Visit Afetbinttuzani's Homepage Send Afetbinttuzani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jinat
In regards to Haunted Halls - capnvan is right, in most cases wherever I couldn’t find a specific date I used the AD&D edition as a guide. Don’t know of that approach works or not thou.

Strictly speaking, I agree that the assumption is post ToT, but I think that where the module is not explicit, we should shoot to produce the widest range of playable dates that are consistent with the details given within the modules. I, for example, am currently running a party of newbie PC's through the Haunted Halls just before the ToT. Nothing in the module contradicts this.

quote:
Afetbinttuzani could you look into The Marco Volo Trilogy
(set sometime after the Time of Troubles anywhere between 1367 to 1371), Nightmare Keep(anywhere between 1359 to 1367), Spellbound Adventure (set either in 1367 or 1368), Undermounta:The Lost Level. Having difficulty narrowing them down.

Will do. As I mentioned above, I favor the widest possible range of playable dates. Narrowing down the dates is an interesting academic exercise, but for me the goal is to help people play, to assist DMs in situating their campaigns in a way that is consistent with the FR timeline. If, in the absence of a concrete date, we provide the widest viable time range, we open more options for DMs. Opinions?

Cheers,
Afet

Afet bint Tuzaní

Edited by - Afetbinttuzani on 21 May 2008 18:31:23
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2008 :  23:28:56  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm setting up to run an Oriental campaign in Kara-Tur on the side. Anyone have an idea of the best order for the Kara-Tur adventures is??? Thank

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2008 :  22:54:29  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Tuigan invasion definitely began in 1359 and ended (in Faerun, at least) in 1360, with a large number of Tuigan and Shou left behind in the "Unapproachable East."

FRA 1-3 take place while Yamun Khahan is still alive, and become very awkward to play after the summer of 1360 -- his son and presumed heir is a central figure in them, and (if he behaves like historic Mongols), he would immediately pack up and go to a kuriltai upon the death of his father, and never mind Solon, Ra-Khati, or anything else in that region. I didn't have the modules when I ran the Battles of the Golden Way and their aftermath, and now I am going to have a difficult time integrating the PCs into the adventures without them being recognized (and promptly executed).

Also peek at Realmspace by "slade" Henson, which discusses Shou Lung as a space-going power. Somewhere around Candlekeep is a scroll in which I asked the scholars here when that was set, since Shou Lung does not use its dragon ships agains the Tuigan in the "canonical" histories, but I don't have its location handy; a search for it with me as the author should bring it up fairly easily.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000