Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Who is the most beautiful woman in the Realms?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jelennet
Learned Scribe

Russia
131 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  08:47:54  Show Profile Send Jelennet a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Who is the most beautiful woman in the Realms? Between gods and between mortals? What do you think?

Edited by - Jelennet on 04 May 2010 11:12:55

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  08:50:29  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I do not have such knowledge, but Sune Firehair is a nice candidate. Well, most goddesses will try to fight over it. I don't know about mortal people.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.

Edited by - Sill Alias on 04 May 2010 10:30:11
Go to Top of Page

Cleric Generic
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  11:54:12  Show Profile  Visit Cleric Generic's Homepage Send Cleric Generic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me, obviously... Don't let the beard fool you.

Cedric! The Cleric Generic and Master of Disguise!

ALL HAIL LORD KARSUS!!!

Vast Realmslore Archive: Get in here and download everything! http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/rl

2e Realms book PDFs; grab em! - http://poleandrope.blogspot.com/2010/07/working-around-purge.html
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  13:46:02  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Hooded One...nuff said.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  13:56:33  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

why she hasnt been made Exarch yet we will never know.....

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  14:07:56  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sharess is a cutie.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  14:57:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Or, more specifically, whichever NPC the lovely Lady Hooded One is playing.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Brace Cormaeril
Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  15:18:37  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amlaruil Moonflower, hands down.

The Silver Fire's Blade: A Novella in Nine Parts, Available Soon, in the Adventuring Forum!
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  16:59:24  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would be difficult to compete against Sharess and Sune if one was merely a mortal. Of course one could go by illustrations done in Realms products, but that's the only way a mortal could win.
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2010 :  16:31:48  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a goddes of beauty Sune would be the winner I guess. As for mortals the Seven Sisters would be among the most beautiful women. Personally I think Alias of Westgate is one of the hottest chicks in the Realms with her 80's punk-like hair and her sexy chainmail, and don't forget the funky "tattoos"

Edited by - Tyranthraxus on 05 May 2010 17:38:00
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2010 :  17:10:05  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyranthraxus

As a goddes of beauty Sune would be the winner I guess. As for mortals the Seven Sisters would be among the most beautiful women. Personally U think Alias of Westgate is one of the hottest chicks in the Realms with her 80's punk-like hair and her sexy chainmail, and don't forget the funky "tattoos"

Ahhhh....sexy chainmail...

Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2010 :  19:20:15  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are all fools... Its the Shrinshee!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2010 :  00:44:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyranthraxus

As a goddes of beauty Sune would be the winner I guess. As for mortals the Seven Sisters would be among the most beautiful women. Personally I think Alias of Westgate is one of the hottest chicks in the Realms with her 80's punk-like hair and her sexy chainmail, and don't forget the funky "tattoos"

Okay, I remember the 80's, and I'm not seeing anything particularly punkish about Alias's hair.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2010 :  01:31:04  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really like Laeral myself, especially from Hero's Lorebook. Great artwork!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2010 :  13:41:26  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For mortals I have to agree with Joran about Laeral. The seven sisters can all easily be voted #1.

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
734 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2010 :  14:40:25  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tarrasque (if female)

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2010 :  14:52:51  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Storm Silverhand. . .
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2010 :  14:58:14  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

Tarrasque (if female)

Is that a form of animal loving????

Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2010 :  19:41:15  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Per difinition no human female can be more beutiful than the a very beutiful elf. Just remember that, when you toss the wrong names around!
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2010 :  20:03:23  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

Per difinition no human female can be more beutiful than the a very beutiful elf. Just remember that, when you toss the wrong names around!

Which definition is that?

Elves are to thin and young looking. We are talking women here, not teenagers.
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2010 :  20:45:43  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it is MY difinition!!!

And since my difinitions always are correct then... well need I say more!
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2010 :  03:25:34  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

Which definition is that?

Elves are to thin and young looking. We are talking women here, not teenagers.

If they are not so beautiful, Why there is so much half-elves? Seriously, maybe they have angular faces and all, it depends on the subrace. Just how sexy is drow. RRarr!

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.

Edited by - Sill Alias on 08 May 2010 03:26:16
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2010 :  04:13:37  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pertverts. LOL!!! Actually, I'd have to agree that the seven would all be up there, but so would the Srinshee, and Arilyn. As to the whole human vs elf debate, I'd say it depends on the individual. While I've never heard of an unattractive elf woman, I'm sure there are some who do not begin to compare to those mentioned above.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2010 :  04:38:56  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like with appearrance of those humanoids in "Avatar"?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2010 :  05:37:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Pertverts. LOL!!! Actually, I'd have to agree that the seven would all be up there ...
I don't know. Just based solely on their images in the 2e Heroes' Lorebook, I'd have to say only Laeral and the Simbul hit me as the most "beautiful" of the Seven. In terms of descriptive beauty, however, Ed's write-ups for the various Sisters in The Seven Sisters tome are the most fitting.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2010 :  05:55:01  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sill Alias

Like with appearrance of those humanoids in "Avatar"?

Sadly, I've yet to see that movie, but from what I HAVE seen in trailers, yeah, that might be about right.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Jelennet
Learned Scribe

Russia
131 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2010 :  06:18:23  Show Profile Send Jelennet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I really don't think that all elves are attractive.
Here are some quotes from Elaine Cunningham:

"Her swordmaster was one of the older students at Melee-Magthere. A stocky, rather unattractive male from some lesser family, he seemed alternately annoyed at having to tutor a first-year priestess and delighted to have the chance to lord it over a Baenre female."

"The priestesses of Srune'lett were often referred to as the "fat sisters"—not in their hearing, of course—and many members of the clan, both male and female, lacked the lithe, slender form that was the drow ideal. Dargathan, it would seem, was more than a little sensitive about this fact."

So elves can be fat.
I'm sure that Seven Sisters are more attractive than fat elves.

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2010 :  06:41:40  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fat by elven standarts I believe. I think they would look normal in human eyes.

Go to Top of Page

Jelennet
Learned Scribe

Russia
131 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2010 :  07:36:11  Show Profile Send Jelennet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then here is another noob's question (Ahem... My tradition). If so-called "fat elves" look normal in human standarts, then other thin elves must be anorexic.
I don't think that anorexia looks beautiful by any standarts.
Do you know the official weight and height for elves from the Forgotten Realms?

Edited by - Jelennet on 08 May 2010 07:42:00
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2010 :  16:50:44  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
4'10" +2d10 90lb x 2d4 lb
4'5" +2d10 70lb x 2d4 lb

That the elves hight weight stuff from races of fearun!
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2010 :  23:34:26  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Pertverts. LOL!!! Actually, I'd have to agree that the seven would all be up there ...
I don't know. Just based solely on their images in the 2e Heroes' Lorebook, I'd have to say only Laeral and the Simbul hit me as the most "beautiful" of the Seven. In terms of descriptive beauty, however, Ed's write-ups for the various Sisters in The Seven Sisters tome are the most fitting.

I agree about the pictures. However, even after reading The Seven Sisters, I never really cared for any of them, especially not Alustriel. Well, I take that back. I really liked and admired Syluné; her picture was very lovely also in the Heroes' Lorebook. As for deities, I've never really seen that many good images of them. Eldath strikes me as being lovely though, and I kind of liked the picture of The Red Knight. Might be a good idea to put Hanali and Sehanine in there, too.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000