Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zuyx
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2010 :  02:45:21  Show Profile  Visit zuyx's Homepage Send zuyx a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just finished the third book tonight, which was originally the end to the series. So I'm wondering if I read a different trilogy or book, I could read the last two on a later date.

Also I plan on reading The Fighter series soon, any order they should be read in, or any since they are stand alone.

Edited by - zuyx on 29 Mar 2010 03:17:21

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2010 :  10:37:02  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zuyx

I just finished the third book tonight, which was originally the end to the series. So I'm wondering if I read a different trilogy or book, I could read the last two on a later date.

Also I plan on reading The Fighter series soon, any order they should be read in, or any since they are stand alone.

I dot see a problem with waiting with the two other books.

Have you checked out any of the old Harper series? These are also stand-alone books and, in most cases, a great read.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2010 :  15:16:21  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi zuyx, you can easily read book IV and V of the Avatars series later.

Prince of Lies and Crucible have a comon story arc, so when you start reading Prince of Lies, then I recommend to follow up inmediately with Crucible.
Personally I found those two books exponentially better than the original Avatars trilogy.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625

Edited by - skychrome on 29 Mar 2010 15:19:00
Go to Top of Page

zuyx
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2010 :  19:25:26  Show Profile  Visit zuyx's Homepage Send zuyx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I'll take a break from them, but will read after a while, getting my other half into reading some books
from Forgotten Realms, so going to read some books together, a few I have doubles of, and give her the Twilight Wars
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2010 :  01:37:14  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might want to read the Twilight Giants Trilogy and The Harpers #1 (THe Parched Sea) and #12 (THe Veiled Dragon) before you read books 4 and 5 of the avatar series as there are some charatcers whose origins take place in those series.
Go to Top of Page

zuyx
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2010 :  00:42:07  Show Profile  Visit zuyx's Homepage Send zuyx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't have any of those but if I can find I'll be sure to read.

I want to Read The Lady Penitent, but don't know if I should first read
War of The Spider Queen, seeing as I have both.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2010 :  01:53:48  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zuyx
I want to Read The Lady Penitent, but don't know if I should first read
War of The Spider Queen, seeing as I have both.

It is definitely recommendable to start with War of the Spiderqueen, as ist is easier to contextualize Lady Penitent after that, especially due to Halistra Melarn's role in both series. You'd ,iss out some stuff by starting with Lady Penitent.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2010 :  23:04:15  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might also want to read Elaine Cunninghams Starlight and Shadows Trilogy before you start either of those series and even RAS's Underdark Novels. This would give you the most chronological order for reading about the characters and places that take place in each series.

I would read the following series' in this order:
Legend of Drizzt
Starlight and Shadows
War of the SpiderQueen
Lady Penitent

Hope that helps
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: