Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Where are you from?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  11:11:49  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Near Dallas(Denton) in TX also.
Go to Top of Page

Iluvrien
Acolyte

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  13:07:38  Show Profile  Visit Iluvrien's Homepage Send Iluvrien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apparently Northern Europe - the UK.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  14:38:44  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knight of the Gate

I'm from PA and we have a microcosm of that sort here, as well- except in our case, it's East/West. Eastern PA is East Coast, whereas Western PA is thought of as 'midwestern'.

We prefer the term Western Pennsylvania ! Where-about are you from in PA?

And Alystra, the southern texas accent doesn't sound all that bad, when compared to Pittsburgh-ese. It can get on a person's nerves when you here "Hey! Dem Stillers are doin' pretty good n'at Rothlesberger jagg-off isn't even playin. Wanna go dahn tahn to Eslibberty and get a sammich?"

Which translates to: "Hey! Them Steelers are doing pretty good and Rothlesberger isn't even playing. Would you like to go downtown to East Liberty and get a sandwich?" lol. Yea...it's that bad.
Go to Top of Page

dragonfriend
Seeker

Italy
65 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2010 :  18:16:16  Show Profile  Visit dragonfriend's Homepage Send dragonfriend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Italy (southern Europe?)

Why not EU and other states or only Europe?

Edited by - dragonfriend on 21 Sep 2010 18:16:37
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2010 :  19:03:26  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by idilippy

Near Dallas(Denton) in TX also.

Originally from Lewisville. Class of 91.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2010 :  19:32:00  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that I think about it, I suppose all states have a certain 'redneck' region - we just call it 'Upstate' here.

When I visited my son up at college (a seven hour drive!), I was surprised to find out we have Amish in NY.

And yeah, I have only been along the coast of Virginia - Virginia Beach (twice this year alone), Fairfax, Alexandria, and Busch Gardens; those tourist areas don't seem very southern to me. I've gone a bit further west (mostly to see the caverns), and drove through West Virginia from Kentucky, but driving-through you really only see the rest areas.

I thought Kentucky would be bad, but I stay in Louisville (where my GF lives), and they are not so... redneckish... as I thought they would be. In fact, their accents (in the city) weren't all that bad, and they were pretty-much just like us. However, I was told not to go 'into the sticks' because of my accent - even the other kentuckians don't go into certain areas.

And like I said, we have areas just like that even here in NY - Google Allentown (the one in Hadley). Looks like a place from one of those horror flicks come to life.

Texans scare me.. with their big hats, and 'longhorns'...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Sep 2010 19:33:03
Go to Top of Page

questing gm
Master of Realmslore

Malaysia
1155 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2010 :  17:17:05  Show Profile  Visit questing gm's Homepage Send questing gm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Malaysia. So I voted 'other' since it's located in the South East Asia region.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2010 :  19:20:46  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everything is bigger here in Texas!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2010 :  21:30:36  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Everything is bigger here in Texas!

Including their egos!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Wulf Waters
Acolyte

Australia
40 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2010 :  21:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Wulf Waters's Homepage Send Wulf Waters a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Australia, New Zealand...' Gasp! That's like putting 'Canada, USA...'
Go to Top of Page

Neil Bishop
Learned Scribe

Singapore
100 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2010 :  11:35:13  Show Profile  Visit Neil Bishop's Homepage Send Neil Bishop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I normally live in Singapore but game in Australia where all my books are.

quote:
Originally posted by Wulf Waters

Very true.

For those of you who get your Antipodean folks confused: the New Zealanders are the ones with vowel cancer.

I always DM except for two LFR games this year (first time I played in 26 or so years). My eladrin tactical warlord came from Silverymoon largely because I wanted the History reroll bonus to match with an ability to use a History check for the party in place of initiative. It wasn't exactly a power-gaming move: it just seemed rather chess-like to me.

Regards
NXB
Go to Top of Page

Balduran Lavidah
Seeker

France
83 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2010 :  12:50:00  Show Profile  Visit Balduran Lavidah's Homepage Send Balduran Lavidah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
De France :)

"Le savoir s'apprend. La curiosité forme le savoir."
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2010 :  15:39:11  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Shhhhhhh...

Canada and Mexico still haven't figured out that they are just 'states' of ours.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2010 :  00:10:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:

Shhhhhhh...

Canada and Mexico still haven't figured out that they are just 'states' of ours.

I maintain that at some point in the future, the rest of Canada will secede from Quebec and join the US.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2013 :  22:46:08  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm originally from Monterey, California, but currently live in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where some people think I'm English. (I can't help it if my dad liked watching British television shows. Nor can I help it if early exposure to such forms of entertainment affected how I talk.)

Of course, if the question is 'Where is your character from' (the wording of the question implies this), than the answer (for my most recent character, Drustan) is Harrowdale.
Go to Top of Page

Plaguescarred
Learned Scribe

Canada
190 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2013 :  23:23:40  Show Profile Send Plaguescarred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Montreal, Qc Canada

Yan
Playtester
Go to Top of Page

charger_ss24
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  06:15:27  Show Profile Send charger_ss24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I live in the USA. Cheyenne, Wyo. to be exact.
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  11:33:08  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Other:- Capellan Confederation.

Oooops! Wrong site.

Ahhh...is that your house I can see from here on New Syrtis? Oh, wait...we probably own the property, anyways.

In all seriousness, apart from several summers (in my teens) in British Columbia, and time in the military, I've lived (and was born in) the greater Seattle area close to my almost fifty years (will be such in a couple more). Not that there's really much that's 'great' about Seattle, mind.

- OMH
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  11:46:00  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The sprawling city of Bombay in India.
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  12:23:19  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You tell me: I'm from Brazil, and had to choose "Latin America". Nothing against our neighbours, of course, but latin America mixes Brazil (the only former portuguese colony in South America), and a lot of quite unique former spanish colonies, like Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina...

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  18:08:27  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
51st state.
Go to Top of Page

portose_sharpe
Seeker

Ireland
74 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  18:23:02  Show Profile Send portose_sharpe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ireland here
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  09:01:03  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Between a castle and Sherwood Forest.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  11:30:35  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
USA, border of Louisiana and Mississippi

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  11:55:52  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

quote:

You tell me: I'm from Brazil, and had to choose "Latin America". Nothing against our neighbours, of course, but latin America mixes Brazil (the only former portuguese colony in South America), and a lot of quite unique former spanish colonies, like Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina...

Well I had to pick East Asia. So you guys were better of than me at least.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  21:18:42  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am from USA

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  23:35:53  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Murica baby!

Guess I will add that I'm originally from the great state of Texas but live in Alabama now.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.

Edited by - The Arcanamach on 17 Nov 2013 23:51:09
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  23:38:48  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada :)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  04:36:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

'Murica baby!

Guess I will add that I'm originally from the great state of Texas but live in Alabama now.

As an Air Force brat, I have lived in both places... San Antonio, Texas, and Prattville (and later Millbrook), Alabama. Technically speaking, I've still got family in Prattville (I say "technically" because I am estranged from them).

The last time I was in either state was a trip to see a friend in Austin in 2002.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  06:20:41  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was a Navy Brat so I lived up and down the East coast, from Florida to Virginia. Not much more north than that.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000