Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Is Nalia (BG) neutral or chaotic?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jelennet
Learned Scribe

Russia
131 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  03:18:24  Show Profile Send Jelennet a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Nalia from BG is NG in the game Baldur's gate 2 and CG in the manual. So, what do you think about her? Is she neutral or chaotic?

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  05:13:02  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strange. What version did you played? I have chaotic in both.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

Jelennet
Learned Scribe

Russia
131 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  05:28:52  Show Profile Send Jelennet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know. I gave the game to the friend of my brother and he didn't return it.
In my opinion she is more chaotic than neutral.
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  06:18:09  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True. She is the rebellious noble (at least against the traditions and oppression), thinking idealistically. Did you played only by wizard?

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

Jelennet
Learned Scribe

Russia
131 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  06:24:02  Show Profile Send Jelennet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I played BG as a fighter cos I read somewhere that for a beginner it is easier to play as a fighter. But of course I like sorcerers and wizards. I'm going to replay BG someday and then I'll choose a wizard. And what is your favorite class?
Hmm... I googled Nalia and found thaton some sites she is listed as CG, on other she is NG.

Edited by - Jelennet on 04 May 2010 06:27:29
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  06:30:25  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bard. You know, when you have to think how to smash the horde of evil creatures or a dragon by the most minor spells (to 6th level max) it really makes your brain tingle, which gives you a good feeling. I also like the instruments they can use. And ringmail...with it you rule! Too bad I haven't played the BG2:ToB yet.
Also I played a ranger kit archer and assassin. Kinda cool to make super backstab or super shot from bow.

Edited by - Sill Alias on 04 May 2010 06:31:43
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  16:51:14  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Game files say Nalia is CG.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  21:37:46  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always have Nalia in my group instead of Imoen. She has sufficient thieving skills to pick locks but becomes a much more powerful mage than Imoen, who cannot level up that fast due to her imprisonment. Nalia using level 9 Dragon Breath at a relatively early stage of the game... that's the way to deal damage.

Anyhow, she is listed as CG, but unless you play evil with a LG group or good with a CE group, the alignment issue is no big deal in BG, except for personal dislikings between certain NPCs.

Edit: actually I guess Dragonīs Breath is level 10, but shares the level 9 slots in the game.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625

Edited by - skychrome on 04 May 2010 21:45:33
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2010 :  05:14:39  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Dragon Breath and other spells are Epic spells, made to ready players to 3ed games. But due to unability of changing the interface to make special page for them, they made them memorized in 9th level page. Or at least I think so.

Talking about alignment, I think it is strange to know that alignment of Bhaltazar is *SPOILER ALERT* lawful good.

Edited by - Sill Alias on 05 May 2010 05:21:37
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000