Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms solo gamebooks
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andmnk
Acolyte

Poland
8 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  21:44:10  Show Profile Send andmnk a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Are there any Forgotten Realms gamebooks (Fighting Fantasy-like)?

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  22:41:06  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, not really. I just found two "An Endless Quest" books from the early 80s among my collection, but those are D&D, not FR. Plus it is just reading and taking choices, no dice required.

I guess there is really nothing like Fighting Fantasy when it comes to what you are looking for.

Further related input can be found in this thread here

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625

Edited by - skychrome on 18 May 2010 22:42:48
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  23:48:25  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a 4e solo adventure in Dragon 382 called Dark Awakenings
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2010 :  00:16:38  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knight of the Living Dead takes place in Waterdeep. I think it used a single die for combat. I'm not familiar with Fighting Fantasy, time to do some research at the gaming store.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2010 :  00:28:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was a Super Endless Quest book set in the Realms, Spawn of Dragonspear. The Super Endless Quest books were like the Endless Quest books (themselves a variation on the Choose Your Own Adventure books), but the Super Endless Quest books did require some die rolling -- so that would be the closest to the Fighting Fantasy gamebooks.

There's also Knight of the Living Dead. I've got two copies of that book; I need to read one of them, sometime.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2010 :  01:01:48  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kind of along the same line, I guess. Are there any 3E/3.5 or even Pathfinder modules for a DM to run for a single player? Kind of along the lines of Fighter's Challenge from 2E?

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart

Edited by - Joran Nobleheart on 19 May 2010 01:02:12
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  18:15:44  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In castle of the undead you start in the FR

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2015 :  17:40:15  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Duneth Despana

In castle of the undead you start in the FR

Was this one of the Ravenloft "Choose Your Own Adventures?"

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  09:14:30  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000