Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 One foot in the door, and then the Seal was cast..
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brace Cormaeril
Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  02:06:23  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message  Delete Topic
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Yes, Ed could refuse to write anything at all. However, what would then happen is that someone else would write Elminster novels, WITH ED'S NAME ON THEM.
That's "complete control"? Don't make me laugh.

Ah, you're saying that if Greenwood chose to not write novels/lore/etc., than Hasbro/WotC would then have a ghostwriter write what they wanted him to write, and would then attribute the work to Greenwood?

Or perhaps you mean to imply that the book's cover would say something like "Ed Greenwood's: Elminster in Aruba".

I'm sorry my meaning wasn't clear. I hope the above clarifies.

However, if Ed is being held captive by Hasbro/WotC, and being *forced* to work for them, I'll lead the rescue party. Hammers High!

quote:
I'll refrain from commenting directly on the rest of your replies to me, because it's very clear that you are applying your own personal gaming preferences to the published Realms as a judgment filter (which is just fine for all gamers to do and is necessary for any DM to do), but are then making the mistake of confusing your personal preferences and standards for objective, universal standards.

I am simply stating my perspective, not trying to win an argument. I'm afraid I must disagree with your statements above, though I certainly don't care to change your mind. You see, I don't have access to the "inside info" you have. I have to use an objective standard. The only objective standard available in this regard is published lore. Now, I expressed my perspective based on published sources; I even provided page numbers. You however, can simply state, "No, Ed and Gary told me otherwise." And *that* is in no way objective.
I can't compete with that. But then, I thought Candlekeep was a place to discuss the 'Realms, no need to compete...

quote:
You also seem to have this simplistic idea that characters never lie or exaggerate when they speak, are incapable of misleading others deliberately, and NEVER CHANGE THEIR VIEWS, OVER TIME. The lore tells us all, repeatedly, that The Simbul is a lot less than sane, but you seem to think she is very sane. And candid to a fault. And never changes her views at all.

I'm sorry you got that impression. It is incorrect.
Further, I stated the following, which I thought clearly illustrated my view of the Simbul's tenuous hold on sanity:

quote:
Originally posted by Brace Cormaeril
The Alassra I know moves swiftly, leaving an impish smile and smoldering corpses.

Not my idea of sane.
(Did you even *read* my post before choosing to dismiss my perspective?)

quote:

Brace, reality is way over there. Way, way over there...
love, regardless,
THO

Where does the Forgotten Realms fall? Is it over here, or perhaps there?

To the Moderators: Am I allowed to offer perspectives on Realmslore which deviate from other scribes? I've never done so without objective, sourced evidence.

The Silver Fire's Blade: A Novella in Nine Parts, Available Soon, in the Adventuring Forum!

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  02:09:25  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message
Can we ban trolls from the `keep? Usually I'm all for free and spirited debate, but he's not debating anyone.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  02:12:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Brace, this is really a matter better dealt with privately. I suggest you either PM or email the Lady Hooded One and take it from there. We don't need this kind of grief here.

*Casts Seal Scroll*

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 27 Jun 2010 02:18:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000