Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Quick Question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  20:02:13  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok, I had this argument with the DM yesterday about two weapon fighting, so heres how it goes

I believe that EX: My ranger has a total attack bonus of +6 and hes fighting with a long sword in normal hand and a short sword in off hand, I say that his normal and off hand attacks both get the +6 bonus and you just take away the -2 penalty from each swing so as

--- +6 normal hand would go to +4 because of the -2, then my off hand would get the same +6 and I would once again take the -2 to make it +4 attack

He says
--- That my normal attack would be from +6 to +4 because of the -2, then my off hand would start at the +4 and get another -2 to make my off hand strike a +2.

Who's right?

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2003 :  04:21:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right. If the penalties were cumulative, it would say so in the PHB.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2003 :  05:53:25  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this 3e or 3.5e? Because it works differently with the new version.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2003 :  21:55:55  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, its 3rd edition
Go to Top of Page

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2003 :  03:50:22  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually Ill try and make this question easier to understand

Does each hand have its own base attack bonus or do you have to subtract from the same one?
Go to Top of Page

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2003 :  00:49:07  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm... No one?
Go to Top of Page

Bladesinger
Acolyte

Turkey
35 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2003 :  20:23:51  Show Profile Send Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are right.
If you DON'T have ambidexterity or the ranger class ability equivalent of it, you get another -2 to your off-hand.

Edited by - Bladesinger on 07 Oct 2003 20:25:15
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000