Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Summon Outsiders
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pazuzu
Seeker

Germany
61 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2010 :  21:28:59  Show Profile Send Pazuzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello again everyone!

For my next campaign I need to have an outsider summoned. The monk of Ilmater in that group wants to take Vow of Poverty, and I want him to make this vow in presence of an outsider and role-play that part, since I think that would be very nice :-D The only cleric in that group is of Chanutea and I think to have the characters interacting is nicer than interacting with a NSC.
So my question is, is that cleric of Chauntea able to call an outsider from Ilmater's plane/realm with "Lesser Planar Ally"?

May your dice obey your will. - Gary Gygax (*1938 - †2008)

Doc Filth
Seeker

55 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2010 :  22:23:37  Show Profile  Visit Doc Filth's Homepage Send Doc Filth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Lesser Planar Ally specifies "deity's choice", so it's really DM's prerogative whether or not Chauntea would be able to send you an outsider from Ilmater's plane. House of Nature and House of the Triad [theor respective planes] aren't really anywhere near to each other, so I'd have to say no.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2010 :  23:20:50  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know what summon monster spell would be used to summon a succubus? I've never seen any rule basis for that.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

_Jarlaxle_
Senior Scribe

Germany
584 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2010 :  23:54:17  Show Profile Send _Jarlaxle_ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
None of them. To summon a succubus you need to use spells like planar binding or gatefor example.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2010 :  00:00:00  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, thank you. How do you find out which ones can be summoned, and which you need to use those spells on? Is that in the DMG somewhere?

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2010 :  10:08:03  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Player's Handbook lists the ones you can summon with summon monster. The rest is anyone's guess. My personal idea is that you can summon nearly anything that's not on the list using various planar ally spells, or a balor or pit fiend using the 9-th level gate spell.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2010 :  20:42:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

Does anyone know what summon monster spell would be used to summon a succubus? I've never seen any rule basis for that.

There are easier, non-magical ways to get some female companionship.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2010 :  23:23:13  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pazuzu

Hello again everyone!

For my next campaign I need to have an outsider summoned. The monk of Ilmater in that group wants to take Vow of Poverty, and I want him to make this vow in presence of an outsider and role-play that part, since I think that would be very nice :-D The only cleric in that group is of Chanutea and I think to have the characters interacting is nicer than interacting with a NSC.
So my question is, is that cleric of Chauntea able to call an outsider from Ilmater's plane/realm with "Lesser Planar Ally"?

I'd say she can after passing the knowledge skill check (the planes, arcana or religion, DC 10 + HD).
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2010 :  23:50:50  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

There are easier, non-magical ways to get some female companionship.

Oh, that was funny!!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000