Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Tomb of Zahyra
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nametab
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2010 :  23:00:40  Show Profile  Visit nametab's Homepage Send nametab a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm looking for some information on the Tomb of Zahyra in Tethyr. All I have is the info contained in Lands of Intrigue. Zahyra was the first Court Vizera in the kingdom of Tethyr, she died in -99 DR and was buried in a tomb in the Starspire Mountains. Does anyone actually know a more precise location of the tomb and what can be one expect upon entering it?

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2010 :  00:41:02  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As usual, Steven Schend overwrote LOI and as I recall one of the bits cut for space related to the discovery of the tomb of the First Court Vizera. A "sneak peek" at the LOI product which WotC released years ago for download on their site (it might still be there as a 'hidden link') contained the information as I recall.

If no-one at the Keep can track anything further down to assist you, I'll get my folders out and provide the info.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2010 :  01:30:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

As usual, Steven Schend overwrote LOI and as I recall one of the bits cut for space related to the discovery of the tomb of the First Court Vizera. A "sneak peek" at the LOI product which WotC released years ago for download on their site (it might still be there as a 'hidden link') contained the information as I recall.

If no-one at the Keep can track anything further down to assist you, I'll get my folders out and provide the info.

-- George Krashos

Hmmm. I do remember downloading that file, but I can neither find it or the old URL for it, anywhere in my archives. What about you Wooly?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 20 Aug 2010 01:31:29
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2010 :  23:12:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

-- George Krashos

Hmmm. I do remember downloading that file, but I can neither find it or the old URL for it, anywhere in my archives. What about you Wooly?

It doesn't ring any bells...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  00:52:42  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang, I was relying on you "lore savants" to help my lazy **** out.

Okay, I'll have a look in my folders.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  01:15:45  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, after doing some digging, the excerpt I was thinking about is actually located here at the Keep:

Check out the "Preview of Lands of Intrigue": http://www.candlekeep.com/library/lore.htm

I do recall that Steven sent me a few prior to publishing excerpts of LOI as a reward for some stuff I did for him at the time, so I will look at that stuff to see if there is anything else.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  01:32:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Actually, after doing some digging, the excerpt I was thinking about is actually located here at the Keep:

Check out the "Preview of Lands of Intrigue": http://www.candlekeep.com/library/lore.htm
Well, there you go. I also went through the Candlekeep archives, but apparently missed this as well.
quote:
I do recall that Steven sent me a few prior to publishing excerpts of LOI as a reward for some stuff I did for him at the time, so I will look at that stuff to see if there is anything else.
Please do. This has all become rather intriguing, now.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  13:47:48  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Par for the course from that box set, I'd say...

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000